Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on Clash option  (Read 293995 times)
Holt
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »

Thanks. How is the brightness and runtime on them.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »

Been trying to get some info on this but without any luck. Tried Emory as well...

What kind of battery pack is used on the 10w w/ FoC feature? Cuz I've been told that 3.7v trustfires wont work....

You've been told wrong.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Holt
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -24

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »

Thanks Deep! Care to give alittle more info?

How long is the runtime on the 3.7v when having a 10w?

and will the 3.7v give full brightness to the 10w? I'm thinking VA or AB or even BR all with FoC

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »

u cant use a single trustfire 3.7V cause that is only enough voltage to run one die, on a 10W RGB, so you would need two 3.7V trustfire in series to get 7.4V, and if you want more runtime you need to use batteries with more  milliamps, a 3.7V 2600ma battery is twice the size of a AA battery.  Runtime will always vary

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2012, 06:43:02 PM »

u cant use a single trustfire 3.7V cause that is only enough voltage to run one die, on a 10W RGB, so you would need two 3.7V trustfire in series to get 7.4V, and if you want more runtime you need to use batteries with more  milliamps, a 3.7V 2600ma battery is twice the size of a AA battery.  Runtime will always vary

This is incorrect.  You can definitely use a single 3.7V battery to run a 10W RGB LED.  It's done all the time especially with 18650 cells.

The only thing that will change is the run time from using a single cell, but an single 18650 cell would give you more run time than 2x 3.7V 14500 cells.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Graywolf727
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »

Question, DVA is not on the list so is the color matching the same as VA? I am hoping to get DVA with Flash to CG.

I am Darth Rykel, a destroyer of worlds, and Lord of the Sith...so to put it simply, Dark side points please.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »

Since DVA is VA with more emphasis on the Blue LED, I believe you will get the exact same FOC options as VA. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2012, 01:26:57 AM »

so the RGB LED is 10W? how many watts are the non RGB led's? are the RGB led's brighter?

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:25 AM »

so the RGB LED is 10W? how many watts are the non RGB led's? are the RGB led's brighter?

The RGB LED's used in FOC configurations are 10W.  The RGB's and other LED's used  in Non-FOC configurations are 5W.

PeDDeR27
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes.." Light Side Pts

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »

1) With Flash on Clash, does brightness differ between the 10W RGB LED and Seoul P4 Star/Luxeon Rebel Star LED's? Is one brighter than the other?

2) Would the shade/intensity differ between the Seoul P4 Star/Luxeon Rebel Star in Sun Rider's Destiny and the FoC 10W RGB LED in Sun Rider's Destiny?

Sorry about the questions (and if they have been answered before, too), I am just getting ready to order a saber with Obsidian Sound and FoC, and I just want to get some things straight before I click on the checkout button. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:58:03 PM by PeDDeR27 » Logged

Dark Initiate LE v2 - VA (x2 for Staff)
Initiate v2 - GB/AS & LEE Filters
Dark Initiate LE v3 - SRD - UE Blade - Obsidian 2.1 - AS FoC
Dark Initiate LE v3 - CG/EG/Rebel Star Bin 1 Cyan/Rebel Star Bin 2 Cyan
Dark Liberator v3 - SRD
Dark Prophecy v3 - AB
Bellicose - BR

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:40 AM »

1) With Flash on Clash, does brightness differ between the 10W RGB LED and Seoul P4 Star/Luxeon Rebel Star LED's? Is one brighter than the other?

2) Would the shade/intensity differ between the Seoul P4 Star/Luxeon Rebel Star in Sun Rider's Destiny and the FoC 10W RGB LED in Sun Rider's Destiny?

Sorry about the questions (and if they have been answered before, too), I am just getting ready to order a saber with Obsidian Sound and FoC, and I just want to get some things straight before I click on the checkout button. Smiley

I have a Guardian Blue Archon made with a 5W LED and a Guardian Blue War Glaive with a 10W LED.  I cannot tell a difference in the brightness.  No matter what you order, you are going to get a very bright LED.  The difference will be in how much longer your batteries last.

PeDDeR27
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes.." Light Side Pts

« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2012, 12:42:56 AM »

Alright, that's good to know. Thanks!

Dark Initiate LE v2 - VA (x2 for Staff)
Initiate v2 - GB/AS & LEE Filters
Dark Initiate LE v3 - SRD - UE Blade - Obsidian 2.1 - AS FoC
Dark Initiate LE v3 - CG/EG/Rebel Star Bin 1 Cyan/Rebel Star Bin 2 Cyan
Dark Liberator v3 - SRD
Dark Prophecy v3 - AB
Bellicose - BR

Mentor501
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »

Hello once again Saberforum.
I ordered a consular hilt just a few days ago with the green colored LED + silver flash on clash option. It will arrive either tomorrow or the day after. (Over here it's actually today or tomorrow since I live in Germany  Wink )
Sadly it seems that I'm too stupid to find the answer to my question via the search function though so I have to ask a similar question to the one already asked by PeDDer27:

What about the Consular Green + foc silver[/white(?)] against the normal P4 version? Brightness is really important to me (and yeah I know they might be pretty close in brightness but I really want to know which one is brighter in the end Wink )
The shade itself is less important to me, since I think they both should do a decent job on that one.

Besides I'm also interested in the manufacturer of the 10w LED, is it the LedEngine 10 watt or something different? Ultrasaber isn't really clear on that one since they only mention a foc saber would use a 10watt RGB LED.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »

Mentor,

I do believe the only 10W star base attached LED is the LEDEngin.  We are talking 5 W difference so it will not be like a 40W vs 60W lightbulb.  Those you can see a noticeable difference.  I am sure that if you use a luminometer, the 10W will be brighter.  As to how the naked sees it, not so much.  Of course, I am writing based on the eyesight of a 38 year old male.  Females see light differences more clearly than males and age does affect light views as well. 

Often times, the brand of LED they choose in the 5W range depends on which company provides more lumens.  Seoul P4 has the brightest red but the deeper blue of Guardian Blue has to come from a Rebel Star.  I have owned Seoul P4 Blue and it looks nothing like my Guardian Blue.  Of course, price factors as well if the lumen difference is not significant.

On the subject of 10W vs 5W, they are not using all 4 dies on the LEDEngin so you are not getting a full 10W of power going through that thing.  Therefore, you have another factor of why you will not be getting a huge difference (or noticeable with my eyes) in the brightness. 

We do have a smith on here that has experimented with 10W single color LEDEngin and he has talked about the difficulty getting the power cells and resistance just right so that he got a full 10W of power going.  Often times, he just wires them in parallel rather than series and uses lower voltage to prevent heat buildup. 

Sorry about going off a technical tangent but in the end, you are getting brightness whether you purchase the single die Green or the Green + FOC. 

Blue

Noriko
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 103

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »

According to the list, VA with BH FoC would be possible, but BH with VA FoC is not possible. That seems a bit strange to me considering that all the other color/FoC combinations are symmetric (meaning that if color A with color B FoC is possible, then also color B with color A FoC is possible).

Is this a mistake in the list?

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: