Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on Clash option  (Read 295121 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »

Just a quick question, would it be possible to send my saber in and be upgraded for FoC?  I ordered mine without and am kinda regretting it.

Drop them an email at info@ultrasabers.com for faster response.  My instinct tells me that the answer is going to be yes.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2013, 02:37:29 AM »

I want to send my Bellicose back for FOC silver upgrade but I don't know if its too late by now. Or for upgrades like this can we send back our sabers any time? Thanks.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

vsighi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »

Hi everyone this is my first post...My name is Sith SIGH and I'm an sabier alcoholic :-))
For my mistake I did not order my Bellicose with a FoC but is possible if you buy "Requisition Charge" my Bellicose will be shipped to Ultrasaber tomorrow for an SILVER FoC Upgrade...I may need to lei down quietly till I will get it back...an Sith Lord with out sabier is just trouble :-))

Bellicose - RBG -Silver  FoC , Obsidian Sound.
The Graflex SE - GB, AB FoC , Obsidian Sound.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2013, 11:19:28 PM »

^ E mail and ask the procedure
info@ultrasabers.com

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

jasond22
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

Jedi w/ Archon SRD/FOC AS; Prophecy CG; Aeon v3 GB

« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »

The non FOC sabers use the 5W LED's as they are either a single die or contain three dies on the RGB models.  The Flash on Clash sabers have 4 dies with a combined rating of 10W.  Since most of the sabers require 2-3 dies to make the primary color plus flash on clash, you will not be using the full 10W of power. 

The brightness comes from two factors:  the lumens a specific color produces and the number of dies used in the mixing of the colors.  For your example of SRD with AS FOC:  You have blue and green (the highest lumens of all colored LED's) mixed to produce the SRD.  The you have AS that comes from a white.  If you have 10W spread over 4 dies, that is 5W per side.  So on the wattage, you have a primary color that is equal to a 5W RGB used for a non flash on clash. 

I'm curious, what you write here seems to contradict what Deep writes here (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7855.0).  According to you, SRD FOC is the same as a 5W single color, according to Deep SRD FOC (& other mixed colors) should technically be brighter (more wattage) than a 5W.  So who's right/wrong, and why?

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2013, 05:51:55 PM »

I'm curious, what you write here seems to contradict what Deep writes here (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7855.0).  According to you, SRD FOC is the same as a 5W single color, according to Deep SRD FOC (& other mixed colors) should technically be brighter (more wattage) than a 5W.  So who's right/wrong, and why?

This is what Deep wrote:

1. If 2+ Diodes are connected (for example Arctic Blue, Violet Amethyst, SRD, SY, BH, etc) then mathematically the 10W RGB is brighter.  If only one diode is connected then mathematically the Seoul P4 is brighter.  By seriously, you need to be looking with some kind of special light absorbing tool to see the difference.  They all look great.

I wrote that brightness comes from 2 factors:  lumens and dies.

Deep stated that the math supports more dies equals brighter BUT that you would need a special light absorbing tool to see the difference (ie. lumens).

We are not contradicting each other.  Just because something is rated with a higher wattage doesn't mean it is necessarily brighter.

I'll give you this example:  You own a car with tires rated to run 180 mph and I own a car with tires rated to run at 120 mph.  It is true that your car can safely run faster than my car but if both our cars cannot exceed 70 mph due to a speed limit, what does it honestly matter? 

The 10W LED's make FOC possible where the 5W LED's don't in US's setup.  Both sabers (FOC and Non-FOC) are running at 1000mA so brightness differences are non issue. 

Repeating what Deep said in his post, every one of them is bright and unless you want to invest in a lumen measuring tool, you are going to be hard pressed to determine what is the brightest.

jasond22
Knight Ensign

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »

Deep stated that the math supports more dies equals brighter BUT that you would need a special light absorbing tool to see the difference (ie. lumens).

We are not contradicting each other.  Just because something is rated with a higher wattage doesn't mean it is necessarily brighter.

No contradiction?  I'm confused.  You wrote "on the wattage, you have a primary color that is equal to a 5W RGB used for a non flash on clash."  Deep says a mixed color FOC setup is higher wattage.  Are you now agreeing with that?  It's higher wattage, you just think no one can see the difference?

What's the 4th die in your FOC description?  I understand a 3 die RGB, and you mix all 3 to get white.  Is Ultrasabers using a special 4 die LED and what's the 4th die for?

I've seen Deep (& others) post that people's perception of brightness, and color, varies.  Maybe he sees no appreciable difference between a lower wattage and a higher wattage, but others might.  No one's eyes have a "speed limit" (unless we're talking so bright that we're going to go temporarily blind).  I know I can tell the difference between a 75W bulb and a 100W bulb.  Can I tell the difference between a 5W saber and a higher Watt saber?  In a dark or bright room?  Maybe.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »

No contradiction?  I'm confused.  You wrote "on the wattage, you have a primary color that is equal to a 5W RGB used for a non flash on clash."  Deep says a mixed color FOC setup is higher wattage.  Are you now agreeing with that?  It's higher wattage, you just think no one can see the difference?

What's the 4th die in your FOC description?  I understand a 3 die RGB, and you mix all 3 to get white.  Is Ultrasabers using a special 4 die LED and what's the 4th die for?

I've seen Deep (& others) post that people's perception of brightness, and color, varies.  Maybe he sees no appreciable difference between a lower wattage and a higher wattage, but others might.  No one's eyes have a "speed limit" (unless we're talking so bright that we're going to go temporarily blind).  I know I can tell the difference between a 75W bulb and a 100W bulb.  Can I tell the difference between a 5W saber and a higher Watt saber?  In a dark or bright room?  Maybe.

I did an entire video on this when people were arguing about battery voltages giving brighter colors and the majority saw no difference. 

The 10 Watt LED's have 4 dies:  A red, a green, a blue and the 4th is either a white or amber.  You can visit LEDEngin's websites to verify this.  These LED's are always used in the FOC configurations.

If you have a non FOC, then you either have a single color LED or a 5W RGB (3 die) LED that mixes colors to get the desired effect. 

The speed limit comment goes back to my video where I showing that it is the resistor that controls the brightness, not the voltage.  Same thing here, the resistor controls the brightness, not the wattage.

Wattage is a rating for a light bulb's power consumption and output.  Lumens is a measure of the light's brightness.

Honestly this is an old argument that I thought had long been resolved.  My thoughts are "what is the purpose of your question?"  Are you just looking for an argument or are you truly wanting more information? 

You need to look at what Deep also wrote a little deeper. 

(Here is his original post)

1. If 2+ Diodes are connected (for example Arctic Blue, Violet Amethyst, SRD, SY, BH, etc) then mathematically the 10W RGB is brighter.  If only one diode is connected then mathematically the Seoul P4 is brighter.  By seriously, you need to be looking with some kind of special light absorbing tool to see the difference.  They all look great.

(end quote)

Now if you look at it, Deep states that if you are using a combo color, then the 10W would be MATHEMATICALLY brighter but if you are using a single color MATHEMATICALLY the 5W would be brighter. 

If you want a 10W LED, then purchase the Flash on Clash.  That is the purpose this thread.  It is not to debate semantics. 

I own 5W single LED, 5W RGB, and 10W Flash on Clash sabers.  I never have people coming to me pointing and saying, that saber is brighter.  All I hear is that "D*mn, those sabers are bright." 

Go to the LED's websites.  Look at the lumens, wattages, forward voltages, resistance values, and do the math if you are wanting to find a miniscule difference in brightness.  More work that it is worth. 

Flash on Clash sabers use a 10W LED Engin RGBW or RGBA LED.  Non Flash on Clash Sabers use a 5W Seoul P4 or Rebel Star LED. 

This is my final statement on this.  I am not here to defend or contradict anyone else on this forum.  I am here to help people make a decision that will make them feel good about their saber purchase. 

Have a nice day.

jasond22
Knight Ensign

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2013, 04:54:26 PM »

Honestly this is an old argument that I thought had long been resolved.  My thoughts are "what is the purpose of your question?"  Are you just looking for an argument or are you truly wanting more information?

I'm sorry, I think you've misunderstood me.  I'm not looking for defense.  I'm looking for info to make a decision.  I am new to these forums.  I haven't seen the "old arguments", and I didn't find them when searching.  And I don't know much about LEDs, electricity, or electronics.  But I do enjoy learning technical details because I'm curious that way.

I'm asking because I like FOC, but I'm also interested in the brightest saber I can get.  I'd gladly get/give-up FOC or get/give-up a certain color, if I thought another configuration could be brighter.

And since there seemed to be conflicting advice between you and Deep, I wanted to get more information, to help me decide.

Can you explain to me how a combo color FOC is mathematically brighter?  Or is that too complicated an explanation?  Is it only certain combo colors, based upon how many dies they require?  My memory right now is that all the combo colors were only 2 dies.

>All I hear is that "D*mn, those sabers are bright."

You've overloaded their eyes  Wink

From all I've learned so far, and Ultra's post ("Blue is still the brightest, but it's not out of place in the lineup.  All our colors are very comparable to each other in brightness, with Blue and Green having a bit more punch to them"), it sounds like something like Arctic Blue FOC or SRD FOC ought to be the brightest.  Mathematically at least based on the 10W LED? 

And I know human eyes are most sensitive to green/yellowish-green in the daylight, but in the dark that shifts more towards blue, which means green & blue colors ought to be perceived brighter than their lumens would indicate.

I'm going to try to find your video, I'm curious to see what's in it.

WARBR KAADE
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2013, 03:59:15 PM »

Hey guys, quick question, I am ordering my first FoC saber, Guardian w/sound and Guardian Blue blade, question is, does the FoC option show the normal blade color as bright as a saber without FoC?

" Our's is not to pander to the lowest common denominator, but to raise it, so that,  in time, after the improvement of all, i will finally have some competent adversaries.......LOL

Slua
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »

Another question: have anyone tried using color filters in pair with FoC?

To change both the main color and the FoC color.

If "yes" - how was the impression?

Peace is a lie, and it isn't.
Through peace, I gain knowledge.
Through knowledge, I gain power.
Through power, I gain serenity.
Through serenity, my chains are broken.
The Force shall grant me harmony.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »

Another question: have anyone tried using color filters in pair with FoC?

To change both the main color and the FoC color.

If "yes" - how was the impression?
This I would like to know as well.

dark side points please

Slua
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2013, 07:33:16 PM »

Really? No one ever tried this idea???

Please, tell us, before the summer deals end))

Peace is a lie, and it isn't.
Through peace, I gain knowledge.
Through knowledge, I gain power.
Through power, I gain serenity.
Through serenity, my chains are broken.
The Force shall grant me harmony.

OrigamiGuru
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Grey Jedi

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »

Yes it works bit the effect depends on what filter you use and what your FOC is. I've been playing with some Lee filters on my CG Scorpion and I think the main reason it's so noticable is because my FOC is silver. I'll try to post pics later.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2013, 01:40:49 PM »

I am going to be ordering an Archon with Consular Green and I was curious if Silver or SRD was a better FoC color and which which might effect having a dimmer or brighter blade overall?

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: