Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on Clash option  (Read 294049 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2014, 02:05:37 PM »

hey all,

So Im building my first custom saber and Im looking for a little advice on a few topics. I set up a post actually, going over several of them , so If you prefer to find that, to asking me directly what im asking help for, please, feel free. I believe its titled; ' Building my first saber (Heeellppp) ' or something to that effect haha. Otherwise, the general gist of my questions have to do mainly with the internals/Electronics, but I also have a few compatability questions about some possible hilts I'd like to use for a custom saber. maybe not my first, but at some point. If anybody has knowledge about these things, please respond to my inquiry.

Id really appreciate any help I can get !  Also, I am attempting to determine the LED and Sound set ups I'd like to end up putting in my first saber. Obviously those are some major components to a complete fight-worthy saber, because naturally I don't want to build a saber that doesn't light up or make noise lol. Anyways, Please Help a brotha out, hit me with some knowledge, Im ready to learn ! haha

I have plenty of tutorials on www.youtube.com/bluespike1974.  If you cannot find something there, just hit me with a PM question.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »

Flash on clash is one of the best features ultrasabers has. I absolutely love it, and when I mess around with my MR Force FX lightsabers, they just fall short in comparison. I have a Shock LE with Emerald driver, and I love to be able to adjust the FOC to suit my blade color.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Enneth_Korr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2014, 06:48:55 AM »

Quick question- been planning my saber for some time, and looking to get a cheaper option that could add the Flash on Clash option later.  Is this doable, and any specs strongly needed to allow for future upgrades?  (friend tells me pretty cool about this/mail ins for later features)

Looking at a Guardian Blue, and adding a silver or Amethyst flash down the line when funds allow. 

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »

As long as you have a soundboard installed, it's no big deal to add FoC, I think. Don't know about the right LED unit, though, since they seem to differ from the ones used in non-FoC sabers...

The easiest way is of course a mail-in so that US ca handle this and maintain the warranty on your saber Smiley Just shoot them an e-mail at info@ultrasabers.com

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2014, 07:54:20 PM »

or wait till the 90 days is up then have at it. You will need to make sure you have at least a 2 color LED. I think a 3 color is usually used.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »

Quick question- been planning my saber for some time, and looking to get a cheaper option that could add the Flash on Clash option later.  Is this doable, and any specs strongly needed to allow for future upgrades?  (friend tells me pretty cool about this/mail ins for later features)

Looking at a Guardian Blue, and adding a silver or Amethyst flash down the line when funds allow. 

They use the 10W LEDs for FoC/Emerald but not for non-FoC setups. All Obsidian boards support FoC by default, but you'll need a new LED and the extra wire installed to the FoC lead to the board, but Ultrasabers can definitely upgrade that for you at a later time. It is more cost efficient to wait for what you want and order it like that, though.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2014, 08:32:56 PM »

or wait till the 90 days is up then have at it

Actually warranty's been expanded to a full year Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

maxjive
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2015, 05:20:45 PM »

Hey everyone,

I have an Emerald Guardian (amazing!), but now looking to pick up a new saber with the Obsidian Board only.  With the Emerald Driver, I've found some settings (see pic) that I like (for blade shimmer as well as FoC to Black with fast timing) and I was wondering if these settings could be pre-programmed into an Obsidian setup or if you had to order the Emerald for these effects?

For Blue, the Shimmer basically goes from B 255 to B 240 so it wouldn't need another LED.
Lockup/FoC is similar in timing but goes between B 255 and B 0 (basically on and off).

Just curious as to what the pre-programmed FoC/Lockup seetings are for the Obsidian only option and whether or not they can be pre-programmed.

Thanks!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »

You need the Emerald Driver for both your Pulse and FoC settings shown in the Launcher. It can't be transferred or programmed into an Obsidian sound board. Obsidian-only setups have no Pulse feature and they limit you to certain FoC settings and colours (available colours depend on your main colour).

However, if you order a saber equipped with Emerald and Obsidian boards it could be possible to ship the saber with these settings if you tell US your desired settings and they agree to do so.

Sig by Master Nero

maxjive
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2015, 10:20:33 PM »

You need the Emerald Driver for both your Pulse and FoC settings shown in the Launcher. It can't be transferred or programmed into an Obsidian sound board. Obsidian-only setups have no Pulse feature and they limit you to certain FoC settings and colours (available colours depend on your main colour).

Thanks Racona...do you happen to also know the default settings for FoC that comes programmed with the Sound Only sabers?  Just want to program them into the Emerald to demo what it would look like so that I can decide (although I'll probably go for another Emerald!).

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2015, 05:39:46 PM »

It's quite difficult to transfer that to the Emerald Driver due to the technical differences between the two boards. Only the Lockup Flash time could be used which is 52ms by default (this can be increased up to 24ms which is my setting and far more realistic), but I have no idea how high the "Play x Times" settings is. What I remember is that my sabers only flashed once per impact, so I think that the built-in "Play x Times" setting is simply 1.

Sig by Master Nero

maxjive
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »

Thanks

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »

I have a question also, would anyone happen to have a blade in SY with flash on clash? I was unsure how visible the flash on clash would be with SY, I know that i'd like FoC, but i don't think i can justify the price difference between FoC and emerald just for a single colour.

Thanks in advance!

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »

I happen to have similar colour settings on my Emerald saber with the darker P(yrestone) O(range) as main colour and a true yellow taken from the colour picker in the Launcher. SY is a bit paler than my yellow AFAIK, so an AS FoC would not be that visible. I tend to vote for FO as FoC colour when choosing SY as main colour.

Sig by Master Nero

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »

Thank you for that Racona, good to know, i'd much rather spend on FoC than on emerald if i don't plan on changing the main colour!
   For some reason i was thinking of it in a Bellicose, with a gold button of course  Wink

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: