Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on Clash option  (Read 295288 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »

Now that would be a nice combo, really looking forward to your review if you should decide on that setup Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »

Oh definitely, i never gave the Bellicose much of a second glance until recently, but it's grown on me rapidly (especially at that price point)  Grin

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »

I have a question also, would anyone happen to have a blade in SY with flash on clash? I was unsure how visible the flash on clash would be with SY, I know that i'd like FoC, but i don't think i can justify the price difference between FoC and emerald just for a single colour.

This message is about 6 months old so you've likely already decided.  On a standard LED saber with sound you have to pick something that has enough of a difference to stand out.  My SY saber flashes to Adegan Silver.  This works and is definitely noticeable.   My Archon was orange with flash to SY, and the difference was so small that it was barely noticeable.  I wound up swapping the Archon's LED module for Sunrider's Destiny with Silver FoC and that works great.  Silver FoC works great with just about anything.  If you have Silver as your main blade color, then red & blue work well for FoC.

FoC on a standard saber is $35 & that's 1/3rd the cost of going Emerald.  Then you can change color/FoC colors at will without limitation, plus have the pulse effect.   Something I noticed cool in the Emerald FoC settings is you can set it for minimum duration with 2-3 quick flashes.  Very cool gives a lightning strike effect.

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS
Dark War Glaive: PO/AS
Dark Standard: AS/BR
Menace CE: Emerald

maratih@gmail.com
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2015, 02:54:14 PM »

Hello! I have a question, is it possible to turn the flashing off when I'll move my lightsaber and there will be sounds coming?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

Hi Smiley It's of course possible to turn off the FoC feature. You need the UltraSabersLauncher which can be downloaded from here (Mac) or here (Windows) and a mini-USB cable (NOT micro-USB).

1) Install the launcher with administrator rights (for Windows 7: right-click the installer, choose "Run as Administrator")
2) Turn your saber on, connect it with the USB cable (use a USB 2.0 port). Wait for the driver(s) to be installed!
3) Run the launcher, again with admin rights (for Windows 7: right-click, Properties, Compatibility, check "Run program as Administrator" - then it always runs with admin rights once you double-click the icon).
4) After finishing your actions, close the launcher first! Then unplug your saber.

It's important to do this with full batteries! Also, stick to that sequence! Otherwise you may encounter issues like sound board malfunction.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:10:03 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

LordTwilight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2015, 11:39:49 AM »

Hello there
I have a "Dark Catalyst" almost 1y now.
I did a lot of upgrades with different parts and now I will add an QuadRebel RRRW LED.
That means, 3xRed LED as blade colour and 1xwhite for FOC.

My question:
Does the FOC Setting on the Obsidian turn off the main LED and turn on the FOC colour, or does it just turn on the FOC colour in addition?
Because that would suck for my purpose  Embarrassed

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »

Hello there
I have a "Dark Catalyst" almost 1y now.
I did a lot of upgrades with different parts and now I will add an QuadRebel RRRW LED.
That means, 3xRed LED as blade colour and 1xwhite for FOC.

My question:
Does the FOC Setting on the Obsidian turn off the main LED and turn on the FOC colour, or does it just turn on the FOC colour in addition?
Because that would suck for my purpose  Embarrassed

You're in luck. The Obsidian has two Voltage in pins - one for the main and the other for FoC. The clash sensor swaps V1 for V2, so your main shuts off so the FoC can shine as intended. Sounds like your idea is going to work!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darthlawyer
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2015, 01:40:24 AM »

So... hypothetically, if I didn't understand how FOC worked, and, hypothetically thought that having a GB saber with GB FOC would just make it flash brighter when I ordered... what color FOC are the sabertechs likely to add (while I am hypothetically waiting arrival of my first saber)?

Proud owner of an Apprentice LE v4 in Guardian Blue

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2015, 06:07:46 PM »

The most likely colour will be Adegan Silver, that's more or less the "universal" FoC colour for any saber colour - except Adegan Silver itself Wink

Sig by Master Nero

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2015, 05:13:58 AM »

Can someone please confirm Deep's first post with the summary table of combinations for this thread is still currently applicable? Thanks.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2015, 05:35:35 AM »

Yes it is.  Just let us know your potential plans and members can tell you if the flash color that you are thinking of will look good and be distinguishable or not so much.  Also if you want to stay truer to a Cannon saber then the flash should be silver-white.  I like to have really bold and striking flashes.  It can be difficult to decide and some colors have limited choices on the summary table.   Smiley

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2015, 05:51:14 AM »

Thanks! From all my readings so far, it seems AS is the "standard" safe option offering decent contrast for all blade colors. The exceptions are AS itself obviously and Fire Orange, is this a fair comment? Fire Orange blade color goes best with Blazing Red as FoC?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2015, 06:15:19 AM »

I won't say that orange is the best flash for red but a nice subtler effect.  Yellow is better.  White is still really good but can take on a pinker hue.  The core color on the blade will still flash white.  That's why many choose a violet amethyst, dark violet amethyst or a bright magenta-rose Banes Heart.   Unless you have an Emerald driver it generally is best to stay away from the blended colors for a flash.  Smiley

OOPS.  Got the colors reversed.  Red is a strong flash.  White can make the orange seem like a creamsicle so not offered as a flash.  Pyrestone orange may not have enough contrast.  If choosing this moderate blood-orange flash then might as well do the red for a real sithy look.   Cool

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2015, 06:33:28 AM »

Thanks, that all makes very good reasoning to me!  Smiley

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »

Would Hot Pink as a blade color match with Silver FoC? Hot Pink is a color not listed in the summary table on page one.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: