Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on Clash option  (Read 294061 times)
Gaius
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Hello Jedi. How nice of you to drop in.

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 01:02:39 AM »

I think changing colors using quick disconnects may not be an option if you have FoC.  The FoC uses an RGB led, not a Seoul or Luxeon.  So the LED is "tuned" to the color  that you selected with the FoC triggering a different combination of the three colors (probably by re-directing the voltage in a different combination).  It may be possible, I suppose, to get another RGB LED that is tuned to a different color with a different FoC color, but this  would have to be an MLS that has been specially prepared.  We haven't heard yet (and this is all very new) whether that will be offered.

FWIW, I'm willing to give up quick disconnects for FOC, though with two MLS units on the way, and only one saber at the moment with QD, it would be a shame for that to be the only saber I could use them in.

Raven, Blazing Red, SS Pommel, Obsidian- Sekarasu
Archon v.2- Guardian Blue, DVA or SRD- QD, Obsidian- Lior
Prophecy, violet amethyst - [Name To Be Determined]
Dark War Glaive, Pyrestone with silver FOC, Obsidian, Black Claws red A/V- Enfer

stuxnet
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -34

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 02:01:20 AM »

I recently purchased three Obsidian sabers, and I would've loved this option had it been available a month ago. Can I mail them in for this upgrade?

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 03:14:03 AM »

While ordering I was going to order a spare MLS and found out that they have added a FOC pull-down window to it, which answers my question.  Now hopfully all I have to do is order a FOC capable MLS for my other sound sabers.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 06:01:05 AM »

Very Interesting Indeed... I Shall Have To Give This Some Thought Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:19 AM »

I'm loving the FoC idea a lot! Too bad I do not have an RGB. When I get an RGB, I'm soooo getting this!

I have never been a fan of pulsating blades though, the ligtsabers in Star Wars pulsated very little if they did at all. I find led sabers that pulsate, do not pulsate the subtle way that they did in SW, but are way more, "out there" if you will.

Is it possible to get the FoC, without the pulsating blade?

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »

I recently purchased three Obsidian sabers, and I would've loved this option had it been available a month ago. Can I mail them in for this upgrade?

Bye Darth S whoever you were Wink    Now back to retyping my answer for Stuxnet:  I checked with Deep about sending in sabers to make them FOC capable (cause I wanted some done);  I was told that it could be done, but they had to gut and rebuild the insides, changing out the sound board for a new one, and putting in a new and  more expensive MLS unit.  Deep gave me a very, very, very rough price quote, but I will not mention it because It was just that, a rough price quote, which in my opinion only covered parts, and no labor or shipping.

Will I get some redone...it's hard to say at this time.  Will see what my Overlord looks like with FOC.

stuxnet
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »

Bye Darth S whoever you were Wink    Now back to retyping my answer for Stuxnet:  I checked with Deep about sending in sabers to make them FOC capable (cause I wanted some done);  I was told that it could be done, but they had to gut and rebuild the insides, changing out the sound board for a new one, and putting in a new and  more expensive MLS unit.  Deep gave me a very, very, very rough price quote, but I will not mention it because It was just that, a rough price quote, which in my opinion only covered parts, and no labor or shipping.

Will I get some redone...it's hard to say at this time.  Will see what my Overlord looks like with FOC.

Thanks for the info Tom. Would you mind PMing me that very, very, very rough price quote, just so I have a very, very, very rough sense of what it might cost me?  Wink

Kannik
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 30

Lovin' Life

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 11:03:54 PM »

Deep gave me a very, very, very rough price quote, but I will not mention it because It was just that, a rough price quote, which in my opinion only covered parts, and no labor or shipping.

I can't wait to read your Overlord FOC review! 

Even if you won't give a full-on price quote, would you be willing to share a rough % of new sabre (with Obsidian and FOC added in) cost?  (my guess based on the obsidian and FOC MLS costs plus some labour would be about half...)

peace,

Kannik

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."

Archon v2.1 w/ v3 head: Consular Green
Archon v2 w/ War Glaive head : Fire Orange
Archon v3 w/ Menace head & custom neck : Arctic Blue
Guardian:  Guardian Blue
Dark Prophecy V3: Arctic Blue
Sentinel LE v4 w/ extended handle:  Guardian Blue

stuxnet
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 11:12:58 PM »

I can't wait to read your Overlord FOC review!  

I'm getting one too, but I'm a bit confused by the ordering process, hoping one of you fine folks can clears a few things up.

I want Sentinel Yellow with White FoC. So when ordering, do I ask for Arctic Blue as the main and RGB as the FoC, noting the actual color choices in the annotation? Do I have that right? Or is it Arctic Blue and White as the FoC? I'm a bit confused >.< Also, this does come with the quick disconnect MLS option, yes? And lastly, Emory posted that the "forum colors" were an extra $5, so am I adding that on top of the Arctic blue $5 upcharge? And if so, how?

Thanks.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 01:15:12 AM »

@ Kannik:    Once I get the overlord and see it myself I will decide if I want to get some others converted.  I would suggest emailing Deep to coordinate converting them for you at info@ultrasabers.com, he may need other info that he didn't provide me.    Below is the excerpt from the email that Deep sent me about converting the saber to FOC capable.

You can, but the task of making it FoC capable isn't easy. We'd have to
> > dismantle and rebuild the entire saber and add a different soundboard
> > and a different much more exspensive LED.
> >
> > 1. It would cost about as much as a new saber (disassembling and
> > reassembling is much harder than just assembling). Probably around $200
> > per saber which would include all labor and parts.

@ Stuxnet:  For the main color you would pic one of the colors that cost $5.00 more than the others (VA, Arctic Blue, or Sunrider's Destiny).  When you get to the Flash on Clash box click on the Silver color.  The flash on clash is a special MLS unit.  If you would ever want to change the color of main color or flash color you would need to click on the quick disconnect box for "sure add them".  Once you are ready to check out you would go to the Order Comments box and state something like:  I would like the blade color to be Sentinel Yellow with Silver FOC.

This should take care of it.  Note:  A SY overlord with sound and Red AV switch, FOC Silver, quick disconnects, li-on setup, nickle finish, mid grade blade and a hex wrench is 311.00.

Kannik
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 30

Lovin' Life

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 04:31:14 AM »

@ Kannik:    Once I get the overlord and see it myself I will decide if I want to get some others converted.  I would suggest emailing Deep to coordinate converting them for you at info@ultrasabers.com, he may need other info that he didn't provide me.    Below is the excerpt from the email that Deep sent me about converting the saber to FOC capable.
--excerpt--

Excellent, thanks a tonne for the info.  Given what Deep says if I choose to get FoC I'll simply order more sabres.  A collection starts when you have two, right?  Wink

peace,

Kannik
(though it would be two of the same to start -- gotta get my fave in FoC before I start ordering more... like maybe that Bellicose, or a dark shock, or... and then add more MLS units... -grins- )

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."

Archon v2.1 w/ v3 head: Consular Green
Archon v2 w/ War Glaive head : Fire Orange
Archon v3 w/ Menace head & custom neck : Arctic Blue
Guardian:  Guardian Blue
Dark Prophecy V3: Arctic Blue
Sentinel LE v4 w/ extended handle:  Guardian Blue

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »

Being new here, I have some quick questions:  What does BH stand for and can someone provide pictures of Pyrestone and BH?  I am also assuming that SY stands for Sentinel Yellow.  Thanks.  JJ

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »

BH stands for Bane's Heart, it is a more reddish Violet Amethyst, some have described it as a reg magenta, or even a pinkish Violet.
Pyrestone Orange (to me) is a more darker, evil looking Fire Orange

Here's one for Bane's Heart
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3485.0

On page 16 of the below topic you will find some pics with the colors.  Keep in mind there are very few pics that will actually capture the exact color.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=438.225

Here's one for Sentinel Yellow
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3500.0

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 08:55:31 PM »

Consular Green with blue flash would look good. Thats what I'm doing for my Consular saber.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »

Definently do a video review of it if you can Smiley    I would like to see it cause it may change my opinion.   That's what we should do start a new thread "Different Blade Colors with FOC".  This would give someone a visual as to the different color combinations.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: