Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guardian Review  (Read 2227 times)
Tyman17
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 14

Dark Side Points Please!

« on: November 28, 2017, 07:19:33 PM »

Hello Saber Forum! This is my first Ultrasabers purchase, and I couldn't be more happy with it! Here is a video review of my new baby:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UOgV8ndN0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UOgV8ndN0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Some specs for those who are interested and may not have watched the video:

Color: Tri-Guardian Blue
Blade Length: 36" Mid-Grade
Standard guarded switch, standard battery setup.

I've done some heavy dueling with the mid grade blade and it has held up no problem, so in case anyone is wondering how tough they are... they're VERY tough.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:50:19 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

"It is your destiny"

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »

Thanks for the review and detailing about the sanded mid grade blade. Nice looking saber!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DiZziMage
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -61

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:45:50 PM »

Looks Great!

Sabers Owned:

ELECTRUM WIND (SY)
DARK INITIATE LE V4 (VA)
DOMINIX V3 (FO)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »

Nice. I say go over the blade a couple more times, I sanded an older blade of mine like 3 times if that makes sense

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Tyman17
Knight Apprentice

Dark Side Points Please!

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 01:42:53 AM »

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Nice. I say go over the blade a couple more times, I sanded an older blade of mine like 3 times if that makes sense

Did that help create a smoother look on yours?

"It is your destiny"

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 03:50:44 AM »

Nice review there. Thanks for sharing

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 03:55:31 AM »

Good review, I really like the Guardian and Tri-Cree GB is great and really bright.  I too sanded a grab bag heavy grade blade I got and I like the frosted look it gives but usually wait until it gets heavily scratched before sanding as once you sand it, you can't go back to having it clear again.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Tyman17
Knight Apprentice

Dark Side Points Please!

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 05:16:35 AM »

Good review, I really like the Guardian and Tri-Cree GB is great and really bright.  I too sanded a grab bag heavy grade blade I got and I like the frosted look it gives but usually wait until it gets heavily scratched before sanding as once you sand it, you can't go back to having it clear again.

I agree. I don't think I mentioned it too much in the video, but the blade had some pretty big scratches from duels. I decided to go for it and sand it because of this, as well as the frosted look. I am planning on getting a mystery box soon, so I will likely keep that blade for show and use the sanded one for dueling!

"It is your destiny"

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 07:03:23 AM »

Great saber! The Guardian was also one of my first sabers, ever.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 02:17:52 PM »

Good review, I need to try sanding one of my blades

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »

Good review! What a great choice for your first saber! I absolutely LOVE my Guardian. It's like childhood dream come true  Cheesy

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Jovvi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Light Side Points, Please

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »

Awesome review.  That's a great idea on sanding the blade.  I may try that on a spare blade.  Great looking hilt.

The Old Broad with a Dog
May the Force be with us all

"The hare runs into the fire. The fire, it loves her, she is free..."  - "Tiffany" - I Shall Wear Midnight

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 05:26:37 AM »

Great review, makes me want a Guardian.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Erim3224
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 12:18:57 AM »

I just received my first Saber today and it too was a Guardian!  Very happy with it.  The ultra edge mid grade blade looks to be very sturdy.  I’ll keep the sanding tip in mind if it gets to the point where it needs it.

Super impressed with everyone’s lists of all of the sabers they own!  Jealous!  Going to the dark side...

I have a number of the old Master Replicas sabers and my guardian is WAY better in terms of something you can actually feel safe using.  Much more than just a display piece although it is nice enough to be that too!

Can’t wait for the next one.  Thanks for the sanding tip!

Tyman17
Knight Apprentice

Dark Side Points Please!

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 05:34:16 AM »

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone! A few more duels under the belt and The Guardian has been fantastic.

I just received my first Saber today and it too was a Guardian!  Very happy with it.  The ultra edge mid grade blade looks to be very sturdy.  I’ll keep the sanding tip in mind if it gets to the point where it needs it.

Super impressed with everyone’s lists of all of the sabers they own!  Jealous!  Going to the dark side...

I have a number of the old Master Replicas sabers and my guardian is WAY better in terms of something you can actually feel safe using.  Much more than just a display piece although it is nice enough to be that too!

Can’t wait for the next one.  Thanks for the sanding tip!

No problem! Hopefully you like your Guardian as much as I like mine! Now to decide which saber to buy next, right??

"It is your destiny"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: