Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War Official Trailer  (Read 1634 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: November 29, 2017, 05:37:31 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8</a>

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »

Holy. SHELL!!!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:59:32 PM »

SO MUCH AWESOMENESS IN ONE TRAILER!!
A little different in places from the comic-con trailer, but just so damn good. I'm sorry DC, but unless you poach Kevin Feige, your cinematic universe will never be as great as the MCU.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 06:07:14 PM »

A little different in places from the comic-con trailer, but just so damn good. I'm sorry DC, but unless you poach Kevin Feige, your cinematic universe will never be as great as the MCU.

This kind of thinking is the reason why I am underwhelmed by this trailer, it's really not the trailer though it's conversation that follows I find do deflating. It doesn't add to the conversation, but it does add to the kind toxic tribalism found in nearly ever other discussion forum dedicated to the topic.  It's more than possible to build one thing up without tearing another down.

Mark my words there will be things present in this film that will be overlooked and forgiven for which JL was put through the ringer. In fact there's one giant purple thing in the trailer itself.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 06:55:37 PM »

WOW

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »

Holy. SHELL!!!
Seconded.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 07:27:18 PM »

"And get this man a shield"  Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin!!!!!!!!! This looks so good! I need to go watch Ragnarok!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »

I just squeed in a most Un-Sithly kind of way. Gah I really need to see Ragnarok.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 07:50:31 PM »

Mark my words there will be things present in this film that will be overlooked and forgiven for which JL was put through the ringer.

Maybe, but this isn't uncommon.  An imperfection is easy to overlook when the rest of the product is good, while something else that may do the same thing is focused on because there isn't as much "good" to even it out.

In fact there's one giant purple thing in the trailer itself.

Would you mind elaborating...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 08:13:27 PM »

Maybe, but this isn't uncommon.  An imperfection is easy to overlook when the rest of the product is good, while something else that may do the same thing is focused on because there isn't as much "good" to even it out.

Subjectivity vs Objectivity.

Would you mind elaborating...

A CGI villain with a play-doh like appearance and by extension his CGI army. I'm sure everything will be tightened up in the next couple months though or maybe it won't be. All I know from this first trailer is that this will be the third time they've used the same formula in the Avengers, and of course the team will win, but hopefully it's not a clean win.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 08:52:38 PM »

This kind of thinking is the reason why I am underwhelmed by this trailer, it's really not the trailer though it's conversation that follows I find do deflating. It doesn't add to the conversation, but it does add to the kind toxic tribalism found in nearly ever other discussion forum dedicated to the topic.  It's more than possible to build one thing up without tearing another down.

As someone not terribly versed in comics one way or the other, I can say that, for the most part, the DC characters just underwhelm me. It has nothing to do with tribalism. I will admit that the promise of Wonder Woman's origins intrigued me, and overall I enjoyed the movie.

(Especially this part Grin)

And there have been other DC films that I loved but didn't know they were DC comics, like RED. And not all the MCU movies were my cup-o-tea. Still haven't seen the remade F4, but that's mostly because the group never really interested me. And I only got interested in seeing Dr. Strange when I heard Cumberbatch was playing lead. In fact.....now that I think about it, Deadpool was the only single character franchise that I got stoked about the mention of a movie, before actually seeing any previews. All others I had to be visually persuaded to see.

A CGI villain with a play-doh like appearance and by extension his CGI army. I'm sure everything will be tightened up in the next couple months though or maybe it won't be. All I know from this first trailer is that this will be the third time they've used the same formula in the Avengers, and of course the team will win, but hopefully it's not a clean win.

Doesn't look like things work out to well for Vision.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 09:28:07 PM »

Subjectivity vs Objectivity.

Of course, and that is I believe that is the cause of much of the animosity out there instead of discussion.  Personal example:  Objectively I can say the Lord of the Rings films are excellent.  Subjectively I despise them.  

I'm sure the Cg will be much improved by the time of release.  As far as formula...its not like comics themselves have really differed in formula in the last decades.   Bad guy shows up, good guys band together to stop him, they win.  Simple and timeless.

Still haven't seen the remade F4, but that's mostly because the group never really interested me.

Not part of the MCU...doesn't count...in fact the less spoken of it the better.  Speaks volumes that both Human Torches have jumped to the MCU.   Really the FF's villains are the only reason I want them in the MCu.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 10:13:26 PM »

Of course, and that is I believe that is the cause of much of the animosity out there instead of discussion.  Personal example:  Objectively I can say the Lord of the Rings films are excellent.  Subjectively I despise them.  

I'm sure the Cg will be much improved by the time of release.  As far as formula...its not like comics themselves have really differed in formula in the last decades.   Bad guy shows up, good guys band together to stop him, they win.  Simple and timeless.

Not part of the MCU...doesn't count...in fact the less spoken of it the better.  Speaks volumes that both Human Torches have jumped to the MCU.   Really the FF's villains are the only reason I want them in the MCu.
I merely meant that F4 is a Marvel franchise. Just like how X-Men is Marvel by origin, but now owned by Fox and not part of the Marvel franchise owned by the Mouse.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: