Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Questions for saber number 6  (Read 661 times)
pfarland
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« on: November 30, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »

Repost from another area, didn't get all my questions answered and I'm close to needing them right away.

You might think with that title that I'd be old hat at this, but my first order was only a week ago. Five Grab Bag sabers for myself, my fiance, my youngest son, and my two daughters.
The 'arrangement' is this:
Dark Mantis (Red) - Mine (The EXACT hilt I wanted, SCORE!)
Apprentice LE v4 (With Emitter Window) (Guardian Blue) - My fiance's
The Kids:
Dark Apprentice v4 (No Emitter Windows) (Red)
Dark Sentinel v4 (No Emitter Windows) (Red)
Initiate LE v4  (With Emitter Windows) (Red)

So, we decided to get my son's best friend one for Christmas as well. Because I'm the biggest geek of the bunch, I'm going to get a Cyber Monday deal w/ Diamond Sound and swap out the electronics between the new hilt (a cheap one) and my Dark Mantis. I also want to get my fiance a violet amethyst or dark violet amethyst LED for her Apprentice LE v4.

The technical questions are:
  • Will there be any difficulties swapping out the electronics between the new hilt (whatever it might be) and my Dark Mantis?
  • Which of the LED module types do I need to get her for the Apprentice LE v4?
  • No issues swapping out the Guardian Blue in the Apprentice LE v4 for one of the other kid's ones?

The Diamond questions are:
  • I thought that the Diamond board allowed you to change the color at will. So why does it ask me to choose the color in the purchase options?
  • If I can't choose, I'm probably going to go with Sunrider's Destiny or Bane's Heart. What's the advantages/disadvantages between RGBA & RGBW?
  • What would the best looking FoC be for either of those two?
  • What does the 'Pulse' color do?
  • What would the best looking Pulse be for either of those two?
  • Which is the best of the Heavy Duty blade types for Sunrider's Destiny or Bane's Heart?

I wanted to thank y'all ahead of time for your patience and time.

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 68

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »

The Diamond questions are:
I thought that the Diamond board allowed you to change the color at will. So why does it ask me to choose the color in the purchase options?

Do you want it to ship with no colors? It's the programed color you want it to be when you pull it out of the box. It's all changeable via the launcher.

If I can't choose, I'm probably going to go with Sunrider's Destiny or Bane's Heart. What's the advantages/disadvantages between RGBA & RGBW?

Red,green,blue,Amber or red green blue white. Depends if you want to run deep oranges.

What would the best looking FoC be for either of those two?
Anything you want silver or orange look good. It's customizable via launcher.

What does the 'Pulse' color do?
Pulses the led colors

What would the best looking Pulse be for either of those two?
Anything you want again, your gonna play with it to figure out what you love.

Which is the best of the Heavy Duty blade types for Sunrider's Destiny or Bane's Heart?
Ultraedge I feel like gives a fuller look.

I have studied you, and found nothing but weakness.

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 68

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »

The technical questions are:
Will there be any difficulties swapping out the electronics between the new hilt (whatever it might be) and my Dark Mantis?

Depends on your electrical ability... you will however lose all warranty. You could send your hilt back to have it installed.

Which of the LED module types do I need to get her for the Apprentice LE v4?
Whichever non qdyou want, US could answer this in chat.

No issues swapping out the Guardian Blue in the Apprentice LE v4 for one of the other kid's ones?

As long as you can solder, no.

I have studied you, and found nothing but weakness.

pfarland
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »

Thank you sir, appreciate it.

My only skill level worry in the whole thing is getting the hot glue off and on. My concerns are any unexpected part changes like switch types or LED module sizes.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 08:06:23 PM »

You need the normal (non-MLS) module for the Apprentice/Initiate/Sentinel series. Anything else has been answered correctly by T1GJ.

For the hot glue: use a heat gun (moderate setting, you don't want to fry your parts Cheesy) to liquefy the glue, remove the nut in case of an AV switch and then remove the switch (with bezel, if it's an AV). The glue may harden again during that process.
When you re-install the switches, do the same - liquefy the glue, insert the switch (in case of an AV: re-apply the nut after inserting), and then try to put the glue back in place and let it harden again.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

pfarland
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:47:55 PM »

Thanks a bunch Racona Nova, appreciate the info!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: