Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Stop LED lens from coming loose?  (Read 589 times)
frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« on: November 30, 2017, 03:56:31 PM »

The LED lens on my Guardian keeps coming loose because the module comes unscrewed, and I have to pull the entire thing out and screw it back in.  It's not a quick release.  Any tips on keeping it screwed in? I have no idea why it started coming undone, but it's annoying to hear that sound and have to stop to fix it. Thanks!

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

pfarland
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 05:42:51 PM »

You can buy some Loctite thread lock in pretty much any hardware store. There's a few different versions, for this I would stick with Purple (preferably) or the wicking version of Blue. This will allow you to keep the piece in place and screwed down, but still give you the ability to take it back apart. DO NOT USE THE RED TYPE. You need a heat gun or a LOT of oomph to get it apart.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:21:14 PM »

How old is that saber? If it's under a year, you can have that fixed by US because you're still in warranty. Normally, the module shouldn't unscrew on its own...

In the other case, Loctite seems to be the best solution.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 04:34:53 PM »

It's under a year, but I've already sent it in for the broken speaker/holder (which just happened again, mysteriously, so I think it's a flaw with the holders), so I really hate to do it again. I may try the tape instead. Since the holder broke again, I'm waiting to see if my other saber will break like that again, and then if it does I'll just send them both in. It's happened 3 times the exact same way, and I'm taking good care of them both  Tongue

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:04:36 PM »

Yeah, the holders seem to break too often ATM. Could really be a flaw in the current series Undecided

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: