Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ordering first saber have some questions  (Read 1177 times)
paine1031
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« on: December 03, 2017, 05:36:49 AM »

Hi all,
I will be ordering my first saber in the next couple of weeks. I'm very excited for it and need some help on a couple of things. For the hilt I may go with either the Sentinel, Initiate or the apprentice all in the V4. I'm not sure what blade length to go with, as two of them come standard with the 24 inch and the other with 36 inch. I know i can choose any blade size as an option. I want to try to learn to spin and at this time I will not be duel but this maybe something I do in the future. I'm a woman who is 5'7 and I'm thinking that 36 inch is the way to go but I don't know if that maybe to long for me.

My other question is about the sound board. There isn't a ton of difference between the price about $40 and it seem you can do so much more with the premium sound board. I do like the idea of having rechargeable batteries too. However I don't know if i would use the soundboard to its fullest as I don't think I will change my sounds. If that they only difference between the two sound boards? or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 08:03:43 PM »

All right, first thing first.
You need to go and acknowledge the rules before doing much more posting.

Now, to your questions.
36" is likely too long to start out with. I'd recommend going with 32"
That 4" may not sound like much, but only one of my sabers has a 36" blade for a reason.

The biggest thing I like about the Obsidian V4 soundboard is being able to choose from multiple sound sets, or even make my own.
But, if the only concern is rechargeable batteries, you can always use rechargeable AAA batteries with the Obsidian Lite board

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 11:38:35 PM »

I only have stunt sabers and Diamond sabers, so I can't speak to Obsidian Lite vs. Obsidian v3/4, but I will tell you that out of all the sounds on the Diamond, Obsidian is the only one I like.  I can definitely see the Lite as being a decent option in that case.

As Therion said, you can get rechargeable AAAs.  I'm actually suprised that Li-Ion is not available for basic sound, considering it's available on Stunt sabers, but whether you want rechargable batteries or not should not be a consideration.  That said, the Li-Ion batteries are generally considered to be better, so if that is a selling point, go for a more premium sound.

As to blade length, I'm with Therion.  Actually regardless of if you go with an Initiate size or a Sentinel size, I would go 32" blades, unless you're getting a saber for kids or for using in a smaller space.

paine1031
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 11:52:51 PM »

thank you very much for the help. I will go with the 32 inch blade, and look at option for rechargeable batteries.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 11:15:06 PM »

I will agree with the others on the 32 inch blade.  I prefer the V3 sound board tho, as I do not change sound fonts.
 One other thing you may want to consider on the battery set up is your blade color choice. If you get one of the 4 standard colors Green, blue ,red, or orange it is not a factor. But if you get a mixed color it is.
 Because if you get a mixed color like Artic blue or VA, SY, SRD or DVA if you have regular batteries and the Lite sound opt. the color of your saber will change as the batteries die out. For example ; you Ab blade color will change to green b4 the batteries die. But if you get the Li-ion batteries and the V3 or V4 sound board your saber will stay the correct color until the batteries die and the saber shuts off.
 Just something not everyone knows at first. Hope this helps. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

paine1031
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 02:42:48 AM »

thanks for the help! Ive decided to go with the chosen one instead of the others. So I will be ordering the premium sound board, as I figured why not go with the one that will give me some more options. I just trying to decide on FOC color now.

Ive read some mixed reviews on the blade type. I"m going to go red but still stuck on ultraedge or midgrade.

paine1031
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 01:41:50 AM »

Hey
I'm sorry that is happening to you....I ordered my saber shortly after posting all of this and it will arrive tomorrow. Is it possible that you ordered a saber that is on backorder? There is a phone number on their site which I called before i ordered.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: