Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade Strength Review  (Read 1094 times)
DarthMalki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« on: December 04, 2017, 06:52:06 AM »

I'm an independent filmmaker and I chose to purchase the UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade for stunt practice for the blade strength. I use them with a tri-adegan silver light and light discs. Because the blade is extra thick and I use the color discs the blade color isn't as vibrant as it could be.

Keep in mind the primary purpose of these blades are for dueling. While working on the top of a 6 story parking garage one of the blades came lose while dueling. The blade launched out of the handle and off the roof plummeting down to the concrete below. We recovered the blade and it had no breaks or fractures. The blade had a few scrapes that were easy to buff out. The UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade is no joke it is strong and durable. If you want a strong blade and are willing to compromise on the color brightness the UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade is for you.

TLDR:
Blade Strength 10/10
Blade Brightness 7/10

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:54:37 AM »

I'm an independent filmmaker and I chose to purchase the UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade for stunt practice for the blade strength. I use them with a tri-adegan silver light and light discs. Because the blade is extra thick and I use the color discs the blade color isn't as vibrant as it could be.

Keep in mind the primary purpose of these blades are for dueling. While working on the top of a 6 story parking garage one of the blades came lose while dueling. The blade launched out of the handle and off the roof plummeting down to the concrete below. We recovered the blade and it had no breaks or fractures. The blade had a few scrapes that were easy to buff out. The UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade is no joke it is strong and durable. If you want a strong blade and are willing to compromise on the color brightness the UltraEdge Heavy Dueling Blade is for you.

TLDR:
Blade Strength 10/10
Blade Brightness 7/10

The HG blades are definitely capable of some serious damage.  If you had the MG blade it would have cracked if not shattered falling from that height.  All I duel with now is the HG blades.  Point for the entertaining story. 

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:58:20 AM »

Nice. If you still have unedited video of that you should show it just for funsies Tongue I always get Heavy Grade blades for all my sabers when I can get them. I need some Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blades though again for sure, they always looked good in all the colors I have but Sun Rider's Destiny, never looked too great in that blade color for some reason, Emerald Green is another story though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Tyman17
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 14

Dark Side Points Please!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »

That's pretty crazy. I have used just a mid grade for dueling and haven't had any issues, but I am looking to go with heavy grade  just to make sure. I like hearing how tough they are! Other than the color disks somewhat reducing the overall brightness, does the heavy grade ultra edge still look pretty good when lit up?

"It is your destiny"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 03:45:27 PM »

For those that don't know, US has said that the HG blades are capable of clashing with a bokken.

This is a bokken.

It is a solid oak katana. It is definitely capable of dealing out some punishment. Keep this in mind when opting to use HG blades.  Grin Grin Grin

Yes the thickness of the plastic prevents the blade from shining as brightly as with a MG blade, but you get to deal out and defend against a greater amount of abuse.

Great story.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »

That's pretty crazy. I have used just a mid grade for dueling and haven't had any issues, but I am looking to go with heavy grade  just to make sure. I like hearing how tough they are! Other than the color disks somewhat reducing the overall brightness, does the heavy grade ultra edge still look pretty good when lit up?
I have both mid and heavy blades in the UE. I don't think there is much of a difference to pick a blade between the two just because of brightness. The disk you can buy from US to me really take away from the brightness.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 10:17:47 PM »

Which is why I usually just go with Lee filters if I do get a silver blade if I want to change colors anyway

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 10:47:06 PM »

Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: