Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Graphics driver issue?  (Read 2422 times)
Carvhar Thel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: December 06, 2017, 05:11:30 AM »

I just got my first Obsidian saber with Emerald driver and wanted to try adjusting my blade color, so I came here and installed the Windows program and everything was working fine.  Then, when I tried to click on the Emerald tab in the Launcher, it gave me an error message below.  Can someone please translate this for me and provide guidance on a solution?  I am nowhere near tech savvy enough for this kind of thing...

Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0).

This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed.

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher, or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll) are available in the application executable's directory or in a location listed in PATH.

EvilOttoJr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »

I'm not sure what that error means, but maybe I can still be of some use. What kind of graphics card do you have? If it's an ATI, there could be an issue with that; I have an ATI and I couldn't even get the program to load until I put atioglxx.dll in the Application directory. If you do have an ATI (or even if you don't), try that. If you can't find the proper .dll, PM me and I can send it to you.

Current collection:
Emperor's Hand (Diamond, White AV Switch)
Dark Initiate V4 (Arctic Blue) (Mystery Box @RTX)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Silver) (Mystery Box Online)
And some OLD Ultrasabers!
Elder (Orange) (Copper Tube)
Tempest (Red) (PVC curved double-blade, complete hilt rebuild)
Archon V1 (Green) (PVC, hilt needs rebuilt)
Nemesis (Blue) (hilt rebuilt as sink tube)

Wishlist: Prophecy (Diamond), Quick Detach Coupler

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:52:43 PM »

I have the same issue, but my emerald drive is broken, so one problem fixes another there lol

Carvhar Thel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »

FYI for anyone that finds this thread in the future in hopes of solving the same problem... I wasn't able to get this resolved on my laptop. After getting really frustrated, I just loaded everything on my wife's Mac and it worked so I stopped trying on my own machine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: