Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon V2 LE Leather wrap on hilt...  (Read 5634 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 12:11:41 AM »

Very nice

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 12:59:28 AM »

Very nice

Thanks to you Wink

Sentinel V4 Arctic Blue TRI Cree with Obsidian Lite, Aeon V2 LE Blazing Red TRI Cree

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 01:17:12 AM »

Thanks to you Wink
You're welcome

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 03:01:11 AM »

Agreed. Very nicely done.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 03:33:33 AM »

Very nice! Gotta give a point for that!

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »

That's a great idea for the wheel! I'll have to remember that. I've only done initiates so far, but I'm hoping to do some larger ones Smiley How did you glue it down? Just curious

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 04:36:10 AM »

Spray adhesive I bought at Michael's retail store...   once I had the major wrapping mocked up, the very very ends of wrap kinda came loose since the adhesive had time to dry while I was still wrapping... So, just had to peel the wrap back 2 or 3 inches and spray again, then wrap it back into place....

Sentinel V4 Arctic Blue TRI Cree with Obsidian Lite, Aeon V2 LE Blazing Red TRI Cree

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 04:41:06 AM »

I realized that in order for this saber to know the true power of the dark side, a black leather wrap was still necessary. All kidding aside, this feels absolutely WONDERFUL now, compared to the rough and sharpish edges of the brown faux leather. Went for a trip to Tandy's and found a hide I liked... I still want to treat it somehow to make it maybe a little blacker/shinier, like on my Sentinel. I'll do some research.

Here's the almost final pics of my sabers. Last pic's will come once my thumb screws arrive...

Thanks again for all the input, advice and encouragement...

Dave

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »

Looks good.

If you want the leather a richer black, I'd dye it. Go back to Tandy and pick up some De-glazer, black dye, daubers and some leather sealer.

Darkside Points Please

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 07:29:46 AM »

Looks good.

If you want the leather a richer black, I'd dye it. Go back to Tandy and pick up some De-glazer, black dye, daubers and some leather sealer.

What I ended up buying at Michael's was Fiebing's Leather Sheen (not the aerosol). It worked exactly as I'd hoped... I feel like the leather finish on the Aeon V2 LE is pretty much the same as the Sentinel V4 now... My friend came over with his Aeon V4, so I did his too... He loves the feel of the grip and just below the emitter now...

Check 'em out...

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »

I like the black leather

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 09:27:32 PM »

Very nice  Grin

Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: