Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New with questions about my$75 mystery ultra saber  (Read 554 times)
Catfanscott
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: December 06, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »

Completely new here, only made one other post before this.  I purchased the$75 mystery saber and was quite pleased,  overall.  I got a black mantis hilt with red blade (no sound). My questions are....
1. Is my saber upgradeable?
2.  If yes to first question, then Is it pretty easy to add a soundboard and Battery pack with speaker?
Sorry if these questions sound stupid, but I am really new to all this custom saber stuff, I have the store bought black series kylo ren and Luke ROTJ.
3. For those wondering why I didn't just get the$200 Mystery saber with guaranteed sound,  I am on disability and cannot afford to go off the deepend with my spending..... unfortunately. Always loved STAR WARS, but have  always had to by second hand used merchandise for my collection. I don't mind it, I don't collect for resale with mint boxes.  I enjoy displaying my stuff, plus I can hand it all down to my nephew one day.  Sorry, over sharing, lol.
Would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me,  thanks.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »

Yes, you can upgrade your Mantis. You can contact US to get pricing for the upgrades. Also if you are good with electronics, you can add them yourself but that requires soldering. Also be aware that doing it yourself will void your warrantee

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »

I can't say for how easy it is, because I'm terrible at DIY stuff, but Ultrasabers has the DIY parts to do these, so you can order the soundcard and speaker directly from them.  TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) has a more detailed DIY store with lots of the pieces that may help as well.

You can also ask Ultrasabers to upgrade your saber and send it in for servicing at their shop.  They can add the Obsidian and/or Emerald, or they could add the Diamond Controller.  (It sounds like the Obsidian would fit your budget needs, but I'm listing the options for the sake of posterity).

People shouldn't give you a hard time about going for the $75 box.  It's even possible you get sound out of it, so with a bit of luck it can be equal to the $200 mystery box.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:01:57 PM »

A $75 box isn't skimping, its a good deal that has the possibility of getting you a saber worth a great deal more. Just recently a $400+ saber came from a $75 box. No one will give you flak because we all have either played the boxes or want to lol

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: