Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How far should the blade be able to set in an Aeon lE v2?  (Read 529 times)
Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:33 PM »

I recently received a Aeon LE v2 in a mystery box.  When attempting to seat the blade, I noticed that the blade could only go about 1/2 inch and didn’t make it to the first of the two screws in the top area of the saber, which I assume are blade retention screws.  It looks to me like the led is being held by the top of the screws.

This is my first US or any non master replica saber, so I am a bit gun shy to mess with it too much.  Assuming those are blade retention screws, can I unscrew them and push the LED lower without causing damage? 

Thank you for helping out a noob saber wrangler.

- Goldldr

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:00 PM »

Hello Goldldr!

Yes, you should be able to back those retention screws off and seat the blade.  Generally the LED is held in place by the blade itself.  The Aeon V2 has two retention screws, both of which should engage the blade.

The blade should seat into the hilt about 2" deep.  If the LED module is that far advanced, I would recommend backing those screws out so that they're not engaging anything and then using the blade to gently seat the LED down into the blade socket, then tighten the retention screws.

If the LED will not seat deeper, there may be a burr or other machining defect in the socket.  At that point I would contact US customer service and find out how they want to proceed, they may need to do something to it or may elect to have you ship it back for a replacement.

But odds are you just need to gently seat it down in there and then re-engage the retention screws.  :-)

Good luck!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:52:18 PM »

Thank you very much Karmack!

I assumed that was the way to approach it, but as this is my first hilt, I wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to cause myself any grief.

I used the blade to push down the LED as recommended and all is well.  When no blade is in the bottom blade screw keeps the led down, so only need to push a little with the blade when seating it to be able to engage both blade retention screws.

I appreciate the response and information!

-Goldldr

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: