Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Illuminated AV switch Question.  (Read 1752 times)
Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

One Jedi One Destiny (Ultra Wing Warlord)

« on: November 03, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »

Can you have an AV switch without a soundboard? If so what would I need? Thanks in advance Kalibos.

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red
Dark Standard Issue x2 Red, Standard Issue x2 White blades with filters.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 01:25:53 AM »

im pretty sure this can be done. ive seen it many times before, but im not sure what is needed. probably a resistor.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 02:53:52 AM »

Email Emory at [email protected] . He will know for sure.

dark side points please

Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

I am a force user, but I fight for no one cause...

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:29:16 AM »

...and if you do email Emory, please, let us know what he says!  I wouldn't want to bother him further with more of the same questions!  Thx!

"Sith Apprentice, 'Darth Eyece' sir." 
"Never 'eard of 'im."
"...this'll be the last time... I assure you..."
Due to the nature of my character, I would appreciate Dark Side points please...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:51:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure they stated before that they can't do the illuminated AV switches without a soundboard.  Not saying it's impossible, as I don't really know for sure, but it's probably way more work than it's worth for them.  Still, let us know what he says.  I have seen light up switches on stunt sabers before, so the idea itself is possible.

Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

I am a force user, but I fight for no one cause...

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 10:59:19 PM »

I know an SPST latching switch with and LED in them will work with stunt sabers, because you just have to run a positive lead and negative lead to the switch, then run the positive from the LED to the switch, and another ground.  It has worked on my stunt saberstaff, but I have DVA for my staff, and finding purple LED switches just isn't that easy...  I was thinking of finding one that I could take apart and just replace the LED with a purple, or Blacklight LED, but I still need to find the actual switch that I wont have to modify my saber for...

Dont forget the resistor to the LED switch either...

My curiosity was peaked with the DPDT AV Switches, because they are Momentary switches, not latching.  Momentary (MOM) switches will only activate the saber if ran through an electronics board, typically the soundboard.  But if you can do that with just say an LED driver, that would be awesome!!

"Sith Apprentice, 'Darth Eyece' sir." 
"Never 'eard of 'im."
"...this'll be the last time... I assure you..."
Due to the nature of my character, I would appreciate Dark Side points please...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: