Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can one bring their UltrsSaber into Disney World Parks Special Events  (Read 1509 times)
MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« on: December 12, 2017, 01:45:32 AM »

I'm sure their are many people going to be attending Galactic Nights at Hollywood Studios this Saturday. I would like to bring my dark liberator or for that matter any of my UltraSabers. Has anyone been able to find out if they are allowed in the parks or that have been to prior Star Wars events? I dont want to make it all the way to the entrance only to find out that I cant bring it in. Any and all info would be appreciated.

7/28/17 Electrum Wind Diamond
7/29/17 The Guardian Emerald
8/24/17 Dark Liberator V3 Diamond
8/24/17 Manticore Diamond
8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

Tyman17
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 14

Dark Side Points Please!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:12:30 AM »

There may be an exception for special events, but on Disney's website they specifically state that you can not bring weapons of any kind--even toys or squirt guns--into their parks. So as far as I can tell, it may not be worth the risk. But who knows, maybe special events warrant an exception to that rule.

"It is your destiny"

Mournblade
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:37 AM »

I'm sure their are many people going to be attending Galactic Nights at Hollywood Studios this Saturday. I would like to bring my dark liberator or for that matter any of my UltraSabers. Has anyone been able to find out if they are allowed in the parks or that have been to prior Star Wars events? I dont want to make it all the way to the entrance only to find out that I cant bring it in. Any and all info would be appreciated.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Dressing for Special Events

Please note these specific costume guidelines for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Star Wars: Galactic Nights.

While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. If you’re planning to attend these special events, take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:

General

Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:

Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:

Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g.,full-length Princess dresses)
Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
Masks of any kind may not be worn.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »

Doesn't surprise me at so that you cat take them into a Star Wars event. I guess we can thank society for all the lame rules.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »

I really appreciate the input so far.  Thank so much everyone Smiley

8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 05:07:50 PM »

I know when I went to a Star Wars event here in Austin, they confiscated people's sabers who left the blades on. I had mine off, with a blade plug, and clipped to my belt in plain sight, and it was not confiscated. I would think some of them that are more recognizable (like the Graflex) should be okay.  Would I try to bring something like the Malice? Unfortunately not  Undecided

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »

I know when I went to a Star Wars event here in Austin, they confiscated people's sabers who left the blades on. I had mine off, with a blade plug, and clipped to my belt in plain sight, and it was not confiscated. I would think some of them that are more recognizable (like the Graflex) should be okay.  Would I try to bring something like the Malice? Unfortunately not  Undecided

I have a friend who went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween wearing The Fulcrum and Lost Grey with the blades and were allowed in.

8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »

Hmmm... That's interesting.  Maybe it depends on the venue. I'll probably just bring the hilt to the movies, since it specifically said no blades or blasters Sad

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 08:23:50 PM »

Hmmm... That's interesting.  Maybe it depends on the venue. I'll probably just bring the hilt to the movies, since it specifically said no blades or blasters Sad

actually just noticed my type - o. they went in without the blades attached but had the plugs in

8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: