Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Apprentice LE V4 Review after a week of tweaking, modding, and fighting  (Read 912 times)
exodus26
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« on: December 12, 2017, 04:48:05 AM »

Hey everyone,
     My first post was the mystery box unboxing, where I had two mystery boxes and had to choose one for myself and one for my brother. I ended up choosing the Apprentice LE V4. The reason I chose this saber is because of its versatility. The Apprentice has a fairly short hilt, with a 36" blade it feels pretty top heavy. However, several people who used it said they really enjoyed that feeling. I personally like the idea of putting in a shorter blade (24") and using it in as my off-hand saber. The blade color is Adegan Silver, which I found perfect for a first saber. I tested several color disks, ones that I found/made from things around the house, and tested colors such as yellow, green, dark green, orange, and even pink! By testing these colors out, and giving each one a fair amount of time in the blade, I came to find that certain colors felt more right to me than others. Something I did not expect when getting a saber. I thought Bane's Heart and Artic Blue would be my favorites, but now i'm leaning towards Sunrider's Destiny and Violet Amethyst.

I also added a few things, such as O-rings, drilled/tapped a hole for the covertec installation, and also cut down a fastener screw for quick release of the blade. Here is my review on the Apprentice LE V4. I hope you enjoy it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23QM2_0joPg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23QM2_0joPg</a>

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:58:32 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Apprentice LE V4

Jaten
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 05:50:27 AM »

Nice review and I really like what you did with the o-rings.  Looks sharp!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »

Nice review, I like how you made it your own.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

exodus26
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 04:48:08 PM »

Thanks guys! I was definitely a tad nervous posting my first review video. It's nice getting the feedback! Any suggestions on things I could've done better or things I missed?

Also thanks for enjoying the mods. I feel it's the little details that go a long way for a more personalized saber. I have two friends interested. So expect videos or photos of a custom bellicose or sentinel v4 in the future!

Apprentice LE V4

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 09:15:41 PM »

good review and lovely saber!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: