Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can't find right pulse parameters  (Read 3781 times)
frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« on: December 13, 2017, 04:06:55 PM »

Okay, so I got super excited and played around with my first Emerald, and immediately screwed up the "pulsing" (idk what it's called, but the pulsing when idle).  The batteries were dying when I did it, so it messed itself up on top of my meddling (it started picking a green color instead of red. it was very strange.)  I didn't write down/save the default parameters my saber came with.  Can someone help an Emerald noob out??  All i can get it to do is slowly change from one color to another  Embarrassed

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 09:35:23 PM »

Hey frankmoses!

There should be an entry in the Emerald program below the color bar that states how long of a dwell time for each color, and how long for the fade from the first color to the second, and then back.
For a really fast "flicker" effect I like to set the colors fairly close together and then set the dwell times to 0.02ms for each.  That pulses very fast and gives a flicker effect very similar to what you see on-screen.

Now, for other effects (like the "Christmas" saber) you might change it.  I currently have my Emerald card set to go between Green and Red, with a 10 second hold on each color and a 4 second fade from one to the other.  Christmas!  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 02:17:28 AM »

Okay, so I got super excited and played around with my first Emerald, and immediately screwed up the "pulsing" (idk what it's called, but the pulsing when idle).  The batteries were dying when I did it, so it messed itself up on top of my meddling (it started picking a green color instead of red. it was very strange.)  I didn't write down/save the default parameters my saber came with.  Can someone help an Emerald noob out??  All i can get it to do is slowly change from one color to another  Embarrassed

You should be able to click on the default button to restore the default parameters it came with.

As for the pulse, are you going for a movie style effect? If so, there are a few values that are pretty common.

A lot of people set the color 1 and 2 timers to 0.1 seconds with no transition time. I prefer the colors to be 0.8 seconds with a 0.2 transition time. That should give you a nice movie style flicker speed.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 02:32:08 PM »

Thanks!!! I'll try these out and see which one looks best. The default parameters made it change slowly from blue to green, whereas my original was VA and flashed red. The Emerald is so cool, it makes me want to save up for Diamond  Grin

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 03:39:59 PM »

I'm sure you've seen THIS for finding your color ranges. Just in case you haven't, you'll need to convert them into a percentage, though. Just take the value listed, divide by 255, and then multiply that by 100. That gives you the slider number to use.

For the flicker where it is the same color, like in the movies, add some white (if you have it), or just make the other color about 15-20% lighter or darker. That should give you a good start for finding the color you want.

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »

Thank you guys!! The color chart is super helpful, and my saber is back to a normal pulse!

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 08:07:54 PM »

Thank you guys!! The color chart is super helpful, and my saber is back to a normal pulse!

Awesome! You can also save the values as files in the launcher. After you find the values you like, you can save it and simply change to the perfect color you want with a click of a button

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: