Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: what size o-ring for Sentinel V4?  (Read 2926 times)
RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« on: December 14, 2017, 01:05:40 AM »

I wouldn't mind seeing what O-rings would look like on the main grip of my sentinel, but have zero idea what to look for or buy.... I searched the forum but no luck finding any info...

Sentinel V4 Arctic Blue TRI Cree with Obsidian Lite, Aeon V2 LE Blazing Red TRI Cree

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 01:55:06 AM »

The umm number 7 faucet O rings, you can get a bag full for cheap at Lowes or Home Depot.

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:43:51 PM »

The umm number 7 faucet O rings, you can get a bag full for cheap at Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks... when I search online (I'm in Canada) for my local HomeDepot, Lowes, etc o-ring stock nothing comes up with that description...  they have actualy sizes for the most part such as "2 Pack 11/16" ID x 7/8" OD Faucet O-Rings" or whatever...   is "umm" an actual thing or you just typing "ummmmmm" lol? I do see O-rings described as for a faucet, but nothing that mentions umm number 7....  Maybe it's an American thing?

Dave

UPDATE: haha no sooner did I post this I tried googling "number 7 o-ring" and found a 10 pack on HomeDepot.com...  I'll poke around homedepot.ca again.. I do see the equivalent measurements now tho, from that item on the .com page, "3/8 in. I.D. x 1/2 in. O.D. x 1/16 in. wall thickness"

Sentinel V4 Arctic Blue TRI Cree with Obsidian Lite, Aeon V2 LE Blazing Red TRI Cree

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 12:47:11 AM »

After exhausting all the local retailers and no luck finding anything online, searched out a local company that manufactures all sorts of seals including O Rings...  They hooked me up...

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 06:26:16 AM »

After exhausting all the local retailers and no luck finding anything online, searched out a local company that manufactures all sorts of seals including O Rings...  They hooked me up...

Going to share so they are?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 12:16:48 AM »

Going to share so they are?

going to share whaty what what?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »

My post meant to say who not so. Who you bought the O-rings from.

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

Darkside

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 02:33:17 AM »

I really like the way this looks. Great job!

“I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you.” - Darth Zannah to her Master, Darth Bane

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 07:55:45 AM »

My post meant to say who not so. Who you bought the O-rings from.

Ohhhh....  After calling every retailer here in Calgary (Home Depot, Home Hardware, Lowe's, Rona, etc...), then looking on Amazon.ca with no luck, then searching out plumbing supply stores, I finally lucked out with a local company called KC Seals Inc. Big shout out to them for letting me come down to their production facility so that I could get the saber sized up for the exact O-rings I needed. Luckily for me, the fellow who answered the phone was a cosplayer and they all were very interested in the sabers when I brought them in (had the whole team surrounding me while I was there). I should bring both my sabers down with the blades to show them the results, and let them have some fun dueling in their big open space.

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »

I realize now that there's still two empty slots on the emitter of my Sentinel that could take either the same size O-rings (if I wanted them to remain flush with the aluminum) or maybe a slightly bigger one to fill the grooves completely. I'm going to take another drive over to their site to see if I can buy a few more...

Every time I think I'm finished, I'm not... lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: