Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Author Topic: !!! Warning Spoiler Alert !!! The Ep. 8 Topic !!! Warning Spoiler Alert !!!  (Read 32102 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2017, 04:06:46 PM »

Didn't mean to STARt and WARS today with my movie observations.

@skewness... not dissing anyone who play..aaaahhh... cosplays (I don't know what that means, but I'll assimilate). I was only meaning that our fan levels are vastly different, therefore, my view might be very different than yours in several areas.
Just ribbing you. Cosplay = costume + play acting. It's a little more in depth than simply putting on a costume, it's being the character. And for many it's a release from the mundane.

With respect to looks or women, please don't take offense so easily when we're discussing fictional things. So far, none of the Dark Side fanBOYS have complained that I compared the FO to Nazis.
That's because the FO is supposed to be comparable to the Nazis or Soviets. I used to think the title of Supreme Leader was a bit stupid............then I saw a documentary on North Korea. Holy F#$% that was some scary $#!%. And the Kims are referred to as "Supreme Leader".

@acting... I will correct myself and say that I enjoyed Daisy's acting in these two films more than I enjoyed Mark's acting in his five films. For the record, I've never seen Mark in any other movie than Star Wars. I couldn't name another movie he's been in. That's my fault, not his. But who doesn't like Luke?

@throw away actors... I'm not a fan of any of the big names that were in the prequel, although I will give props to Schindler's List and Moulin Rouge.

All personal opinion, of course.
Personally I believe the prequels made the careers of many (not all) of the main actors. At least as far as their notoriety in the States.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »

Points to the people that still are reasonable here (Darth Logos, you deserve your point).

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »

I spent almost a week away from the forum and it is sad to read some comments here  Roll Eyes

Leia can be a Princess AND a General .... Obi Wan was a Jedi AND a General ...

Well, i watched the movie a third time ... i definitively spent a good time Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2017, 10:14:48 PM »

@Logos... I get it now; makes sense. I would probably have to cross-cosplay though, like be King Arthur, Predator or Space Ace (Frehley). I can see that one would really look like a dork dominating with a light saber in street clothes. Ace Frehley as a SW character would rule!

My mind went straight to NoKo as the FiOr, but I was afraid of being culturally insensitive at the time since I was already bashing the women in GENERAL and Rose/sister in particular. That wasn't my intent at all.

You are right on many (not all) of the actors. The main three I was thinking of:

Liam - Excalibur (AWESOME!), Krull, Schindler's List, Nell, Rob Roy before prequels. He's okay, but I'm getting tired of his vigilante movies, although Nonstop was pretty good.
Ewan - you are right, not much before prequels. Moulin Rouge is the only movie of his I like.
Samuel - not even close; way before. I used to like him, but not anymore.

BTW AND IMO, almost every actor in the prequels has a better resume than Mark Hamill. I wasn't impressed and was a little embarrassed looking at his career. I had never heard of any of his shows/films/TV/cartoons/video games, much less seen/heard any of them. Poor guy got type cast in a bad way. Still love Luke. Just my opinion.

@Seb... there are some sad comments both ways. If you are referring to mine, I can see where one could take offense. I was thinking today if I had just said 'women' and left off the adjectives, would my view have been better received. I would have been equally disappointed had super models been the leaders and heroes.  It is a theatrical social commentary that was too heavy handed for my taste.

And I believe I've been speaking of the films exclusively and not taking shots at individuals. I've been harassed for my views and called a name for describing the outfits Carrie Fisher wore in the earlier films. No biggie. My daughter and I are about to watch the original trilogy; her first time. I'm watching the DVD trailer now. Luke (as storm trooper) walks into Leia's holding cell and she pops off to him, "You're too short to be a storm trooper." Offensive to short men (women couldn't be storm troopers in 1977)? Maybe. Being 6'3" myself, I'm not offended, especially since she looks hot striking a pose in her white flowing gown with no bra as she says it. That's just the way they rolled in 1977. You can't change history.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »

BTW AND IMO, almost every actor in the prequels has a better resume than Mark Hamill. I wasn't impressed and was a little embarrassed looking at his career. I had never heard of any of his shows/films/TV/cartoons/video games, much less seen/heard any of them. Poor guy got type cast in a bad way. Still love Luke. Just my opinion.

You've never seen or heard of Batman: The Animated series....considered one of the greatest animated shows of all time...where Hamill is regarded as the best incarnation of the Joker ever done.  Not to mention Avatar: The Last Airbender...another show lauded as one of the greats.  Besides, unlike all the other actors, Hamill has not gone one..single..year without work.  Yes it's voice work..but he has not had any downtime in decades...because he loves it.  Hamill is quite well known and loved even beyond Luke.  I am really at loss to understand how you could miss this over the last 40 decades.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2017, 01:06:02 AM »

You've never seen or heard of Batman: The Animated series....considered one of the greatest animated shows of all time...where Hamill is regarded as the best incarnation of the Joker ever done.  Not to mention Avatar: The Last Airbender...another show lauded as one of the greats.  Besides, unlike all the other actors, Hamill has not gone one..single..year without work.  Yes it's voice work..but he has not had any downtime in decades...because he loves it.  Hamill is quite well known and loved even beyond Luke.  I am really at loss to understand how you could miss this over the last 40 decades.

I know you meant years (or 4), but it made me really laugh! Cheesy I know it's got to be bonkers for someone participating in this forum to not know about any of that, but I'm not a Star Wars/animation/video game person. I joined the forum for the Winter Raffle and to help my research for a saber for my niece's birthday next month. I haven't seen the originals since they came out at the theater 400 years ago Wink and I never saw the prequels (yes, except part of E1). I just saw TFA and TLJ both on Tuesday to help with saber research, but I enjoyed the movies very much. And then I saw this thread to comment on the latest movie. Pretty cool place to hang out. Also, I go to the movies about once a year, though this year was twice; I also saw Wonder Woman.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2017, 03:03:04 AM »

This thread has been locked pending further review.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: