Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chameleon LED... what ?!  (Read 7749 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »

Oh, Diamond works with Win 7 and 8, too Wink And if you need help with your computer - you know where you find me Kiss Always at your service!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »

Oh shucks Rac thanks  Kiss Kiss ... and what do you think of this green diode mystery ?  I am so close out of curiosity to removing the tape from the OBLite board to check out the wiring connections.  However I don't want to lose the flash.  It can become any color the saber wants but the flash is a non-negotiable lol.  Cheesy

I'm almost convinced that the red color was the error but why would it within one press of the button change so dramatically... well the FoC did present itself permanently first but not long afterwards with minimal use the Chameleon switch occurred.  I wish that some of the old gang was still visiting the Forum more regularly as they likely in a group conversation would have figured it all out... with your lead input of course.  Grin

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »

Well, since it's a severe transition from one colour to another and not just because of dying batteries (like it is for the mixed colours), I really can't say for sure what the cause could be Cheesy But that's normal for mysteries, isn't it? Wink

However, I'm quite sure that removing the tape wouldn't affect the flash and the colours. I think that the issue is more on the LED side than on the board side Smiley Colour changes don't normally occur on the board unless it's Diamond or Emerald Tongue

Yeah, that was a great time when they were around...so much knowledge, still more than I have now. And I'd say I've learned quite much in 4 years Grin

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 03:23:43 AM »

I've had solder connections come loose off of the pad on the LED star, removing the housing and having a look will give us a good clue and starting point.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 06:26:44 AM »

OK, that is to weird...

D7, at this point I would just go ahead and do what you're going to do.  Its either going to work or not, but it sounds like its solid.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »

OK, that is too weird...

D7, at this point I would just go ahead and do what you're going to do.  Its either going to work or not, but it sounds like its solid.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  :-)

I couldn't have said it better lol.  I'm just going to leave it alone and see what happens over time.  Smiley

I've had solder connections come loose off of the pad on the LED star, removing the housing and having a look will give us a good clue and starting point.

I can't comfortably extend the LED wiring beyond the lip of the emitter without potentially pulling it off or disconnecting a wire.  So can't take the housing apart to show a better internal view.  Still a solid green and white flash.  Smiley

thanks fellas  Cheesy

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 07:36:32 PM »

Leave it. If it's still rock solid Green with White FoC, and you can't pull the LED out without potential damage, don't do anything you'd regret afterwards Wink

If it should change again, let us know Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: