Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sword or form styles used?  (Read 2385 times)
SpikeRotty
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« on: December 19, 2017, 12:19:20 AM »

I am curious what forms you all use in your saber work.  I know I see a lot on the spins and the like but am curious if there is much in way of special train for jedi specificly or how many of you use martial arts forms.

I do not have a lot of experience but I am a Shodon in Seidokan Aikido and we do work with Boken "Woden Sword"  so let me know what forms you use of to you freeform things.

thanks all

mystic_gc525
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 12:44:22 PM »

Cool topic!

I study the Wudang Mountain Sanfeng Lineage style of Tai Chi and Kung Fu with traditional weapon training including the Chinese straight sword (jian) which seems to me to be the closest traditional weapons to a lightsaber (at least in my kung fu arsenal). I just ordered my first ultrasaber and I'm still waiting for it to come in (an Aeon LE v3). I plan to make some review and demo videos trying out some forms and drills with it when it arrives! I also study Ku fu staff, saber, spear and others.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 12:49:40 AM »

Well, I spent some time learning from TPLA, but I've supplemented that with learning from videos on Bolognese side sword and iaido. I have no formal, real world experience in swords arts, but have always had an interest.

I just do what I can with what I can find online.

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

JimmyJam
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 01:25:31 AM »

Well I use the forms from kenjutsu I was taught in my Iaido class and now studying Kali I use that too.
   It works out great so far.

Points Please.

I fear no man, no beast, I serve no master... for I am the shadows, the darkness, I am the SITH.
   ~Lord Maelstrom~

Sabers: Raven Super Sith

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 03:25:44 AM »

While I started out as fencer, my saber work has become heavily influenced by Wushu broadsword and Russian Cossack sword arts over the years. 

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 03:04:48 AM »

I come at lightsabers from a totally different angle than most of the duelists here.  I am a Fight Choreographer and Theatre Teacher.  Most of my formal combat training is HEMA and epee fencing for practical arts and I have done a lot of training in the systems created and used by SAFD for choreography and drills.

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

Electrum Wind [FO] Premium Sound, Dark Sentinel V4 LE
 lite sound, Sentinel V4 [GB] lite sound, Scorpion [GB] lite sound, Initiate V2 [CG], Aeon V3
, Aeon V3 [CG], Aeon LE V3 [FO], Dominix V4 [AS], Dominix LE V4 [AS], Sentinel LE V4 [AS], Aeon V3 [AS]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: