Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultraedge heavy blade  (Read 3389 times)
wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« on: January 19, 2011, 05:01:03 AM »

I meaning to ask this since I just bought an Aeon,
does the Ultraedge Heavy Blade have issues
regarding uneven lighting?

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:33:42 AM »

Its supposed to have a more filled to the edges look to it. I wanted the Ultraedge when i ordered my saber but they were out of stock Sad

wasd999
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

PJDC

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:40:36 AM »

Thank you, as I've been viewing reviews at youtube
and saw that many preferred the Ultraedge or the
normal blade.

I purchased the Ultraedge Heavy for dueling purpose.

Stockton
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 07:32:10 AM »

I'm going to do the same. So i can find out which one i want for future saber purchases.

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 04:58:59 AM »

I have both an UltraEdge and HeavyGrade blades, you won't be disappointed by either, but on camera the UltraEdge looks the best, but the HG presents a good 'sharp' looking blade, not sure how the UEHG looks on camera, they were out of stock when I got mine as well. I duel, If you duel go with the HG, why chance it for a slightly better looking blade (and really that's only on camera with a side by side comparison).

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

Stockton
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:54:39 PM »

They are in stock now and on sale!

Maleficusforte
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:14:18 AM »

The UltraEdge heavy is not as bright as the UltraEdge midgrade, correct? How much of a difference is there in brightness between the two? Is the difference really noticeable?

From what I fished out Midgrade = brighter, ultraedge = fuller
So from this, is it safe to conclude that Ultraedge Midgrade = brighter and fuller, and Ultraedge Heavygrade = simply fuller but less brighter?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:32:40 AM by Maleficusforte » Logged

vash1128
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:36:18 PM »

The mid-grade blades have the "light in tube" effect while the UE have the light go all the way to the edge.  To me, this is what a lightsaber should look like, so I purchase all ultra edge, but some people prefer the light in tube and go with the mid-grade.

The brightness difference between the UEHG and the UE is not a huge deal.  If you have them side by side, you can tell the difference, but just on its own, you will still be impressed with the UEHG, and it will still be brighter than your force-fx.  The big thing for me is that the UEHG is significantly heavier than the UE, so it changes the balance point of my saber.  On the other hand, it is firmer than the UE, so that it doesn't flex as much when you swing it.  In terms of even brightness, I think the UE and UEHG are pretty equal.  I haven't noticed any lighting issues.

Pros and Cons to each style.  Personally, I have mostly UE with a couple UEHG for dueling purposes.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:38:24 PM by vash1128 » Logged

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 07:24:08 PM »

Personally, I have a HG and UEHG. Got one of each when I ordered my sabers to see the diff. I prefer the HG over the UEHG for the slightly greater brightness, and the so called 'light in tube effect'. Mostly because to me, the light in tube looks like a thinner blade, and sharper. It gives me something of an Original Trilogy feel, whereas I find the fuller more even look of the UEHG to give me a Prequel feel. Both are awesome, I just switch them out depending on how I feel. lol Well, to be honest I don't use the UE much on my Orange. Something about it looks... strange, to me. I switch out regularly on my Guardian Blue though and both look great.  Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »

I've said this a couple of times, but here we go again:

UE vs standard depends on the color. Fire Orange, Consular Green and Adegan Silver look better in standard. The orange and white just look kinda off in UE. The green is kind of a minty pastel green.

As far as UE vs UEHG goes UE IS brighter, however UEHG is plenty bright. So if you get UEHG you'll be happy with it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 05:38:26 AM »

You're best off with the UEHG, it is all purpose and bright, tested it with an RGB (although not able to produce orange) it looks very similar between it and the regular UE blade, even harder to differentiate on camera.

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: