Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are Mystery Boxes worth it?  (Read 1642 times)
LightAndDark
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« on: December 19, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »

Hello all! I, thinking about getting a mystery box saber since Ive only ordered one saber so far. I need another for dueling!!! Are mystery boxes worth it???

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »

Yes and no, thats up to you. I will say that yes they are worth it because the saber you get will have a value of $75 or more (usually more) and it's the same thing with the $200. What some people get upset about is that it is a Mystery Box and that means it's a gamble. That is where the no comes in, for some the disappointment of not scoring a $400 saber out of a $75 box or not understanding all the upgrades they received to make the saber worth more than the box value ruins the experience for them. If you buy one you will get your monies worth and the enjoyment of the anticipation and surprise. If you are wanting something more specific, save your money and order what you want.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »

I got a hilt and color I probably wouldn't have ever purchased on my own.  That said, I really like what I got.  I used my reward points to get it for half the price basically.  I definitely like it better than a grab bag but you'll most likely get a nice switch on it.

Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

So I see your schwartz is as big as mine

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 05:35:24 PM »

The mystery boxes are awesome in aspect ,look at unboxing vid and other testimonis ,just recently a member bought a mystery box because they could not afford the one their son wanted and behold the power of the force brought her the exact saber her son wanted and an emerald driver ,,,whooohoooo,,,,I'm still waiting on mine to arrive ,just remember if you buy the 75$box option think of it this way you bought a stunt saber ,,,if you get anything more it's a total win if you get lucky and get a emerald or diamind saber the force is strong with you

Saber owned dark sentinal le v4 ,with windows in upside schwartz color,fire orange,and a sentinal v4,with windows  in arctic blue ,a coupler to staff em up,, straight fire and ice
!MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!
P.s -MSIBTY

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 11:17:14 PM »

If you like surprises, they're great!  I haven't purchased one myself because I prefer to set up my own specs, but many of my friends have gotten them and they've all been pretty pleased.  If you've got a little money to burn, I say go for it.

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 02:47:47 PM »

Yes, they are entirely worth it

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]