Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sanding your blade to a fuzzy haze ?????  (Read 1199 times)
Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

So I see your schwartz is as big as mine

« on: December 20, 2017, 02:24:13 AM »

Has anybody ever sanded there blade to make their blade more unique, or fuzzy looking

Saber owned dark sentinal le v4 ,with windows in upside schwartz color,fire orange,and a sentinal v4,with windows  in arctic blue ,a coupler to staff em up,, straight fire and ice
!MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!
P.s -MSIBTY

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »

There is a thread here somewhere that a member sanded his non ultra edge blade with steel wool I believe. He thought it worked great.

I'm about to try the same thing very soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »

Cool I think it might make a unique look ,goodluck on your experiment

Saber owned dark sentinal le v4 ,with windows in upside schwartz color,fire orange,and a sentinal v4,with windows  in arctic blue ,a coupler to staff em up,, straight fire and ice
P.s -MSIBTY

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:02:03 AM »

Word of advice... Set up a jig to run an orbital sander with the sanding pad facing up, and move the blade along the pad in nice even strokes so you get a uniform hazing effect. The effect you are going for is a frosted one, and a uniform sanding job will yield a uniform froated look.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts I like that idea ,the haze glow might be interesting gotta get a spare blade so I can experiment with, was also trying to figure out how to create a fogging look off the blade to look like radiation or unstable blade ,,,,,anyone ever drill holes in there blade and add dry ice and water to the hilt somehow?

P.s -MSIBTY

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts I like that idea ,the haze glow might be interesting gotta get a spare blade so I can experiment with, was also trying to figure out how to create a fogging look off the blade to look like radiation or unstable blade ,,,,,anyone ever drill holes in there blade and add dry ice and water to the hilt somehow?

That would work once before condensation fried the electronics. One-shot deal. Wouldn't recommend it.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »

Thanks jev ,,Everything is trial and error and I'm sure it would be very interesting and can be done somehow ,,,as I'm still just been here a week I'm asking questions that pop into my brain, ,I like asking questions it gets me answers ,,and there are a ton of enthusiasts here to learn from so I'm asking the community for there thoughts ,ideas ,feedback ,and well debates are welcome as well thank you for the replies

P.s -MSIBTY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: