Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Legacy of the Aether  (Read 70250 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2018, 04:56:53 AM »

And so the crux of Valens long chess match plays, at least where this bit of revenge is concerned.  With a brilliant series of moves, he toys with his opponent, given rise to hope, only to crush it, and watch all the despair fill and well over, as Kimar is not only cut to pieces, but forced to watch the future echos of his legacy, and his shame, grief are furthered.  What now, as one could easily surmise that the booming voice is that of Milaea, what will her choice now be?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »

Excellent offering!  I can't really add anything, but I will say this: It was everything I expected it to be, and more.  Massive pay-off, the perfect revenge.  The only thing I would change is the color of his saber.  I LIKE yellow!  Blast Kimar for sullying my saber color of choice!  ;-)

But in all seriousness, that was amazing, especially letting him see the future.  The perfect 'gift'...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2018, 11:59:55 PM »

Chapter 50
Milaea
Enough – she had had enough.  Enough thinking, enough worrying, enough deciding, enough caring…

The pressure that had been building in her exploded in the form of her amethyst blade smashing into his green sabre as she leapt down on him, the shockwave pushed out what few fragments of transparisteel remained in the windows and cracked the columns.  She landed into a slurry of Kimars blood and limbs, having to use the force to keep a grip on the slick floor. 

Their blades moved with inhuman speed and polish, combined with cyclopean releases of energy that left the room itself shaking in fear.  He threw everything at her, lighting, fire, illusions, gravity fluctuations, mental attacks, an incessant push and pull of the force…and she threw it all back at him. 

The Gods clashed upon the spire with blades of pure energy that moved faster than mortal eyes could trace, Amethyst and Emerald merging into pure white with heat and speed. 

With each blow, each crushing push and pull on the Force that underlay all reality the entire Temple buckled and shook, demi-gods of incalculable power unleashed their all against each other, bodies bathed in shields of fire and lighting that churned in conflict, the excess overflowing through the empty windows and eating away the stone.  The Pinnacle of the Temple was lit for millions to see in an eerie arcane purple, blue and white glow that rivalled the coming dawn in radiance.

He repressed his power to create a null field as her blade smashed into his downward guard, it was a strange sensation and gave him a moment of advantage to put her on the defensive…but the aether was ubiquitous…even in this anti she could feel the thinnest of tendrils to fight back, he staggered as he had to revert back taking a hard kick to the ribs. 

As she had with Jarys, she matched his every blow with equal strength, the ceiling ripping and tearing as three dimensional space itself was damaged by their aetheric blows, the floor collapsing under the weight of their blows forcing them to levitate to remain upright. . 

As she had with Odjina she reached for the power within herself rather than the force about her, her movement’s and powers melded as graceful reflections of the rhythm of her heart and minds.

As she had with Kiraea, she adapted…no not just adapted, pre-empted techniques, learning and mastering before they rose to Valens consciousness, abilities she had never imagined became as a familiar as walking, the encyclopaedic repertoire of her opponent countered and used in equal measure. 

Kimars sabre was teleported, switched on and off all over the room as they vied for its advantage until it finally disintegrated the molecular structure fractured from the strain.  Aetheric blasts to shatter points fragmented his armour, at any one time there were illusions of three then six of each of them spinning in the dance. 

The room itself started to fall apart, chairs dissolved into atoms, the floor eaten away by invisible energies, the lighting and fire coalescing into a plasma of dynamically opposing energies that would’ve vaporized lesser beings.

She pressed forward against him…like her he wasn’t as he had been…he was an amalgam of the reticent genius and solider Valance, the foil of her former self the lustful energetic Aethena, and the child Valens raised by the unyielding old Andis as she had been by the open caring Soryu. 

As the sabres twirled and energies flew his image became distorted, green sabre to red, to white…The White Jedi, ever more defensive pivoted away from the Red Goddess as they fought in an ever shifting scene, from the Temple, to the Valley on Aethas, the caves of Vyth, the tombs of Korriban, the bridge of an enormous space station….

She realised she wasn’t even fighting any more, she was watching this pair fight…each one an image of what she could become.

On the right the White Jedi, beautiful but aged, red hair sprinkled with grey tightly bound above the white and grey robes of a Grand Master.  She looked at her legacy…a thousand years of peace and prosperity for the Republic, trillions who cried out in terror rescued, the Hutts brought to heel, the green faced Insidious would-be Emperor and his Muun master destroyed by her hand before their schemes could draw breath.

The White Jedi parried and drove her silver blade in a deep cut through the Red Goddess breast plate.

But the price of peace was etched in the sad lines that creased her older face…the genocide of her own people…there could be no negotiation with them…she would try and fail to convince each one to surrender or leave...but in the end she would be forced to kill them all…the last of her people, the scion of a Republic that was everything Soryu had dreamed it should be and more, yet utterly alone, no one her equal none could be her lover…such sacrifice and still the Pax-Republica would collapse within a decade of her death…

The White Jedi Pressed the Red Goddess hard, but the fight evened out as her gaze turned from her.

She turned toward the Red Goddess, hair loose and flowing golden red, her face immaculate, young, feminine, beauty that time could never diminish…behind her another legacy…fleets of oblivion black war ships and soldiers in matching armour with death hungry void blades that sung of un-disrupted victory.  Valens her strategist directed Jarys her unstoppable fist with deathly precision as Kiraea and her spies stalked ahead burning civilizations from within before the main force arrived…

The Red Goddess unleashed blazing red-white fire cindering the edges of the White Jedi’s robes.

Her people reborn into the unstoppable Army of the Aether, the Jedi, the Gray, the Sith and a thousand other force cultures would resist…for a time…all inevitably crushed - Yoda, Soryu, High Sentinel Yshrrk and others…a Falleen, a plain looking business man, a woman with purple lips with dead fingers around a shattered Crystal, and an Anzat, his human brother in arms and blue Twi’lek lover all broken and bloodied beneath Midnight black boots - their techniques, knowledge and Wisdom absorbed and adapted one by one into a single all-encompassing Aetheric Art of War.

This was the choice, how would she use her power, what Legacy would she embrace…

Would she become the White Jedi Soryu, her father in all but blood had longed to see and restore the Republic…or the Red Goddess Valens, the new incarnation of her erstwhile brother and lover, longed to see reborn and raise the Aethans from the brink of extinction to all consuming power.

The battle was evenly matched, a thousand worlds, Korriban, Vyth, Coruscant, Cygrat, Dantoonie, Corellia, Chandrilla, Yavin, Galtea, M’Tzigon…all flashed in the distance as Red and White vied for conquest.

No.

They stopped dead…frozen in time but for slight flickers of temporal distortion.

She stepped between them.

She was not the White Jedi, who would slay her people, deny her heritage, and worst of all deny her own desires to create a perfect but fleeting galaxy wide peace for everyone else.  She would not sacrifice her own happiness for the many…she was too much an Aethan to do that.

She was not the Red Goddess, who would create Legions of soldiers and allow Valens, Jarys and Kiraea - the last and worst of the old Aethan society - free reign to satiate their thirst for vengeance upon countless trillions.  She would not have the Aethans reborn only to ravage the galaxy in an orgy of genocidal bloodlust…she was too much a Jedi for that.

Her sabre was in her hand, the amethyst glow coloured the White Jedi’s robes a regal purple, and cast ever darker deep shadows on the Red Goddess blood armour.  Their bodies static, their eyes moved to behold her between them, each pleading to be made Real.

She raised her sabre high and with one sweep decapitated them both.
The winds howled through the wreck of the council chamber as the first flickers of dawn began to emerge between the skyscrapers.  The Night of Madness as historians would call it was over….its Legacy would never end.

Valens was on his knees before her, his armour gone, blown to dust that littered the floor by Shatter-point blasts, his body bruised and cut beyond what any human could survive.  Still he stared at her with one eye, the other bruised over, the question in the aether…what is your choice.  He had made his long ago, she was herself the legacy of that choice - faced with the annihilation of his people he had sought their gene forged Goddess Aethena…to create Milaea.

She could see it now…Valens was obsessive but no fool…Aethena as she was could never thrive in this galaxy…he needed someone who was committed to the Aethans, understood the galaxy, and had the Goddess extreme power to rebuild them. 

He was a strategic genius….but she could not allow him to lead the Aethans any longer, nor kill could she kill him for he was of her People and the only one who could ever match her, a check on her own power.  She grasped him with the aether and poured out red lighting

His bruises subsided, his cuts bound and healed, Aethena had done this to Valance in another life, it had bound him to her just as much as their shared origin and sexual relationship had.  Now she used the same method to assert her power over him…he was free…but like the tusk-cat of Naboo who had the thorn in his paw removed by a Princess - he could never forget nor cease to repay the debt from her holding his life in her hand and letting him keep it for a second time.

Three ships rumbled into view outside shattered chamber, one was the Andis, one emblazoned with Painting of a Vorynx breaking from chains, the other a sleek craft that she barely recognised as Chiss, so rare were they. 

Her people were on those ships.  The Vorynx ship pivoted and a side door opened, Kiraea stood there, mostly healed, a blaster to Sofa’s head.  A mere thought in the Aether and Milaea made Kiraea lower it, the threat of her withheld love forcing Kiraea into submission.

Behind her boots crunched on the few remaining pieces of shattered marble -Jarys - she sensed, her biological father…the man her mother had wished to come and save them so many times as she sang her to sleep…astounded at the scene worried for both his brother and his daughter, silently praying to his Goddesses they were reconciled and he would not have to choose between them.

He didn’t need to worry, Her choice was made.

She turned toward the Vorynx, the unspoken balances of dominance and submission shifting in the deep aetheric meld that their people always shared and mingling with communal relief and excitement at reunion with their lost sister….after so much death…so much worry and tension she couldn’t resist letting herself reciprocate the positive feelings. 

“We’re finished here,” she said as she leapt across the gap to the ship, folding space to take it in a single bound.

“For now,”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE END

LEGACY OF THE AETHER

Credits-
>>Thanks to Ultra Sabers for this amazing Forum and Amazing Sabres...one day I hope to have a Sabre for every main character!

>>Thanks to all my co-writers (in no particular order)<<

Karmack - for lighting the spark for these stories with We Are Gray, and collaborating to make the Vyth/Odjina and Spire Arcs possible at all.

Dutchman - for unfailing enthusiasm for collaboration and willingness to combine our canons even more closely through Schisms.

Taegin Rowhan - always the first to say directly who you do and don't like and why, very helpful and did contribute to how JArys and Soryu's arcs played out.

Illiyss - beautiful chapter summaries and insightful analysis

The Drunken Consular - for showing how effective simple short chapters can be in Brothers

My appreciation for all your comments and support, they all contribute to future chapters and the writing process, and for just reading! without an audience this would not be possible, and the fantastic works you are producing - it all pushes me to make my own stories worthy to sit along side yours and entertain/inspire you as much as your stories entertain/inspire me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2018, 12:41:20 AM »

The image of two people, become deities through the course of the epic struggle, which in itself merely a catalyst to being Milaea to confront the decision she must make, the path she has been raised with, altered by the truth of what she is, and the heritage, genetic and spiritual legacy of what Valens made of her with HIS choice, so many years before, the raw energy enough to shred what most see as reality so that she can see the trace lines of possibilities as they extend from that pivot of choice.  Yet again, we see our protagonist take the third path, choosing her own way, to bring a different future from either of the paths set before her by others, blending the two worlds to which she has belonged.  Will we see more of where Miaea, Aethan and Jedi will take her people, what they will be come, and whether they will treat with the rest of the Galaxy, and if so, in what way...  Time will tell.

Thank you, Lord S Gray, for bringing this tale to life, and sharing it with us.  It has been a true pleasure to explore, and follow along.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2018, 05:49:22 AM »

Aye. Illyiss put it wonderfully (as always). But seeing it for myself, seeing Milaea make the choice to be neither, but at the same time both, but wonderful. Plus, I think for the first time, we truly saw just how powerful Milaea and Valens are. But I've got to say, I loved the little references to the rest of SW (especially TD's stuff) that you sprinkled throughout. This was awesome. Not just this chapter, or the chapter before it, but the whole story. You can definitely see how much planning went in to it, even if everything was not set at the very beginning. Well done. Thank you for showing us the Legacy of the Aether.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »

That last fight was amazing.  Truly amazing.  Can i just tuck my Mak'Tor away and forget we ever crossed paths at all?  LOL

Thank you for this amazing journey.  I feel like a simple dabbler.  This story has been "in production" for a while, and the intricate detail and complex interweaving of character and plot line are as good as anything else I've ever read.  There's even an in-story reason why this series of events isn't widely known, which is far more foresight that the rest of us have given!  :-) 

I suspect we'll be seeing all of these guys again.  Maybe even cross paths again.  As scary as that seems the remarkable times of the years immediately after the fall of the Empire would draw even the Aethans out, I think.  So...

See you around the galaxy!  :-)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2018, 03:12:03 PM »

This...this was MAGNIFICENT!  I love that Milaea took a third option, instead of the two that had been presented to her as absolutes.  More brilliance: the "Pax-Republica" completely reminds me of the Pa-Romana.  After Octavian, the next 3-4 emperors are mostly self-serving, degenerate despots...which is why I can completely understand as to WHY the Order would collapse 10 years after

BUT, so too does Milaea understand that complete Aethan victory is another Empire-to-be.  Excellent perspectives with two polarizing POVs, so much outside SW duality BUT also embracing it.  Milaea's choice is also remarkable in that she is able to reconcile her desires with (what she feels are) her responsibilities.  WELL DONE LSG!

And I absolutely LOVE the shout outs to Hide and Seek, Schisms, and canon!

LSG, I really, REALLY hope that you do NOT end the Aethan Saga here (or, for that matter, ANYTIME soon  Wink)!  OutSTANDING story!

P.S. I love the accompanying pics with each chapter; having an analogue for your characters really solidify them in my mind with characterization and details  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »

Epilogue Part 1

The council chamber was utterly ruined.  Millions had watched from apartments and offices as blue and purple energy had spewed out over the temple.  An electrical fault was a hopeless and obvious lie to cover what had happened, they had seen two Gods battle at the heart of Coruscant.

The CSF had largely regained control of the city, a few maniacs were still on the loose, but most had collapsed after the Aethans had vanished.  The Jedi who had lost control in the wake of the Force Imbalance had either been restrained or…pacified…

The legacy of the Night of Madness was huge…between them the two Aethans – that they knew of, Soryu suspected whomever Milaea had gone to chase before returning to the temple was one as well - had killed two dozen Jedi directly, including the Grand Master and three members of the council, and set off riots that had left nearly one million civilians, hundreds of CSF officers and a further thirty Jedi dead. 

Out of an Order seven thousand, an population of billions it might seem trivial…smugglers and thieves killed more each year…yet the psychological impact of them being killed in the Temple could not be overstated

The Senate was in an uproar, Chancellor Orvith demanding heads on spikes after nearly 3000 had died at the Coruscant Opera in an inexplicable fire and even more at suicide bombing at the Galaxies Opera House at Uscru district. 
That the wealthy and well to do had been impacted was the greatest outrage in the minds of the Senate- deaths in the under-levels meant nothing, but the fact their lives were put at risk was not acceptable.

Ovrith wanted whoever was responsible brought in chains before the senate…and was pressuring the Jedi to make it happen.  The Manifesto of the suicide bomber Aquila Varga against entrenched Affluence provided a cover to convince the public the whole thing was the work of an anti-capitalist anarchist cult   

Soryu was conflicted about that, the preservation of the Orders reputation was important, without it their role could become intolerably hard if not completely impossible…yet for it to be preserved at the expense of truth…didn’t people have a right to know that the Order was on shaky ground, that the former Grand Master and his enforcer were at the heart of the disaster…Or as Kimar had suggested immediately after the hangar incident, would the knowledge of a weak divided Order only embolden their enemies to push harder and lead to more deaths? 

Either way it was unfair that the blame rested upon the memory of Aquila Varga, a poor student who was now seen as an anarchist plotter.

And then there was the force itself first a shift in the balance on Coruscant that had destabilized Yoren to his death.  Then cataclysmic force energies released by the battle in the council chambers sending many of the padawans and even a half dozen knights into seizures only half had recovered from, some had shut themselves off from the force unconsciously in response.

He flicked across his datapad…a stream of messages from old friends he had not heard from in years desperate for information.

The Kage at M’Tzigon Li’I’Mack had contacted him on an almost forgotten secure channel inquiring about what was happening on Coruscant and proposing it was related to an attack by the Sith which had killed eighteen of their number, including Kage Odjina at Vyth.  Li’I’Mack was closer to the truth than she realised, yet further than she could imagine.

He knew it hadn’t been Sith…but that was a conversation he needed to have with the Kage in person. She would doubtless soon send a Maenowan, if not come herself to investigate.   

He had also heard Anson, Arbiter of the Vhal Dan was making tenacious and increasingly frantic inquiries to discover the truth behind the events, notably on the fate of Kimar, so far they had made no public announcements and so far as the rest of the Galaxy was concerned he was still Grand Master.

The fact that the fight with and between the Aethans had caused ripples in the force strong enough to reach M’Tzigon and Galtea troubled him…who else might be attracted to this vergence in the force?

There was so much to be done…and he didn’t think he could do it…he was many things, a teacher, a mentor, a warrior when needed…but he was not a leader or master of men and materiel to organise and manage the Order…the most obvious leaders, Yoren or Gurrlum both dead…the Order was rudderless in a sea of sorrow and defeat, snapped at by shoals of Media and looked upon with predatory eyes by the leviathan Senate.

He just couldn’t do this…he was too conflicted in himself to make decisions that needed to be made that would affect millions of lives. 

Head in his hands he thought of Sofa and Milaea…where were they…what were they doing…would he ever see them again?

On the point of breaking down entirely he felt his heart lift…a thin light in the force cutting through the smoke of the aftermath...a mind determined, focused, assured but wary….he could sense him approaching.

Yoda had returned.

****************************************************************************************************

Epilogue Part 2

[processing]

[processing]

[Transaction Approved – Please Remove Credit Chit]

“Excellent” Tian Wey his long fingers gracefully removing the square commercial device that was horribly out of place amongst the curves of Kaminoan design.

“We will begin preparing the first twenty units for transport immediately,” the song like voice of Wey noted.

Lyr stood a smile on his face as his success rung in his aether programmed mind, he followed Wey to the viewing window where twenty infants in bubbling blue liquid tanks waited to be born.
***************************************************************************************************

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »

And Yoda returns, the leader that Soryu needs to help him, to a shattered order that must be rebuilt.  And Yoda rebuilds - on the only model he knows, injected with his own compassion and wisdom but still flawed at its heart.  And thus are the seeds planted for the eventual demise of the Jedi as we know them, though that demise is forestalled for six hundred years.

And those children...  The seeds of a new generation of Aethans.  The promise and hope of the future. 

But what a future...

Thank you again, LSG, not only for this amazing Legacy but also for allowing us to share in it!  This has been an INCREDIBLE ride!  And the next proves to be just as much fun and perhaps even more stimulating.  :-)

Thank you!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2018, 12:18:23 AM »

So that's where Lyr's been hiding. Hmm... Roll Eyes Cheesy

This prologue was great. See Soryu after his ordeal, after losing Sofa, Milaea, the Jedi order, he is bound to be crushed, but with Yoda's return, he might just make it through it. Great writing, and a great conclusion to an incredible story.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2018, 04:25:45 PM »

Much like the "stinger" at the end of a movie, your epilogue was thoroughly enjoyable!  I love all of the inclusions towards the end but now I am REALLY wondering: what is Yoda going to think about this...debacle?  I REALLY hope that we find out... Wink

And Lyr turning up again is ALWAYS a welcome addition!  The galaxy's favorite sleemo is still doing Aethan bidding...but I wonder just how much more useful he can be.  After all: doesn't he have a date with Kiraea's blade?

And now that Soryu has been...revitalized, what will he do?  Like I said before: SO many good things happening here!

Here's to the legacy OF the Legacy!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »

These epilogues do exactly what an epilogue is meant to do; give a sense of closure to a story, without necessarily answering the lingering questions, at least not all of them.  Sure, a cliffhanger is great when the next installment of the direct story is forthcoming, but when a particular story arc comes to a close, openings need to be left, but the sense of completion puts the mind gently into consideration of the future, not feverishly anticipating a conclusion.  Well done, and perfect segue in to the "Yoda era".

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2018, 11:06:30 PM »

Epilogue Part 3  - Lost Legacies

The final Epilogue…As a tip might be worth re reading Chapter 8 to remind oneself of one of Milaea’s visions of the future....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These stories occur approximately 45 to 55 years after the events of Legacy of the Aether
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

…In spite of these efforts, 594 of our people remain lost to us.  We do not know where they are or what has become of them…efforts remain ongoing but with passng years…We can only hope Aephrodaea showed compassion and Aertemisaea ended their suffering swiftly. 

….while it is possible for interbreeding to occur it would only be in rare circumstances – Zygote stability predictive models show only a small number of other force sensitive humans would be compatible…and then only at a likelihood of 1 in every 28,000 Aethan gamete releases, a defect on Aethan CR-14-523 in male gametes and Defect in both CRM-14-523 and Anaerobic functions in mitochondrial DNA for female gametes would be required for a viable embryo to fertilize with a human gamete – the resulting offspring would retain some Aethan features but lack advanced cognition, metabolism and have sub-Aethan bone and muscle stregnth.  Whether such hybrids would themselves be fertile is subject to conjecture….

While this offers the possibility that some of our lost people had, against their will, offspring, the cultural and physical differences would by definition result in them being Outsiders without direct genetic re-editing and cultural re-education…
...Goddesses bless them if they do exist....

….The names of those lost to use will not be forgotten, they are.
Acenaea – Daughter of Aredaea and Marys, River bend Village, enjoyed decorating her parents pottery with landscapes, had two pet Gobrils Debi and Dobi – Goddesses bless her.
Acenaea – Daughter of Lysinaea and Taran the Elder, mother of Aeredaea and Aerenaea, ran the kilns at River Bend Village, always wore Aephrodaea’s Blue Rose in her hair, Goddesses bless her.

-Extract from Our History Book 8 Chapter 14 – "Our People Still Lost, their Names and Remembrances"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SNOORK,
Lady Veruna snorted when she laughed, and giggled like a drunk Gungan.  She didn’t care let them laugh behind her back, to her face even.

She would wait patiently for her audience with the King in the ante-room of the Theed Palace with the other noble petitioners in all their finery without and rot within.  They looked down on her, the gossip of three generations followed her but she would not be ashamed, her grandmother had been a great woman, fierce and independent, and had revived their houses fortunes. 

Apart from the nerve for a noble to enter into industry rather than schmooze off farm and mine rents, her grandmother had the audacity to be a woman while doing it…tut-tut they all said no wonder she had never married, who would want such a grubby thing.

Their slanders and ostracism as her grandmother rose their house to new heights of wealth and power forced her to look elsewhere for a partner to further the line.  Adding fuel to the fire of outrage she had chosen an off worlder…and worse one with a scurrilous background.

Rumour had it she had purchased a slave male prostitute during a business trip to Toydaria. Another outrage, her grandmother had sex and enjoyed it! 

Her family had always been dogged by rumours of practicing demonic rituals and being touched by arcane power, and this prostitute had allegedly been chosen by her grandmother because he wielded some hideous secret power.

She flicked her glance discreetly to her watch, it was ill manners to check how long you waited at Court but she could not wait all day. 

She had never met her grandfather, he had died, again adding to the scandal, as a suicide raving about Goddesses and rituals after her mother had been born.  It didn’t matter who he was or where he had come from…between them her grandparent’s blood gave her Title, Name, and Power…an unusual ability to read others they said, and disturbing vitality and luck.

It was true…even in this room she could almost feel the emotions of the other nobles simmering under the surface…she wondered if that came from her grandmother or mysterious grandfather…

“My Lady, the King will receive you now,” the chamberlain whispered to her.  She rose with all the grace her finishing school had provided, sweeping through the white wooden doors along orange and brown flecked marble floors as she was announced, her first name for her grandmother, her second name an off world oddity her grandfather had apparently wished to name her mother.

“You Highness, Lady Shevel Arenaea House Palpatine,”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He didn’t remember the names…they all started with Aurek…it had been so long…he didn’t even really know the words.

“Can we hurry up, it’s getting too cold for him!” Shri called their newborn son bundled in his arms against the icy desert winds that stirred phantoms in Tatooines sands.

He frowned…it was important his mother had said, her mother in turn, his grandmother had said they should never forget their true home world…even if they didn’t know where it was…even if they would never go back there…

“Come on…we can’t stay out this late,” Shri went on…it had taken a week to talk her into coming…she wasn’t exactly thrilled about having a baby in the first place…let alone with him…he knew she fancied Jori…but the masters orders were clear.  He was the best worker, the smartest, and they said the luckiest…he had dodged falling scaffolds and rocks in the mines that many times…sometimes it was as if he knew it were about to happen…he did that with a lot of things…

“Alright…” he went over and dabbed a little water on a rag…Shri’s face scrunched up, even this little amount of their water ration she considered wasteful.  Despite her obvious dislike for him their master had put them in the same ‘family’ unit and he was to ‘increase stock once a year’ with her. 

He tried to make her at least…content…but nothing would ever make up for the fact in the end she was being used for her womb and he was the one who had to impregnate her or they’d both get beaten.  He was as gentle as could be…still it made no difference to her.

He dabbed the rag on his sons head…”In the names of the Goddesses…I bless you Akin with wisdom, strength and compassion,”  even if he didn’t know the goddesses names he knew their blessings,

“Great whoopy, was that it?  You’re pathetic you really are…If it wasn’t for the fact I’d get beaten if I tired anything I’d have aborted this little dren, that’s how much I hate you I want you to know that,” 

He nodded glumly as they headed back to the encampment under the indifferent stars.
“WILL YOU SHUT THAT BRAT UP!” her father yelled from the bedroom…the only bedroom in their slum house on the outskirts of Coronet city.

He had come home angry and tired…just like every morning…from his job on the night shift.  It didn’t pay much but it was enough to get her and her younger brother and sister a hover rail ride to the school each day while mum stayed home with the baby…well toddler now.

Her siblings quietly ate their nutrient bits, they had to get food from the local charity centre most weeks…with four kids it was hard to make ends meet.  Still it was better her father said than what he had had as a child. 

When she was younger he had been so much happier…he had told her the story of how when he was little he had been saved by the Sons from mopping up sludge of some kind in a big factory, taken to a refugee camp and then settled here.  But time, responsibility and hard work for uncaring bosses seemed to have weighed him down. 

“Mara can you do the washing tonight,” her mother asked jiggling Tarn in her arms to keep him from crying.

“Sure mum…”  she had been named after her grandmother…she had died before her dad was rescued…Maraea had been her name…but her father still struggled with reading and writing so had simplified it when writing out her birth certificate.  She hoped one day to restore that tradition, although Mara came off the tongue more easily.

But more than that she just hoped any children she had…and their children’s children…would have a better life than this….or at least never end up serving some brutal crotchety old master.

Lord_S_Gray

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2018, 11:14:48 PM »

All of these are great, and such an interesting legacy that the Aethans have left the galaxy.  That first one though...  MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2018, 02:00:46 AM »

Oh these are GOOD LSG!  And from these lost tendrils do we see at least a part of the legacy of Aethans...

I absolutely LOVE that Emperor Sheev Palpatine is of Aethan decent!  SO much better an origin that anything else I've read!  Incredible what can be lost in a couple of generations, sadly...

Please tell us that there's more to come!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: