Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate V2 And Blade Length Question?  (Read 667 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: December 23, 2017, 06:18:11 AM »

So I was thinking about this saber lately. You hardly see any V2's much. I'm 5'7 so I figured a 32 inch blade would best suit me. I know you guys probably can't see me with an Initiate V2 saber but eh Tongue I tried one out in person still from one of my friends when we lived out in Colorado 2 years ago and really enjoyed the saber actually. And now that you can do av switch and covertech wheels on them I'll like it even more. Just not sure if to go with a blue or green blade. Just something I've been considering lately. I want kind of a Yoda feel for my saber but the 24 inch blades were a bit too short for me so. I wanna add something nice and classic to my collection of sabers =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 07:52:40 PM »

Hey there,

I think the color on this really depends on what you prefer and how you plan to use it.  I have a V2 that I got as a free initiate add on for one of my recent purchases.  It came to me in a consular Green with an UEMG blade and it looks SO GOOD. I also have a full size saber in Guardian Blue which is a rich and full color as well.  If you want the Yoda feel, go Green.  It is one of their brightest and strongest colors in my experience.

If you plan to do contact sparring or dueling, always go with a heavy grade blade.  If you just want to practice spins, MG is going to be your best bet.  (Don't Fight with a midgrade)  It may not break, but it will have a high probability of bending, denting or creasing of the blade, or damaging the diffusion film on the inside causing creases in the film and sadness...

If you are planning to use the saber as a one hander the 24" or the 32"  should give you good results.  If you are planning to do 2 handed work 32" would be your best bet for such a short hilt.  If you put a full 36" into that hilt it will be very unbalanced. Another important thing to note is that the V2 is not MHS compatible so extenders or longer pommels are going to be hard to come by.

I might suggest moving up a tier to a hilt that is MHS compatible so that you can get a pommel that is longer or give yourself options for easy extensions from other MHS compatible sources.  An Apprentice V4 or Initiate V4 might be a good level of saber perhaps. (similar in size to the V2, but MHS compatible.)  I personally love the Sentinel V4 and Dominix V4.  They are narrow, have well placed choke points, and are lightweight.  If you have small hands, the Apprentice V4 or Initiate V4 are a good combination of the initiate V2 and the larger Sentinel/Dominix Hilts.

Hope this Helps!

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

Electrum Wind [FO] Premium Sound, Dark Sentinel V4 LE
 lite sound, Sentinel V4 [GB] lite sound, Scorpion [GB] lite sound, Initiate V2 [CG], Aeon V3
, Aeon V3 [CG], Aeon LE V3 [FO], Dominix V4 [AS], Dominix LE V4 [AS], Sentinel LE V4 [AS], Aeon V3 [AS]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: