Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello There, Carde Here.  (Read 2296 times)
Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

« on: December 25, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »

Hello Saber Forum!

My name is Carde and I Live in Denton, Texas.  I am very excited to say that I JUST found out about Ultra Sabers about 2 months ago!  (Hello, my name is Carde, and I am a Saber Addict.  *Hi Carde*)  I am a High School Theatre Teacher, Mega Nerd, and Stage Combat Enthusiast.  I have been trained in many forms of theatrical stage combat and several more practical styles of sword combat.  I found out about US because one of the Stage Combat groups that I follow on YouTube just started using US Lightsabers in all of their videos. 

Now, up to this point in my life, the only Lightsabers I have been aware of were children's toys or have been essentially florescent light bulbs with handles that sit on a shelf and defy every human impulse to conquer the galaxy or to wail on your buddies. Enter Ultra Sabers.  They make it possible for me to seamlessly combine 2 of my favorite hobbies, Star Wars and Stage Combat.  I had to have one. 10. ALL OF THEM.  So I set about making a purchase for my annual nerdy Christmas gift to myself. 

What I ended up with was:

1. A free Initiate V2 in Consular Green (Thank you holiday Coupon Codes)
2. A Stunt Saber Dominix V4 in Adegan Silver with color discs (I usually run it with the green and blue discs to make a Tiffany blue color)
3. A Dark Sentinel LE V4 In Tri- Blazing Red w/basic sound and a Scorpion Pommel- My current favorite to work with.
4. A Scorpion in Tri-Guardian Blue with Silver FoC, and basic Sound.- My favorite to look at. (mmmmm pretty)

I have also ordered (but it has not yet arrived):
5. A Sentinel V4 in Tri-Guardian Blue with Basic Sound and an Archon Classic Pommel. (I Plan to add some Black O rings to this saber for a simple cosmetic upgrade and grip enhancement.)  This will become my primary saber for use in Duels, Choreography, and general teaching/training.  I got it because of how much I LOVE to work with my Dark Sentinel V4 LE and would love to be able to use either based on my mood of the day...

Because of the way that I plan to use these sabers, I ordered UEHG blades for all of them, all standard length (except I got a 32" for the Initiate V2). All but the initiate have Covertec Wheels. I plan to go to my local Lowes or Home Depot in the next few days to get some O rings and nice cosmetic thumbscrews for easier blade changing and simple decoration. I have also invested in a small collection of rechargeable batteries and a 16 bay trickle charger to power my collection.  I will update you all on this endeavor as I learn more.

This is just the beginning of my addiction.  My wish list is full and constantly evolving.  I am looking forward to posting my review videos of the sabers once I get them all in and have some simple cosmetic upgrades done, have more hands on time to test them in practical combat, and get some more useful info for the community other than my initial reactions of pure, unfiltered, Nerd Joy... Or me staring lovingly at them for extended periods of time while simultaneously losing the ability to speak with any degree of masculine tone (which I cannot seem to stop doing btw).

My hope is that I can give the community some more information from a practical combat choreography and teaching perspective.  I have done a LOT of research on "battle ready" steel stage combat equipment and I can say confidently that Ultra Sabers makes a product that is durable enough for prolonged contact combat (as long as you are working with weapons of a similar construction) that are vastly less expensive than their steel counterparts AND THEY DON'T RUST!!!  They are also easy to upgrade, maintain, and repair if needed.  A replacement blade from US can cost as little as $10 if you go with a grab bag.  A replacement blade for a steel broadsword of any kind of quality is so expensive that you might as well buy a new sword entirely.

They are lightweight enough that I can teach both 1 handed and 2 handed techniques and, with a simple blade change, can suit almost any user at any age.  Even people without the needed upper body strength to effectively wield a steel broadsword can learn the techniques for stage combat in a relatively safe but mostly FUN way!!! Please note that with the right blades these weapons are as sturdy as a Bokken and can do that amount of damage if unsupervised or untrained people use them without protection.  I have actually seen one of these sabers, with a heavy grade blade, go head to head with a Bokken and come out virtually undamaged. Minor scuff marks.

All things considered, I am deeply excited for the potential of this product line and how it will enhance my ability to teach my students in the future!

THANK YOU ULTRA SABERS!!! 

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

Electrum Wind [FO] Premium Sound, Dark Sentinel V4 LE
 lite sound, Sentinel V4 [GB] lite sound, Scorpion [GB] lite sound, Initiate V2 [CG], Aeon V3
, Aeon V3 [CG], Aeon LE V3 [FO], Dominix V4 [AS], Dominix LE V4 [AS], Sentinel LE V4 [AS], Aeon V3 [AS]

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »

Welcome to the forum, you will fit right in  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 11:18:04 PM »

Thanks so much! Glad to be here!

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

lite sound, Sentinel V4 [GB] lite sound, Scorpion [GB] lite sound, Initiate V2 [CG], Aeon V3
, Aeon V3 [CG], Aeon LE V3 [FO], Dominix V4 [AS], Dominix LE V4 [AS], Sentinel LE V4 [AS], Aeon V3 [AS]

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 12:23:55 AM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley

If I may suggest: peruse the other threads in the forum, especially the Saber Artistry & Combat, Costumes, and Fan Fiction sections.  Some excellent threads are there   Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 12:28:57 AM »

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like your collection is off to an excellent start

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 02:14:29 AM »

welcome to the forums. I think the Jedi council of Texas on fb would love you as an addition.
a great group to enable your addiction, sadly there is no known group to do otherwise.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 03:09:19 AM »

Thanks so much for the welcome!  I will look up that group on Facebook for sure.  Smiley

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 05:10:51 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well!)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 06:11:49 AM »

Welcome to the forum, you started out of the gate running! I'm sure you will love it here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 11:29:17 PM »

Welcome! You're definitely the right sort of person Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 01:25:29 AM »

So, I am a monster...

I just orders 3 more stunt sabers so I could be a part of the Raffle... I will soon be the proud owner of 2 Aeon V3s (one in Tri-BR and the other in Tri-CG) and One Aeon V3 LE in Tri-FO.  I need more for my students anyway right?  Please help me justify my addiction and supreme LACK of will power...

I see 2 Yari pike extensions in my future as well... for the 2 basic V3s...  Help me...

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 01:40:57 AM »

So, I am a monster...

I just orders 3 more stunt sabers so I could be a part of the Raffle... I will soon be the proud owner of 2 Aeon V3s (one in Tri-BR and the other in Tri-CG) and One Aeon V3 LE in Tri-FO.  I need more for my students anyway right?  Please help me justify my addiction and supreme LACK of will power...

I see 2 Yari pike extensions in my future as well... for the 2 basic V3s...  Help me...
Sorry, but you are one of us now...

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 05:23:10 PM »

*chanting*  Oneofus Oneofus Oneofus...

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 01:03:58 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Carde! Fellow Texan here, but I'm located out in Arlington (currently and very temporarily living in Crowley)

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 01:24:05 AM »

So, I am a monster...

Please help me justify my addiction and supreme LACK of will power...

Help me...

As long as you can still pay your bills and you don't drive or operate heavy machinery while under the influence, you can be justified. Remember to use the left lane for passing only.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: