Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Crossguards sabers using shorter blades  (Read 1516 times)
28Shadow
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

Dark Side points please!

« on: December 27, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »

So the standard option for the Flamberge and Renegade models is a 36" blade, but from my experience with my Dominix LE v4 I don't really care for that length of blade.  It's just too long for my tastes.

Has anyone switched out the main blade with a 32"?  If so, does it throw off the balance and proportions of the saber? 

I personally am looking at a 32" ultraedge mid grade for the main blade, as well as the side blades being 6" ultraedge midgrades.

"Let the past die.  Kill it, if you have to."

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 10:29:59 AM »

I am a bit shorter (5'7") and use a 32" in my flam. It's a bit hilt heavy but I don't mind it

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

28Shadow
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

Dark Side points please!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »

I am a bit shorter (5'7") and use a 32" in my flam. It's a bit hilt heavy but I don't mind it

I'm 5' 9" so I'm not that far from you.  So it doesn't become so hilt heavy that it's really unbalanced?

"Let the past die.  Kill it, if you have to."

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »

I don't use it much, but no the balance wasn't bad. I had no complaints from another who dueled with it either.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: