Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help, unstoppable hum and Lightsaber stopped working after 2 days  (Read 5553 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 12:40:42 AM »

It does look like one of the wires has done insulation that has been rubbed off as if the wire got pinched. It's where (what looks like) the inner tube and shroud meet.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Aussmo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »

Alright, at all the behest to remove the batteries, that'll be my first attempt, like I said though they're covered in electrical tape and the circuit board is taped to it too. Also if this is as bad as the wires are after not even a week of use I'm concerned. I've only opened the thing 2 or 3 times and this is the result. Well I'll post after I've gotten the Batteries removed. I'm still waiting on US to get back to my email I sent a day before this post.

Aussmo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »

Alright I've taken it part removed the batteries and electoral taped up the frayed. In my opinion something went wrong with the card making it reset after the fall. Then I took it apart and examined it, put it back together and a wire must have been frayed causing the issue to escalate. From what I can gather the saber needs a new sound-card from the fall and probably a new wire or to have the frayed part removed and  it soldered together. Like I said I'm still waiting on US to even get back too me, but I appreciate everyone's help and advise.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »

And those things happen, unfortunately. Now you know and can inform US that is not a battery issue. If there is indeed a frayed wire or loose board connection, try to get a clear picture of it to include with your emails.

It looks like it will have to be sent back. Their warranty does cover a lot of things, so hopefully this will be covered. Be prepared to pay for shipping back to them, though.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: