Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Scythe of the Covenant (PIC HEAVY) log  (Read 16972 times)
RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« on: December 30, 2017, 10:55:51 PM »

The Covenant was a secret/ outlawed sub-sect of the jedi order willing to do whatever it took to stop the sith.  We catch a glimpse of them randomly in EU stuff here and there.  I picture this saber belonging to one of these dudes that appears in The Lost Tribe of The Sith.  It's an aggressive looking hilt for a jedi- front loaded, makes me think of like a jedi enforcer or something. 

widening the hole in this body section from guarded to AV size

gathering parts, figuring design- mantis emitter and shroud, sentinel stunt pommel, and i THINK that's an early glaive body section but i could be wrong- D7 has the answer to that one

mini monster for scale- sharpie marks pin sockets

this was a really tight fit to get in there how i wanted- honestly i didn't quite pull it off, bad location/ angle on the left socket, i wanted them on a slight upward angle (like the right side), but i was pushing my current skill level here so 'meh, is what it is.  gets cleaned up a lot anyways

3-48 for the pins

still getting cleaned up here

all cleaned

right side- with angle i wanted
you can still see that its off a bit- but it'll do

i set the alignment of the pin sockets relative to the switch/ etc when i assemble this for the last time.  will be going act box instead of bezel.

tapped 4-40 and a place holding 5/16" hole for port- take it out to 7/16" to actually clear port

round nut off to match lines

8-32 or any non metric, small size brass socket screws are a myth, so i worked a button to do the trick.

spent a lot of time figuring out where to put that for best grip

etched around larger holes, made smaller ones

still have to match finishes and get paint out of knurling (use clear resist on diamond knurling!)

time to work surfaces, etch, and weather slightly

"there is no fear"

working edge of emitter and popping in decorative brass plug, alternating from recessed to slightly proud in all the smaller holes except the one that's tapped for blade retention.

pins go in at the very end of everything, when i set the emitter (after install).

getting black in the sockets under pins.

now i'm wiring- keep you posted Smiley

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:14:57 AM »

That. Is. Amazing!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:39:17 AM »

Such a pic heavy FANTASTIC build! Point to you!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 12:57:24 AM »

Thanks so much guys!!  Haha, ya I know my build logs are nuts- they've been known to destroy phones, even crash ISP's completely lol- in some circles they know me by the title captain close-up Wink.  What can I say, I have a sickness lol. 

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 01:06:02 AM »

Thanks so much guys!!  Haha, ya I know my build logs are nuts- they've been known to destroy phones, even crash ISP's completely lol- in some circles they know me by the title captain close-up Wink.  What can I say, I have a sickness lol. 

I, for one, appreciate the level of detail you log.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 01:28:36 AM »

That is stunning! I absolutely love the activation box on this.

There is no such thing as over documentation.  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 03:49:48 AM »

Loving how this is developing.
Excellent work so far

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 04:55:20 AM »

What great work! It is going to be awesome!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »

thanks everyone!!  gonna be doing some wiring shortly, keep you posted Smiley

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 09:12:43 PM »

Wow. This is sick.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 01:17:20 AM »

Thanks BatMike!

stole a 1A puck from a series deep red module i had that won't need it anymore, super glued it in place on the back of the harness.  stripped/ tinned most of the wires etc to be ready, and hooked up the ones like the speaker and led negative because why not get that out of the way

you know, i always think i'm gonna have tons of room lol, then i end up surprised by how tight it really ends up... seems a good time to point out the clinical definition of insanity lol.

there won't be much room for slack thanks to the port.

wiring up like this with everything in place but not mounted, so i can slide partially in, pull slack out of the way by drawing out led/ port/ switch a tad, then ease that slack back in through the port holes- venting some of the excess wire (needed to slide board/ batteries out) so everything can slide up inside without pinching on the port connections.

but before i spend ANY effort getting this in there, let's see that it works lol- had some bad luck with installs that way lately... ok, cool lol. anyone else's heart race before they pull the key for the first time lol?!

used to go nuts shrinking the ports/ switches, now not so much- last switch leg does get insulated obviously, i just had to get the wire in position first.

nothing fancy here, just keeping it tight where it counts.

wow lol, that was quick and painless.  too bad all my installs couldn't be like that- but i guess it helps that theres not a whole bunch of extra 'what the?!' involved here lol.

had to get a smidge of epoxy in the threads of the emitter and pins, not much, just enough so they won't loosen unless i intentionally loosen them.  i had to work quickly- think i got the best alignment i could considering all the little ways that i ended up wonky on various locations etc- i'll take it Smiley

now i'm gonna let that cure/ set 'till tomorrow- some light refinishing, weathering, kill key, and blade plug up next.  keep you posted. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!! Smiley.  MTFBWY into the new year!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 02:44:24 AM »

Getting the electronics in, and working, is the biggest challenge in works like this.
Nicely done

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »

Thanks man!

gotta wait till cures before i can clean up/ sand

3/16" rod and 1/4" tube, gear- this will look really cool when it's in

i'll sink it in a bit so you only see the tip sticking up unless you angel your gaze inside a bit

i like low-pro plugs- but last time i went TOO low-pro and it's a bit annoying to grip... this time i went a little too big lol, ugh.  Next time lol.  It's like trying to put salt on Bart Simpson's plated food, i swear lol (surely you guys remember that episode?). 

having trouble showing the detail on plug due to glare

it's hard to get the pics to do this justice the same way it looks in person- your eye's don't take it all in at once the same way in the pics, but once it's done i'll do a vid

it's not as big as you might have thought, it's a nice full 2 handed grip

chosen one CE for scale- if you look at the usable hand space, there's only about 1" to 1.5" more at most, and the rest is just the tip of the emitter

now i need to weather it a bit, finish it.  gotta crash for today tho unfortunately.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 08:48:27 PM »

Holy crap! That think is looking beastly!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »

What a beast!
But I LIKE it!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: