Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Scythe of the Covenant (PIC HEAVY) log  (Read 16947 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 08:23:51 PM »

It just keeps getting better and better!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

SITHSLAYER
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 36

I am one with the Force and the Force is with me

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 08:37:56 PM »

As cool as that looks, and it seriously looks cool as hell, I am not sure I would be able to cosmetically damage my saber.

Great work!! Cool

Seriously Lana.  Call Kenny Loggins, 'cause you're in the Dangerzone.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 11:25:53 PM »

Nice!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

DazeDPup
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

How about no

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 02:26:32 AM »

That looks amazing!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Owned sabers: None yet
Saber wish list: Emperors hand, Reaper, Raven, dark mantis.

Sith name: Darth shatear

Dark side points plz

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 03:48:17 AM »

This definitely looks like a weapon that's been used, and possibly abused.

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 03:53:09 AM »

That's all amazing. For some reason the cut in the pommel is my favorite.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 10:58:55 PM »

Wow, those gashes look awesome, and I agree with Hansrad, that gash on the pommel is absolutely my favorite.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 11:37:29 PM »

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?!

RR that saber is an INCREDIBLE piece of work!  I absolutely LOVE the detail and mods that you've done!  Fantastic artistry and craftsmanship, I'd love to see more pics!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 12:16:33 AM »

I am still in absolute awe of this piece!  A couple of questions, any problems getting the gash in the pommel/base to line up when taking off the pommel and putting it back on?  It looks like you used the cut off wheel for some of the cuts, am I correct?   You've done an inspiring and beautiful job, and I can't wait to see what you consider the finished work, and get the back story.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

IjediOctar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

Death is only the beginning.

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »

Truly amazing craftsmanship! Your are truly gifted. Keep up the awesome work. Much attention to detail. That's the kind of sabers I like very detailed and structured.

Be apart of the force I shall in this existance in life  and the hereafter.

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2018, 03:37:05 AM »

Wow very nice!

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 05:01:50 AM »

Wow! That is truly amazing!

You do good work!

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Necrodead
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2018, 06:19:54 PM »

Nice AvE ruler bud!

And also sweet saber of course!

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »

Nice AvE ruler bud!

And also sweet saber of course!

Thanks man!  Ha ha, that BumbleFak is a real character that's for sure- i remember when i first stumbled on one of his vids i was just dying laughing, and at the same time i was like- i think i belong here. 

I am still in absolute awe of this piece!  A couple of questions, any problems getting the gash in the pommel/base to line up when taking off the pommel and putting it back on?  It looks like you used the cut off wheel for some of the cuts, am I correct?   You've done an inspiring and beautiful job, and I can't wait to see what you consider the finished work, and get the back story.

Thanks so much Illyiss, too kind!  yep, both the heavy duty and thinner cut off discs, also an electric engraver, and also a few tiny burrs.  learned my lesson once a while back drilling a hole across 2 extensions (like one hole right where the 2 came together), i didn't have the pieces thoroughly secured and wow lol, in the space of a millisecond both pieces mangled, and a rather large piece of drill bit whistled close enough past my face to tickle before bouncing off the wall 10 feet behind me and ending up back at my feet.  This time i tightened sufficiently and put a TINY smudge of epoxy on the threads when i cut it. 

Wow, those gashes look awesome, and I agree with Hansrad, that gash on the pommel is absolutely my favorite.
That's all amazing. For some reason the cut in the pommel is my favorite.

i really like that one too, thanks guys Smiley.

As cool as that looks, and it seriously looks cool as hell, I am not sure I would be able to cosmetically damage my saber.

Great work!! Cool

Thanks man!  helps with the bravery part of it when every drawer/ cupboard in your little apartment has got sabers/ parts stuffed inside lol- AND, i guess, technically, the only parts i actually spent my own $ on here would be the majority of the brass, the batteries, and the circle plug lol.  The body section and the cover-tec were gifts from D7, and the rest from the kind folks at Ultrasabers over the years Smiley

What parts could possibly use more sanding ?  Love the damage to the chevron.  Rusted blood... awesome lol.  Grin

Thanks D!  had to clean some of the tool marks around the heaviest of the battle damage on the shroud.  the crack/ chipped thingy i did up there had some chowder marks around its edges, making it look like something somebody carved in as opposed to something that happened naturally.  all cleaned up now though Smiley.

Thanks so much to EVERYONE!!!!!  After being away for so long, i can't tell you how awesome it is to see that the spirit of support is still blazing here fierce as ever Smiley.  Very cool.  Really appreciate all the kind words!! 

I’ve got the last round of pics basically taken, and the back story almost finished thanks to last nights shift lol- about one more shift at work ought to do it- and then i should be able to post everything Smiley.  In the meantime- heres a quick vid of the finished hilt:

https://youtu.be/lhGUjstk_9Y

Huge thank you again to everyone for all the encouragement and interest!!!  Final dump coming any day Smiley.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 06:06:58 PM »

Ok, i know this is huge, but here’s some context... i know most people won't even need to bother with this, they can just skip everything to the pics etc- but i'm gonna be posting a legit little short story as a backstory for this, so i kinda have to set it up a lil.   i think i mentioned earlier in the log about The Covenant- what they were about, they're ancient roots etc,  and the idea of this saber belonging to a take no prisoners sort of rogue/ enforcer jedi.  I pictured this being quite literally the scythe of the covenant- like at the absolute peak of that group's existence, their most infamous, most feared dude ever, their death scythe's saber.

It would have been way way back, in the earlier centuries/ millennia of the jedi order itself, in the fall out of one of the first great schisms. When the darksiders from the first civil war lost, they were spared- banished out into the unknown beyond the galaxy. There they encountered the actual sith species, refined their own ideology, coined the phrase sith, and founded an empire that set the stage for literally tens of thousands of years of conflict with the jedi, in an attempt to conquer the galaxy that gave them the boot.  They came back again and again.  And all the while the jedi were prevented by their own philosophy from ever truly breaking the cycle.  The sith were an infection which would keep festering to a boil so long as the jedi were incapable of completely removing all the affected material.  But it was sort of a catch 22- if the jedi took extreme enough action to eradicate the sith once and for all, they essentially became the very enemy they fought. They needed an anti-hero, a necessary evil- hence the covenant. 

So at this imagined time there's conflict everywhere, sith against jedi- and even within the jedi order itself.  And this dude emerges, who just goes around kicking incredible amounts of ass, pulling off seemingly impossible victories against all odds, more powerful foes, etc, with the kind of boldness reserved for lunatics and kings, and all the while growing a rep as this unstoppable force.  Both sith and jedi alike cringe at the very mention of his name, utter it with this weird mix of whispered reverence and loathsomeness, as if saying it too loud might conjure the wretch.  And all of this conflict seems to be reaching a dreadful climax.  This champion of the covenant continues to wreak havoc, growing ever bolder and ever defiant of the jedi order.  The Covenant becomes hated/ feared/ villainized more and more on both sides as it becomes a more legitimate threat.  It is outlawed by the jedi order, and a witch hunt ensues for its members.  And yet, ironically, it's ranks swell and it's legitimacy as a major player reaches an all time high- the bubble of it's existence is swelled to it's greatest point…

this is where the story begins, so now on the next post i can just jump right into it.  and don't worry- it's not just gonna be a jumble of info like this set up lol!  That's exactly why i wanted to just get this out of the way here, the story will read well Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: