Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First saber - apprentice v4  (Read 948 times)
Show540
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 31, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post as i am new. This is my first saber. I gotta say i like it quite a bit. Bought an empty apprentice v4 hilt and gaurded switch from US along with a grab bag blade - ended up getting a heavy dueling blade full length, not sure if it is the ultra edge or not. Looks great tho. I used a "galaxy soundboard" from ebay. A seller called solo sabers. My understanding is that they and another company called outter rim sabers (also on etsy) sell some diy kits and diy components for sabers. Anyhow i purchased their led module as well and 3.7v battery pack with speaker. Wiring was very simple, minor soldering, easy to do. Got my hilt, loved the look of it, threw on some o-rings for simplicity and to add to the look and i really like how it turned out.

The saber color is obviously supposed to be a gaurdian blue and looks great. The electronics are pretty loud and not too shabby. The best functions of the sound board are the power on and power off sounds. The hum is nice and i like it just fine. The swing sound isnt bad at all but it doesnt come up too often - the clash noises happen pretty frequently with almost any hard or sudden movements. The noises arnt bad i just really feel like the board overall is too sensetive to movement and it also shuts down after a 10 second idle position. Anyhow for a childs saber, i think this soundboard would work great as it was only $16 on etsy and i think an entire kit from either seller wired up ready to go in your saber is about $60-70.

So final thoughts, love the hilt - very clean very light and very functional. I am very impressed with its appeal. Glad i went with windows in the emitter because they look great. The diy components i sourced from various places and ebay seller "solosabers" were easily obtainable, they were easy to work with and assemble - the sound board functions well but is too sensitive for my liking, thinking possible upgrade in the future.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:56:58 PM »

Thanks for the review, nice saber!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: