Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: MAYHEM - Destruction of an Aeon v3  (Read 17857 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 06:05:51 PM »

Nice. Don't know how I missed this one Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »

PART 6  - the emitter blade plug

I racked my brain in almost desperation mode to come up with a plug that would fit the look of this saber plus not block off the destroyed rim areas.  This is what I came up with last evening after another trip to Michaels Crafts and mock putting together other possibilities.

Measured a piece of thick poycarb tubing and used a dremel and plastic cutter wheel... those pipe cutters did not work at all for me.  I really like the results and hope you will as well... it was beyond easy to create and put together.  Smiley

Here is the main supplies used... that's about all.

The final result.

Not too shabby !  Here's the Testors enamel paint and glue.  Would suggest a glue that gives a bit more time to work with and reposition.  This brand is my all out favorite.  Also sprayed with Rust-oleum clear semi-gloss topcoat.

Now for the best part... all lit up.  I didn't want a centered close contact blade plug.  It should look slightly skewed and looser fitting from eons of being battered by the elements.  But it can be pushed down for a more even fit that will then decrease the light coming from the rim.

FoC off and on.  Lee filters of an orange and yellow on CG LED to create a more toxic green and yellow flash.

THE FINAL END  Grin

Thanks again to everyone who checks out my MAYHEM saber.  Hope that the blade plug gives you some ideas and feel free to use them to create your own.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:41:19 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »

Love it D7! the blade plug matches perfectly. Point!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Lord Tohmas
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

(DS points please!)

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »

Holy Crap, D7, that is just awesome! Well done. Point to you!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »

That is a fantastic finishing touch.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 12:08:55 AM »

Love it! Well done, D7. +1

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 03:11:44 AM »

Sweet plug. I really need to start going to Michael's and check out their stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 03:29:48 AM »

Beautiful finish to this, D7.
The blade plug you made is the icing on the proverbial cake

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 04:06:57 AM »

Amazing job, D7! That blade plug is so fierce Shocked This is outstanding work, point given!!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2018, 06:52:13 AM »

Nicely done. Looks very good, and that one pic where it shows the crack in the emitter is my favorite.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 07:56:42 AM »

Totally spectacular D7!

That looks so cool.  Awesome job on the engraving.  You're really good at that.  You ought to have an amendment to your title: - Dremel goddess.  Wink

Super job with the weathering as well - and the wrap...lol

It really does look beat up and old.  

Before I saw your awesome blade plug, I was going to suggest asking JediSeth for tips.  That guy makes killer plugs. Clearly, so do you though. Smiley

Great job all around. Cheesy

+1

(Rev wouldn't drill and tap a hole for you?  What an ass.  LOL!  J/K brother. Wink)

Edit:
Putting this here to see if it's an option.  Have a thought that I could take a short 360 mini video from a camera... of this saber or any other saber placed on a rotating base.  Does anyone know if that would work or does one have to make a YT video first to then transfer it only to the forum ?  Smiley
As far as I knew, the forum ONLY supports YT vids. Wink  Embedded ones at least.  You could link to it though.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »

I don't know how I missed this but this custom saber is an incredible labor of love!  This shows remarkable skill and craftsmanship, D7  Smiley
I could see this being found in an old cache of Jedi/Sith artifacts... Yeah, the provenance could become its own story  Wink
Wonderfully done!

+1 for you  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 05:19:06 PM »

That looks so cool.  Awesome job on the engraving.  You're really good at that.  You ought to have an amendment to your title: - Dremel goddess.  Wink

Before I saw your awesome blade plug, I was going to suggest asking JediSeth for tips.  That guy makes killer plugs. Clearly, so do you though. Smiley

(Rev wouldn't drill and tap a hole for you?  What an ass.  LOL!  J/K brother. Wink)

Ha ha.... Dremel goddess... okay I like it and must make this happen... but what's with the small " G " ?!  lol  Grin

JediSeth does make awesome blade plugs and is getting really good at saber customizations/builds.

Umm... I think that I'm not going to address that black stain on Rev's previous friendly and helpful Forum reputation.  But then again since he is a Sith... he just may consider that a mark of badassness ( new word ) ...and I know that you will do this for me if I'm ever in need.  Wink

I could see this being found in an old cache of Jedi/Sith artifacts... Yeah, the provenance could become its own story  Wink
Wonderfully done!

Thanks !  Honestly the thought had crossed my mind regarding suggesting that other members write a tall tale about this saber... as sort of a storyteller challenge.  Would be interesting to get multiple impressions and histories.  And especially since it actually started out as a red bladed Sith saber then spontaneously changed to a green with white FoC one.  Surely that should get any writer's imaginative juices flowing. Cheesy

Thanks so much again to all those who have taken the time to leave a comment.  Any suggestions or sharing of trade secrets are always appreciated.  I'm a bit stuck regarding what custom to do next... as I look at my limited saber style choices.  Just keep in mind that I live in an apartment and any dremel noise sounds like the dentist is in the house lol.  Grin

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »

Spectacular job D7,  Very nice work!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »

Just keep in mind that I live in an apartment and any dremel noise sounds like the dentist is in the house lol.  Grin

To be fair, it sounds like that in whatever space you use it in.  I do my work in an apartment as well.  Put on something fun to watch, and try to remember not to work late at night LOL.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: