Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: MAYHEM - Destruction of an Aeon v3  (Read 17854 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »

To be fair, it sounds like that in whatever space you use it in.  I do my work in an apartment as well.  Put on something fun to watch, and try to remember not to work late at night LOL.

Perhaps I am overly sensitive that I don't annoy others too much.  Some tenants like to complain... while their dogs are barking and children screaming/playing while dropping objects that sound like bowling balls above my ceiling at all hours of the day and night.  I even call one child " Thumper " so that I have some distorted fond relationship with him.  Roll Eyes

But my long balcony gives me a view of the ocean and mountains so it's a great trade off.  lol Smiley

Today.  Tongue  ... perhaps not the best bragging photo as the mountains are mostly hidden... but it's sunny and warmish.  Grin

Burj Ironside
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »

D7 this is truely amazing.  I’ve been creeping on this project before I even joined the forum and I’m so impressed with the finished product. The attention to detail is incredible. Overall awesome job!

I’m a guitar tech by trade and have been scanning my bench all day for spare parts that I can use as aesthetic mods for when my saber finally gets here (looking like Thursday!). This is definitely an inspiriation, as well as many of the custom savers I’ve seen so far on here, to get cracking on something right away.

Again great job!

"The Dark Side? I've been there. Do your worst."

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2018, 09:16:45 PM »

But my long balcony gives me a view of the ocean and mountains so it's a great trade off.  lol Smiley

Today.  Tongue  ... perhaps not the best bragging photo as the mountains are mostly hidden... but it's sunny and warmish.  Grin

That view!

I get that.  But I think as long as you're not drilling too early, or too late, what do they really have to complain about.  I can also attest that while it can be heard through thinnish walls, it's not terrible even then, so walls between apartments shouldn't be too bad.  My roommate doesn't complain that she can't hear her tv or music over it, so yeah.  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:50:24 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »

Thanks Illyiss.  Good to know.  That sound part is always on my mind which puts an unwanted pressure on me to focus and get the saber completed or leave it alone and give the tenants a break.  So far no one has said anything about the dremel sound but I don't want a notice under my door to come see the manager about an issue.  Because that would be the end to my customizations.  Cry

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2018, 09:40:46 PM »

D7 this is truely amazing.  I’ve been creeping on this project before I even joined the forum and I’m so impressed with the finished product. The attention to detail is incredible. Overall awesome job!

I’m a guitar tech by trade and have been scanning my bench all day for spare parts that I can use as aesthetic mods for when my saber finally gets here (looking like Thursday!). This is definitely an inspiriation, as well as many of the custom savers I’ve seen so far on here, to get cracking on something right away.

Again great job!

Thanks so much BI and welcome to this Forum community.  I'm sure that there are lots of items/parts on your bench that will be a great find for saber customs.  When I first started I was the reigning " 0 rings " queen lol.  It's taken me years to get to this stage of confidence.  Unfortunately many of our distinguished saber builders and customizers cannot show their impressive work... unless it is done on an Ultrasaber.  But make use of their experience and talents as they all love to share ideas and discuss sabers.  Ask questions and there is no too simple of a request for those that are dedicated to saber crafting.  Smiley

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »

That is one fine fine creation D7. +1

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2018, 10:27:28 PM »

Insane!! Great job!

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2018, 11:20:52 PM »

Great view D7!  Amazing!

Burj Ironside: Great to read!  I'm looking forward to seeing your wares. Smiley 

Everyone starts somewhere, and that's exactly the right attitude.

+1 for that awesome tidbit, and welcome to the forum...

...now back to your regularly scheduled Mayhem.  Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Burj Ironside
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2018, 02:08:03 AM »

Thanks for the tips and the welcome D7. “We shall watch your career with great interest”  Cool

Great view D7!  Amazing!

Burj Ironside: Great to read!  I'm looking forward to seeing your wares. Smiley 

Everyone starts somewhere, and that's exactly the right attitude.

+1 for that awesome tidbit, and welcome to the forum...

...now back to your regularly scheduled Mayhem.  Tongue

Thank you Rapine! And on a side note, everyone feel free to throw whichever point you like! Wouldn’t want the scale to tip too far out of balance... Roll Eyes

"The Dark Side? I've been there. Do your worst."

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 03:17:53 AM »

Happy to have finally seen this - great story of the process and the result is stunning.
I'm a huge fan of the acidic lime green color and have a few personal hilts with it.

Definitely a hilt to be proud of.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2018, 04:19:13 AM »

Thanks so much Drahcir !  Your customizations and personal assistance gave me my very first inspirations and the bravery needed to even consider taking a power tool and paint to a saber.  You continue to inspire, amaze and challenge me to create something different each time... through watching the many avenues your artistic vision takes you.  

I will always be most grateful.  Smiley

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2018, 04:38:34 AM »

Wonderful work D7, I know I have seen this before and commented but I guess not on this particular thread, so again fantastic, truly inspired mod.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

Still lurking my way around but this one is too awesome.   Shocked
I can just see the scene: big space battle between sith and jedi some poor sucker blown into space and this saber drifting off in the debris, floating around for a millennia or two before clipping the atmosphere of some distant world and blazing through the sky where it is seen by a curious force sensitive child who goes out and finds it.
Yes yes alright I have an over-active imagination  Grin but awesome things send sparks flitting through my brain.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »

Thanks so much... DBTD, BT25, LR, Edon and Xamon.  Smiley

Xamon... That's a great start to a backstory for this saber !  Grin

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2018, 10:12:31 PM »

Well all yours to do with as you wish, just if you sell a book based on it I want some royalties.  Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: