Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: changing sound fonts on new diamond saber  (Read 4729 times)
973kgt
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 02, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »

So I purchased a few sound fonts on saberfonts.com and downloaded a few others. I'm totally new to this since it's my first saber(diamond). From what I am gathering I need to convert these audio files from saberfont with a program called Audacity. The ones I downloaded for the obsidian sound fonts are a different file type than the diamond controller sound font is looking for. What do I do about that or am I just stuck with the standard stuff for now.

Also is it possible for the diamond saber to do spins sound effects when you spin your saber?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sudu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:12:38 PM »

The Ultrasabers launcher can import either LSU or WAV.
If the files you downloaded are already in wav, all you need to do is make sure the sample rate is 48000.

Here's how I've done it:
  • Create a new folder, call it 48k
  • Open Audacity
  • Ctrl+A to select all your soundfont's files, drag and drop them into Audacity
  • They'll each show up as their own track and it might say something like Mono, 22050Hz, 16-bit PCM
  • Do not hit Play!
  • Assuming the sample rates are something other than 48000Hz, you'll need to fix them. To do this, (I'd first change the Project Rate in the bottom left just to be safe) Ctrl+A to select all tracks, go to Tracks->Resample, and select 48000.
  • To export everything, Ctrl+Shift+L and export everything into the folder you created.
  • Now you'll need to make your Diamond font. You can either start from scratch, or choose a default font as a starting point.
  • Connect your saber to the Ultrasabers Launcher and open the Diamond font wizard. For simplicity, use the Express wizard to quickly create a placeholder with some colors you like. Now you can go into the Advanced wizard, select the slot where you wanted the new font, and from there you can swap out each effect's sounds for your new ones. An important thing to note with the Diamond editor is that sound and RGBW effects are linked together as one Effect. So for best results, you can tweak the RGBW animations to be about the same duration as the audio.
  • After you've added all your new sounds, you shoud save the font to your computer, and finally click Write Effects. Your saber will reboot, and you can unplug it and test it out!

May the Force be with you!  Smiley

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 09:52:21 PM »

I've converted all of my old obsidian fonts to wav 48000 for my diamond board. It doesn't let me load the fonts. They're all greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 02:19:24 AM »

I figured it out lol

EvilOttoJr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 05:09:36 AM »

I put up a tutorial a while ago on a very quick and easy way of doing this exact thing.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37244.0

Personally I think it's a lot faster and simpler than using Audacity.

Sudu's tip on using the Express Launcher to do most of the legwork is really good though; I do the same thing.

Current collection:
Emperor's Hand (Diamond, White AV Switch)
Dark Initiate V4 (Arctic Blue) (Mystery Box @RTX)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Silver) (Mystery Box Online)
And some OLD Ultrasabers!
Elder (Orange) (Copper Tube)
Tempest (Red) (PVC curved double-blade, complete hilt rebuild)
Archon V1 (Green) (PVC, hilt needs rebuilt)
Nemesis (Blue) (hilt rebuilt as sink tube)

Wishlist: Prophecy (Diamond), Quick Detach Coupler

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 01:20:54 PM »

I've converted all of my old obsidian fonts to wav 48000 for my diamond board. It doesn't let me load the fonts. They're all greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

saw it! and was very helpful! However, audacity was helpful for editing some sound board bits I wanted to create into a font. Both were useful. Thank you!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »

Absolutely EvilOttoJr; MediaHuman is the way to go.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »

I put up a tutorial a while ago on a very quick and easy way of doing this exact thing.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37244.0

Sudu's tip on using the Express Launcher to do most of the legwork is really good though; I do the same thing.

Thank you for that, going to use it. Have a point

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: