Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mak'Tor - background information...  (Read 12923 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 05:08:43 PM »

*****   RETCON  *****

OK, guys, I was talking over this political system with my wife and she pointed something out to me: The population of M'Tzigon is REALLY small for a successul colony that's been around for literally THOUSANDS of years! The colony was founded in 2500 BBY, so its a little over 2500 years old.  There should be more than 20 million people on the planet...

So...   Updated population numbers for M'Tzigon...

The actual population of the planet is 653,778,034  persons.  Just over half of these live in the Arvon Vale, along the M'Ar'Quette river.  Cantons are still created for areas with about 100,000 people in them.  So, there are actually 6,612 cantons spread across the 23 Provinces of M'Tzigon.  Of those, 3,518 cantons are in the Arvon Vale, generally centered on towns and villages along the river or in the various side-valleys that feed into the Vale.  (If you want to visualize this area, think Wales)

The Planetary Assembly is increased to 500 seats (change from 250).  Each district therefore serves approximately 1.3 million constituents. Districts are apportioned strictly by population and are made up of adjoining cantons, usually 12 to 14.  Districts are apportioned without regard to Provincial boarders, so there are a few that straddle two Provinces.

No other changes, but some of the Provincial Assemblies are quite large and very unwieldy.  This is generally not considered a problem as virtually all critical services are maintained at the Canton level.

As for the Mak'Tor...   They've been on-planet for 600 years and their overall population is pretty large, but they have a very high attrition rate among the Knights and while they don't discourage relationships many of them don't get married or have children simply because of the nature of their work.  So the Order is still small - less than 1000 Knights - but there are a LOT of healers.  Virtually every medical facility on the planet has at least one Mak'Tor healer in residence, and most have several.  The combination of high-tech devices, droids, highly trained doctors and song-sensitive healers had made M'Tzigon medical standards extremely high. 3/4 of the training facilities in the province of M'Skigon are dedicated to healing arts, rather than to the Knights.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »

****  HOLIDAYS ****

As stated in an earlier post, there are two "comp" days  built into the M'Tzigon calendar which are official holidays.  These days are known to followers of the way as S'Kar'Yom, the "Day of Thanksgiving", or simply as "Comp" to the bulk of the secular population.  The days are also often referred to as "Yom", the day before as "Yom'Eve" or "S'Kar'Eve"

How do the "Comp" holidays work?   They're essentially like Christmas and Thanksgiving rolled into one.  On the eve before the holiday, religious folks attend Vesper services that are times of reflection on the previous half-year, a time of giving thanks and offering praise to the Maker for His provision.  The Holiday itself is a time of feasting, gathering with family and friends, and giving and receiving gifts.

S'Kar'Yom Eve services are traditionally held in the early afternoon, but some temples offer them in the morning, others right at sunset or immediately afterward.  Tradition has evolved that the two days are combined to into a two-day holiday, which is then immediately followed by another official holiday, the first day of Month I (New Year's Day) and the first day of Month XIII (Renewal).

There is also a two-day holiday mid-summer, celebrated on VI-IV-VII - VII-I-I and XVIII-IV-VII - XIX-I-I and known as the "Fire Festival".  This is basically just celebrated as a mid-summer holiday, a chance to take a break and go to the beach (or one of the many cool mountain lake resorts).

Reference Link for calendar info:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37079.msg620959#msg620959

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »

Wow! There's a lot here in regard to the History of the Mak'Tor! This clarifies a lot of the questions I had that I messaged you about... Not a lot of info on the period in question, but it's something to note Wink

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 06:08:36 PM »

That is very helpful info Karm. thanks for posting this.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 06:56:11 PM »

Thanks guys!

Please note that the Mak'Tor live on M'Tzigon as of 600 BBY, but the M'Tzigon Republic has been around for 2300 years aproximately.  :-)  Just a reminder that they're not the same.  (Yes, this is my mini-version of the Jedi and the Republic.  Sorry!  :-)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »

No need to apologize, I love it!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2018, 09:15:59 PM »

Thanks guys!

Please note that the Mak'Tor live on M'Tzigon as of 600 BBY, but the M'Tzigon Republic has been around for 2300 years aproximately.  :-)  Just a reminder that they're not the same.  (Yes, this is my mini-version of the Jedi and the Republic.  Sorry!  :-)

For verification, the thing we discussed would be super-early stages approximately 1650 years before the M'Tzigon, correct? (3964 BBY)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »

Yup.  The Mak'Tor order itself is ancient, on Coruscant, as we discussed. 

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 10:29:19 PM »

Got it! Thank you!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 10:43:59 PM »

And here is another thread I forgot to add to the list. Embarrassed Definitely needs to be in there though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 11:11:21 PM »

*waves hands frantically at moderators*

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: