Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Any fans of Empire at War?  (Read 2195 times)
28Shadow
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

Dark Side points please!

« on: January 04, 2018, 09:14:25 PM »

I've probably played hundreds of hours of this game back in the day, just picked it back up just the other day and sunk 20 hours in a galactic conquest campaign.

Crushing everything as the Empire never gets old Smiley

"Let the past die.  Kill it, if you have to."

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:05:05 PM »

I certainly enjoyed the game, and I even got the expansion too.  I think I even got a T-shirt(that I still have) when buying one of them.

I always played the Rebels, and would almost exclusively play the space part of the game rather than the ground.  Was more fun to me.  When I needed to to ground battles I'd just use the Rebels ability to send in Raid Fleets of 3 ground units and just take out ground forces in an auto battle.  Would soften that planet up for a real fleet to come in and wreck the station.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

28Shadow
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

Dark Side points please!

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »

I certainly enjoyed the game, and I even got the expansion too.  I think I even got a T-shirt(that I still have) when buying one of them.

I always played the Rebels, and would almost exclusively play the space part of the game rather than the ground.  Was more fun to me.  When I needed to to ground battles I'd just use the Rebels ability to send in Raid Fleets of 3 ground units and just take out ground forces in an auto battle.  Would soften that planet up for a real fleet to come in and wreck the station.

Planet side combat was certainly the weakest part.  I always played Empire so would simply throw AT-ATs at the planet until it fell, which usually did not take much.

"Let the past die.  Kill it, if you have to."

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 05:52:12 PM »

Planet side combat was certainly the weakest part.  I always played Empire so would simply throw AT-ATs at the planet until it fell, which usually did not take much.

Yes it was, which is why I liked that Rebels could bypass it pretty well.

I would send in the Raid Fleets with 1 light tank unit, 1 heavy tank unit, and an artillery unit.  Usually a couple of these was enough to almost completely cripple a planet's ground defenses, or at least take out their cannon so my fleet didn't have to worry about it.  Made the space fights a lot easier.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 09:44:30 PM »

I love it! Even created several modified .meg files for Rebels, Imperials and Tyber Zann's Consortium....mainly to reduce costs and eliminate that population value Tongue Man, that was some work to find and modify the correct lines in a hex editor...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

EmmyV
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 33

I do dig giant robots

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »

YES! Rise of the Mandalorians and Empire of the hand are my favorite mods! If you have not tried them I highly recommend them!!!!!

Living Here In Jersey
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots
Nice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: