Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Last Jedi~ theory's and opinions  (Read 3832 times)
JimmyJam
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »

Hello my fellow Jedi, Sith, Rebels and Imperials, I hope the New Year is starting off good for you.
   Any way I'm curious on your thoughts and opinions of the Last Jedi and what is coming next.
My theory is now that Kylo Ren is the Supreme Leader and he and Rey killed off Snokes guards that the Knights of Ren will be his guards and play a bigger role.
   Remember when he was at Lukes Jedi school he killed off all the other students, but he took a handful with him, those I think are the Knights of Ren. I think they will travel thru the galaxy on missions doing Kylos bidding. Remember they were Jedi students, so I think they know the Force and how to use it.
   Now before anyone says that they were killed, that was a premonition in the force that Rey had, but those are not always exactly correct. That I think was a few of either the past or the future. Plus that would give rise to more Sith to leave the world and universe of Star Wars open dumor interpretation for future films and solo film releases.
   So what do you think?

Points Please.

I fear no man, no beast, I serve no master... for I am the shadows, the darkness, I am the SITH.
   ~Lord Maelstrom~

Sabers: Raven Super Sith

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with your premise.  Remember Kylo in the lift, smashing his helmet.  He "killed" his former identity of Kylo Ren, the one he created as the shadow of Vader.  He killed Snoke, intended to kill EVERYTHING.  I think if Rey had joined him he may even have killed the First Order along with the remnants of the Rebellion.  "Forget the past.  Kill it if you have to."

The Knights of Ren are part of the past that Kylo killed.  However, as Luke said, he's not going to be able to shake his ghosts.  Luke, Han, Leia, ... they're all going to haunt him until he either reconciles himself to Ben Solo (and in the process comes back to the Light) or is killed.

I suspect more the latter, as the Star Wars tradition tends to favor the phyrric victory when a great Knight falls to the Dark and then eventually comes back.  He returns - but it is only to die "in the light".

Luke is gone, I THINK Rey has the core Jedi texts on the Falcon and understands that she is the Last Jedi, and can rebuild the order into something that can serve the light.  I hope more along the "Gray" model, but who knows?  And I expect that the final show-down between Kylo and Rey is going to be spectacular. 

Episode IX will be amazing, I think.  A fitting end as well as a launching pad for a new generation of Star Wars stories.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 06:24:58 PM »

I am more in agreement with Karm's "prophecy" as to what is going to happen. But I also don't agree that the Knights of Ren are gone. And those weren't the Knights of Ren that were dead in Rey's vision. But as to what role the KoR will play? I'm not yet sure. I do agree that Rey will be the instigator of a "new" Jedi order, whether that follows more the beliefs of the Gray Jedi or of the fallen Jedi Order, we won't know, though I suspect the former. I'm pretty sure that Leia will either die at the beginning of Ep. IX or else already be dead, and they will explain that in the opening crawl.

One thing that I am wondering about it how did the remainder of the Resistance fit onto the Falcon? I mean, it isn't that big of a ship.

And do you guys think there will be more of the Porgs seen in Ep. IX, since there are still some on the Falcon? Or maybe Chewie got the courage up to finally eat them all. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:10:59 PM »

LOL  I felt sorry for Chewie.  Especially since he and an AWESOME golden skin on that roasted Porg.  Made me hungry!

(Yes, I am PETA all the way - People Eating Tasty Animals!)

Good point on the KoR.  They may show up again.  I can't help but wonder if there won't be more "lost" Jedi as well.  Even the canon has a few of them salted away here and there, after all.  Who's to say other Jedi haven't trained a padawan or two along the way?

BTW, did any of you catch the little bit at the end, when the servant boy drew the broom handle to his hand with the force?  Future padawan for Rey, anyone?  Hmmm.....

As for the resistance fitting on the Falcon - its a cargo ship.  They could probably pack quite a few people on board for a short hop.  As long as they didn't have to live in her for a long time, they'd be good.
Or there might have been another ship nearby? 

Or, yeah.   Use the Force!  LOL 

*Taegin, you ARE NOT supposed to notice things like that!  C'mon!*  :-)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »

I think the KoR was created by Snoke to give him a corps of force soldiers not a serious movement/organisation. Doubtless the others are around but most likely just posted across the first order fleet.

I don't think Kylo is stable enough to know what he his doing, he has a tendency to just focus on some thing, first his father and Luke, then Snoke, now the resistance and Rey as the source of all his problems and set out to purge it, he externalises hate but has no real long term plan. I think he'll just go nuts trying to kill Rey and waste the First Orders potential and resources doing it.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »

I think the KoR was created by Snoke to give him a corps of force soldiers not a serious movement/organisation. Doubtless the others are around but most likely just posted across the first order fleet.

I don't think Kylo is stable enough to know what he his doing, he has a tendency to just focus on some thing, first his father and Luke, then Snoke, now the resistance and Rey as the source of all his problems and set out to purge it, he externalises hate but has no real long term plan. I think he'll just go nuts trying to kill Rey and waste the First Orders potential and resources doing it.

Most likely.  And focusing on Rey will let the Resistance and the Republic reform and prevail.  Classic 'fatal flaw'.  :-)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »

LOL  I felt sorry for Chewie.  Especially since he and an AWESOME golden skin on that roasted Porg.  Made me hungry!

(Yes, I am PETA all the way - People Eating Tasty Animals!)

*Taegin, you ARE NOT supposed to notice things like that!  C'mon!*  :-)

I know. Although, I feel like it was almost too perfect for a campfire cook. Still, looked like it should have tasted good.

*sorry, that is just the kind of thing I notice Roll Eyes *

Seems like a very good assumption, but it is JJ who is directing the next one, so he may go a whole different direction than we are expecting.

LMychajluk
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »

Wasn't there a line in the movie said by someone after landing on Craite that there were only 40 or so (Rebels) left out of 400? Then there was the battle, in which it seemed like they lost at least 1/2 of those folks. By the time they got to the Falcon, I don't think there were more than 15-20 Rebels left.  Tongue

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »

Wasn't there a line in the movie said by someone after landing on Craite that there were only 40 or so (Rebels) left out of 400? Then there was the battle, in which it seemed like they lost at least 1/2 of those folks. By the time they got to the Falcon, I don't think there were more than 15-20 Rebels left.  Tongue

Maybe so, I don't remember for sure.

I honestly think that the thing I hated most about TLJ was that they killed Ackbar. I mean seriously, why would you kill him.

JimmyJam
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 03:01:27 AM »

I think the thing I hated the most was Leia superman flying thru space, like wtf all of a sudden she's an expert with the force.

Points Please.

I fear no man, no beast, I serve no master... for I am the shadows, the darkness, I am the SITH.
   ~Lord Maelstrom~

Sabers: Raven Super Sith

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 03:08:52 AM »

I think the thing I hated the most was Leia superman flying thru space, like wtf all of a sudden she's an expert with the force.

Yeah, that was pretty bad, but I think it was more of the way they showed it rather than the actual scene.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 01:35:02 AM »

*Spoilers ahead* I mean, duh of course there are, are spoilers even allowed on this forum? I guess they are, *ahem* here we go...

What bothered me probably the most about the film was how it severely limits the potential for what is to come. Rey is already vastly powerful to a point that Kylo wishes he could be in his wildest dreams so she'll make easy work of him. The Resistance is virtually gone but surely they can scrape up a fleet from the entire galaxy that doesn't want to be under the heel of the First Order. To be brutally honest, I'm not too excited for it, but I'll hold my judgment till the trailers start coming.

Was anybody else bothered by the almost criminal lack of character development in the movie? We have zero knowledge of who Snoke was, Phasma once again is nothing more than shiny eye candy, and Rey somehow has Force-Unleashed style powers without a single Jedi lesson. I think my overall emotion regarding Disney Star Wars so far has been pure confusion.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 02:16:17 AM »

They'll go gray.
They'll have Kylo and Rey work together for something that they will each be uniquely positioned.
I suspect they'll say this is the way of things and there is no good and evil, just differing methods.

Spoilers for the book Bloodline... shows a galaxy that is full of people who fear the Empire and people who want the Empire back with a 'better leader'. As if the right leader makes it okay to dominate everyone 'for their own good'. The First Order was secretly funded by many planets within the New Republic as well as senators representing the most extreme Centrists. This is as much a political battle between Centrists and Populists as it is the Light and Dark.

I suspect they will end the Rebels and all large power forces to reach 'balance' or they will have the Rebels come to grips with the First Order being in control and just work as individuals for good within the system, as if there is no need to fight the powerful, but to persuade peacefully. The battle here is Centrist vs Populist. I mean Rey isn't struggling with the darkside at all beyond boohoo parents. Jump right in the darkside hole with no consequence besides lonely, oh so lonely. Kylo isn't even really a Sith, nor a true darksider. He's been convinced the dark offers something, but we don't know what. What's his beef? He didn't want to kill his father, so he had no anger to drive him to it. He just drank Snoke's koolaid. This is not a story about inner turmoil like Luke's original trilogy position. Whatever they do from here, I suspect holes in motivations just like what I've seen so far.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 02:32:12 AM »

I mean Rey isn't struggling with the darkside at all beyond boohoo parents. Jump right in the darkside hole with no consequence besides lonely, oh so lonely. Kylo isn't even really a Sith, nor a true darksider. He's been convinced the dark offers something, but we don't know what. What's his beef? He didn't want to kill his father, so he had no anger to drive him to it. He just drank Snoke's koolaid. This is not a story about inner turmoil like Luke's original trilogy position. Whatever they do from here, I suspect holes in motivations just like what I've seen so far.

I wholeheartedly buy all of this. I get that they are deliberately doing things to seemingly scream "the Skywalker saga is over!" but it's like they don't exactly know how to fill the void and have it gel with what we've come to know as Star Wars. The first 6 episodes did a pretty good job of establishing the boundaries and storylines and I think that in the rush to make something different they've gone too far off base. If you stray too far from the central path then the less it makes sense.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 03:09:08 AM »

Someone mentioned the Disney spin. Look at the animated films they've put out going all the way back to Snow White. It's usually the same theme just with different looking characters on a different looking stage; the disenfranchised underdog prevails just because good is supposed to conquer evil. Good and evil are the characters; it really doesn't matter who the vessels are. Disney is more eye candy than substance.

I don't know a whole lot about SW canon, so I'm just speculating based on TLJ. I know that Kylo appeared to have some pretty strong powers at the beginning of TLJ, but did Ben Solo COMPLETE his training under Luke before he went AWOL? I wonder if Ren and Rey will have somewhat of a 'come to Jedi' meeting over the books she rescued from the tree and start to develop some super Jedi combo, continuing their duo defeat of Snoke, that makes it appear that he will go Light?

OR he may be drawn to Rey because he finds out she has the books and he goes double agent to get close to them and to try again to draw her to the Dark? Maybe when Rey finds out that she's also a Solo (my speculation based on the Force talk she shared with Ren AND the look she and Leia shared at the end), she becomes angry at Leia for leaving her/never telling her and at Ren for killing her father that she starts to get some Darkside points. This would setup a new and interesting conflict because EVERY Jedi has to flirt for real with the Darkside, right? (and not just the lonely self reflection). If she did this, who would be able to draw her back to the Light? The only possibility is Leia, her mother. Otherwise, Rey is just like every other empty Disney character; she can do anything regardless of her weaknesses or questionable background just because that's the propaganda/positive message the studio wants to convey?

Let's not forget that Leia is really Ren's mother. What happens if they have a face to face? It would probably be much different than the meeting with Han. What if Leia finds herself having to face off with both of her children? Even if Rey is not Leia's, she has to be somebody. I'm starting to go down a speculative hole I can't reconcile, so I'll leave it there.

I'm not excited about the little stable boy and what it could mean. It's just more Disney outcast/underdog/orphan hokum waiting to hatch.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: