Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Questions about SWTOR  (Read 4874 times)
Buddy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: January 08, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »

I have been really considering going back to SWTOR. I used to run the guild <Evil League of Evil> as Badh0rse. I was in the beta and played for a couple of years .... if I was to return how hard is it to catch up to endgame? I am not really interested in PvP .. I just like to tank raids. I would also like some old or new friends to play with! Any info at all is appreciated guys.

"If we crave some cosmic purpose ... then let us find ourselves a worthy goal."  Carl Sagan

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:14:57 PM »

At this point, they have measures in place that are intended to speed you along to endgame.  There are XP boosts and generous amounts of experience given for Weekly and Daily missions (my personal choice is Veteran Flashpoints), as well as items such as Outlander Tokens to create L60 or L65 toons right off the bat.  There's also a new item called the Master's Datacron, which boosts a character immediately to L70 and provides him/her a set of gear (as well as your starship).  More info about that here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaBvZE-SSlI

Once you hit L70, you start on Galactic Command, which basically gives you advancement past that.  The ranks currently go from 1-300, divided into four Tiers of endgame gear.  When you first hit L70, you'll be in Tier 1, so you will be hoping to get set bonus gear with a rating of 230.  IIRC, Tier 2 has set bonus gear at 236, Tier 3 has 242, and Tier 4 has 248.  You'll get these items randomly via crates after every new rank is achieved.  People were pretty annoyed at first with the Galactic Command system, but the devs really have gone out of their way to adjust it and make it work.  At this point, I think it functions pretty well, and the game as a whole is pretty fun.  Give it a try!

BTW, what server were you on?  They've done some rearranging...

Buddy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:33:44 AM »

At this point, they have measures in place that are intended to speed you along to endgame.  There are XP boosts and generous amounts of experience given for Weekly and Daily missions (my personal choice is Veteran Flashpoints), as well as items such as Outlander Tokens to create L60 or L65 toons right off the bat.  There's also a new item called the Master's Datacron, which boosts a character immediately to L70 and provides him/her a set of gear (as well as your starship).  More info about that here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaBvZE-SSlI

Once you hit L70, you start on Galactic Command, which basically gives you advancement past that.  The ranks currently go from 1-300, divided into four Tiers of endgame gear.  When you first hit L70, you'll be in Tier 1, so you will be hoping to get set bonus gear with a rating of 230.  IIRC, Tier 2 has set bonus gear at 236, Tier 3 has 242, and Tier 4 has 248.  You'll get these items randomly via crates after every new rank is achieved.  People were pretty annoyed at first with the Galactic Command system, but the devs really have gone out of their way to adjust it and make it work.  At this point, I think it functions pretty well, and the game as a whole is pretty fun.  Give it a try!

BTW, what server were you on?  They've done some rearranging...

We were on a couple .... Corellian Run and Shadow something. I am going to DL it again, I love Star Wars and mmo's. It has been so long I will prob have to choose new server really. I had a Sith Jugg tank and a Marauder for PvP. I was going to be jedi but my whole guild was for sith .... damn mutiny. Worked out great though .... turns out I absolutely love the Jugg!

"If we crave some cosmic purpose ... then let us find ourselves a worthy goal."  Carl Sagan

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:23:40 AM »

Worked out great though .... turns out I absolutely love the Jugg!
I started to play a few months ago (though not very regular) and tried a few classes so far (Jedi Sage - Balance, Scoundrel - Ruffian, Sith Warrior - Juggernaut, Powertech - Pyrotech).
The Juggernaut really is fun to play (I like it second most so far), but I recommend you give the Powertech a try, too:
It even has a Hadoken ('regular' Rocket Punch) / Flaming Hadoken (Pyrotech's Flaming Fist) -> How cool it that Grin ?

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:24:18 PM »

We were on a couple .... Corellian Run and Shadow something. I am going to DL it again, I love Star Wars and mmo's. It has been so long I will prob have to choose new server really. I had a Sith Jugg tank and a Marauder for PvP. I was going to be jedi but my whole guild was for sith .... damn mutiny. Worked out great though .... turns out I absolutely love the Jugg!

Jugg is awesome, one of my favorite specs recently is the Vengeance Jugg.  My main is Guardian though.

FYI, they combined servers recently, so there are only two for the US - Star Forge and Satele Shan.  You'll end up in one of those most likely (unless I'm mistaken and you're in another country).

Buddy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:12:44 PM »

Jugg is awesome, one of my favorite specs recently is the Vengeance Jugg.  My main is Guardian though.

FYI, they combined servers recently, so there are only two for the US - Star Forge and Satele Shan.  You'll end up in one of those most likely (unless I'm mistaken and you're in another country).

I am East Coast USA .... is one server better than the other? Is there a certain server members of this forum use? Oh ... will I get to choose my server? lol Hopefully I will see some of you in game! I really need to stop playing so much PUBG anyway .... becoming an adrenaline junkie.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:08:48 PM »

I am East Coast USA .... is one server better than the other? Is there a certain server members of this forum use? Oh ... will I get to choose my server? lol Hopefully I will see some of you in game! I really need to stop playing so much PUBG anyway .... becoming an adrenaline junkie.

You'll probably be assigned to a server based on where your characters were previously.  I started out on Tarro Blood, then ended up moved to Shadowlands, and I'm now on Starforge primarily.

Buddy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 12:00:33 AM »

You'll probably be assigned to a server based on where your characters were previously.  I started out on Tarro Blood, then ended up moved to Shadowlands, and I'm now on Starforge primarily.

Got in the game and was really surprised .... 120fps and smooth. Game always ran wonky in the past .... apparently they just needed like 6 years! lol Turns out I am on starforge .. activated my Jugg ... feeling good. Name is Bad-Horse ... maybe will see you around.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: