Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Therapy  (Read 2487 times)
LightAndDark
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« on: January 08, 2018, 08:44:58 PM »

So I'm finally getting therapy after 4 years of Severe Depression, social anxiety, Psychosis, suicidal thoughts, self harm, and plainly put no will to live anymore. I've pretty much just been dealing with all these things all on my own with almost no help. I was suicidal for almost a year and a half straight and even made suicidal plans at school almost every other day and even planned on bringing a knife to school and do it in one of the restrooms there, was seeing things that were telling me that I needed to save the world, believed that everyone could hear my thoughts, that I had healing powers and could heal others with my mind, couldn't trust my own parents because I believed that they were part of the government and were doing experiments on me when I was asleep. I kept all these things to myself, although the things I were seeing were actually really the only emotional support I had, they cared for me and it was almost impossible for me to let go of them because they were the only things keeping me going. I know that I've posted here on this subject before but I'm making my story told here because really when I began opening up to other people about it, they would look at me funny and walk away from me, making me really feel alone. I had a very hard time really even talking to other people and I found it hard to even speak at some points. I had a few session of therapy with various therapists and was on a medication called zoloft, but neither really helped me. I couldnt tell my therapists about the things I was seeing and the beliefs I was having because I knew that If I told them, they would lock me up and I wouldnt be able to save the world. Ive come a long way just being on my own and finding my own ways of coping. Ive been in physical therapy like massage therapy and chiropractic care which helped heal my body of all the physical symptoms of depression like tight muscles from all the stress chemicals, which resulted to poor circulation to my head, and I have chiropractic care because I had my head slouched all the time, giving me a problem with one of my vertebras and gave me constant headaches all the time. The headaches have gone away and the tight muscles I had are mostly all gone, I had to break free of the delusions I was having and found a way to make the hallucinations stop all on my own. It took a huge toll on me and I am going into therapy to tell my whole story to get myself back on track with life as I find it extremely difficult to keep going most days, Ive also become almost completely emotionally numb and find it very hard to feel joy in my life as well. I also find it very hard to trust my parents to this day. I still have thoughts of suicide but they barely even phase me anymore as Ive become very used to them. I hope this goes well......

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:03:32 PM »

I commend you for taking that step - more people suffer from mental health issues than you know.  Currently, I take Zoloft for depression.  While it has helped me immensely, it's not the solution for everyone!  You're taking active measures to make yourself better, and that's the only true key to progress.

May the Force be with you, friend.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:12:03 AM »

I'm glad to hear you're seeking help. Accepting that you need to see a professional is a hard thing for a lot of people to do, so you're on the right track!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 11:10:23 AM »

You are not alone my friend. I have suffered from depression and thoughts of suicide since I was about 6 years old.
I'm now 39 and although I did slice my inner forearm with a razor-blade 11 years ago, I'm still here.
I still have depression and suicidal thoughts to this day. Please keep in mind I was found and rushed to an emergency room where I received 28 stitches and was told that had I cut half an inch more I would have lost the use of my hand. What I'm saying is, life would have been so much worse. I've seen too many people botch a suicide attempt and spend the rest of life in a hell they couldn't possibly imagine before. Luckily I can use my hand still or else this saber stuff would be pretty lame. I still have to see a nasty 8 inch scar everyday though, and it is depressing every single time I look at it.
I have been in and out of therapy since I was 10 years old and for what it's worth, I would recommend telling your therapist everything or they wont be able to help you. I commend you for being so open and honest here. Thank you. I hope things get better for you soon.

EmmyV
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 33

I do dig giant robots

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:50:36 PM »

Wow kudos to you for taking that step. Keep going, and keep doing awesome!

Living Here In Jersey
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant robot car
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots
Nice.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 03:21:52 AM »

So I'm finally getting therapy after 4 years of Severe Depression, social anxiety, Psychosis, suicidal thoughts, self harm, and plainly put no will to live anymore. I've pretty much just been dealing with all these things all on my own with almost no help. I was suicidal for almost a year and a half straight and even made suicidal plans at school almost every other day and even planned on bringing a knife to school and do it in one of the restrooms there, was seeing things that were telling me that I needed to save the world, believed that everyone could hear my thoughts, that I had healing powers and could heal others with my mind, couldn't trust my own parents because I believed that they were part of the government and were doing experiments on me when I was asleep. I kept all these things to myself, although the things I were seeing were actually really the only emotional support I had, they cared for me and it was almost impossible for me to let go of them because they were the only things keeping me going. I know that I've posted here on this subject before but I'm making my story told here because really when I began opening up to other people about it, they would look at me funny and walk away from me, making me really feel alone. I had a very hard time really even talking to other people and I found it hard to even speak at some points. I had a few session of therapy with various therapists and was on a medication called zoloft, but neither really helped me. I couldnt tell my therapists about the things I was seeing and the beliefs I was having because I knew that If I told them, they would lock me up and I wouldnt be able to save the world. Ive come a long way just being on my own and finding my own ways of coping. Ive been in physical therapy like massage therapy and chiropractic care which helped heal my body of all the physical symptoms of depression like tight muscles from all the stress chemicals, which resulted to poor circulation to my head, and I have chiropractic care because I had my head slouched all the time, giving me a problem with one of my vertebras and gave me constant headaches all the time. The headaches have gone away and the tight muscles I had are mostly all gone, I had to break free of the delusions I was having and found a way to make the hallucinations stop all on my own. It took a huge toll on me and I am going into therapy to tell my whole story to get myself back on track with life as I find it extremely difficult to keep going most days, Ive also become almost completely emotionally numb and find it very hard to feel joy in my life as well. I also find it very hard to trust my parents to this day. I still have thoughts of suicide but they barely even phase me anymore as Ive become very used to them. I hope this goes well......

Hey bud. How have you been? Have you found a good therapist or someone to help?
Just checking in. I hope you are doing well.

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 05:13:21 AM »

Yo. Let me know you are alright. PM me if you want.  Smiley

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 04:24:21 AM »

Been thinking about you too L&D, hope things are getting better.  Really great thread members here showing support, that's why I like this place.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: