Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: NEW MEMBERS - Need an Avatar? Look here!  (Read 29040 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2020, 03:21:00 PM »

it's a bummer that tinypic is gone  Sad
I guess that makes sense, as to why all the original links just say "this picture is no longer available". Sure, it would be very cool to have something custom of course. BUT what I really want is a customized signature/banner similar to any of the types I've seen. It doesn't have to be animated, or super detailed. I like the ones that look like they are from a video game. Similar in style to Snowwinterie from previous page or TheDutchman. ThreadJack has one a lil more custom than I'm even needing, looks like it took effort? Or DarthScrub, I could work with one like that. Really, something close to the first 2, that I can chose some colors on and insert my name works perfect.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2020, 02:50:45 AM »

Never mind, figured that part out. So, I'm set up with a custom signature now! Back to figuring out a custom avatar, unless people have guidance on creating/editing one without crazy software requirements?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2020, 07:29:05 AM »

Never mind, figured that part out. So, I'm set up with a custom signature now! Back to figuring out a custom avatar, unless people have guidance on creating/editing one without crazy software requirements?

Hi Darth Prodigal,

Do you mean something along these lines?

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »

YES! That'll do quite nicely, you are a gentleman and a scholar good sir. Because that right there is just classy. If I could make it rain points I would tell you to grab an umbrella. Well played Maester Jedi, well played indeed.

Sadly, when I tried to use the image it won't display properly. I thought it was the size ratio, and tried to adjust it accordingly but apparently failed. I'm still messing around with it but so far without success.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2020, 10:12:11 AM »

Hi again,

You're welcome. You should be able to save a copy to Imgur (or whichever file sharing platform you prefer) and then link to it. I have done a few signature banners and avatars in the past for other fellow members including Darth Logos and TheDutchman whom you mentioned earlier - it helps keep my photo editing skills sharp  Cool

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2020, 10:20:12 AM »

Hi Darth Prodigal,

I found the problem you may need to delete the "s" from the URL so it starts with: http://

I just tried that and the picture shows up. Ok. If you still have problems let me know.

EDIT: Yes you got it!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2020, 10:32:44 AM »

Epic, much appreciated. Plus it was worth extra entertainment value seeing you with it temporarily on your profile as well. That moment plus aiding in Sith propaganda leaves you in danger of falling to the Dark Side. Seriously though, that would have taken me who knows how long to accomplish. I'll have to remember to check back here over several days and reward such herculean efforts with an equal amount of Light Side points... (gosh, even saying that hurt a little, feelin kinda dirty being so thankful/gracious) Now I need to go meditate with some dark music before the sun rises. Completely worth it, heck I'm even going to say it... Thank you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2020, 10:40:11 AM »

Grin Grin Grin

Yes you could say I was feeling a little off colour for a while there but I'm back in the green!
I won't be turning to the Darkside, I am too well known as a Jedi. Glad you liked the image.
I'll let you return to your browsing and meditations.

FT

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2020, 10:45:09 AM »

I won't be turning to the Darkside, I am too well known as a Jedi.
All I can say is so was Council Member and Jedi Master Dooku.

Lokiredshirt
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2023, 11:41:14 PM »

Howdy,

I was trying to add a picture and followed the steps. I see the picture pop up but when I hit change at the bottom it goes away. I am not certain what I am doing wrong.

Federation/Light side: Live Long and Prosper.
Terran Empire/Dark side: Die Poor.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: