Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Strange behavior from Diamond Controller  (Read 1229 times)
VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« on: January 09, 2018, 09:37:53 AM »

I've run into a strange issue with my Diamond controller, and I'd like to see if anyone has some ideas about troubleshooting it for fixing the probelm in future firmware updates/upgrades before I deep-six the problem font-package and start over.

If pictures are worth a thousand words, video is thirty thousand words a second:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07_i8JCCXuc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07_i8JCCXuc</a>

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:26 PM »

Hopefully you have your files saved but I think you're gonna have to reset to default. I would contact Ultrasabers first obviously but I have a feeling they will tell you the same. Did you run the diagnostics tool?

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:40:26 PM »

Hopefully you have your files saved but I think you're gonna have to reset to default. I would contact Ultrasabers first obviously but I have a feeling they will tell you the same. Did you run the diagnostics tool?

Yes I do. Have saved copies of the current fonts as well.

I'm probably going to just clear and replace the one font that I think is actually causing this before factory resetting the saber.

Diagnostics came up clean.

What I think it is, is that I'm working with near duplicate font-packages.  Clones, if you will. The Arctic Blue font was built with the express wizard, then edited to introduce the flicker, saved to disk. Then I cloned it by loading the disk saved font, and editing Power LED levels, but leaving the sounds (and effect names) strictly alone. That's where I think the problem lies, with the saber reading the clash effect for the CB font and being redirected to the AB hum. The change on extinguish and re-ignition may be because the saber gets confused by the package shift, and defaults to the package it ignited from previously (the Purple mute).

Think I'm going to save and quarantine the flicker fonts involved and wipe the CB font from the saber and start again. If I can reproduce this, US has got a starting point for whoever does their soft/firmware troubleshooting and revision.

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:39:47 AM »

That made my brain hurt but I think I follow. Cheesy Just a suggestion, maybe change the effect names first and see if that works. The only thing I've really done is used two different custom sound font packages that are not default fonts (Dominus Nox and Electro Staff) and added color to them. I did run into a couple issues at first and I had to rename some files. Hope it works out!

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »

There was a bug in v. 2.42 causing some erratic saber behavior (in case there was an effect with missing sounds, the saber might have played the sound from one effect and the light from another). It's been fixed in v. 2.45.

On the other hand, please make sure the Power LED channels are 'ON', but set the values to 0 in case you customize colors. Otherwise, it might result in the mixing of effects and the saber might react 'abnormally'.

Cheers,
Adrian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: