Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Naming a lightsaber  (Read 10365 times)
Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« on: November 06, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »

Just out of curiosity, how many saber enthusiasts choose to name their sabers? After all, it is an old tradition to name an outstanding weapon; stories throughout history are filled with famous weapons (Excalibur, Sting, Glamdring, etc.) with distinctive names. I have noticed several people in the forum have names for their sabers. I think, now that I have the soundboard set up nicely, my Bellicose deserves a name... I like the sound of Mizz'ri. Any thoughts?

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

darth yoda
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »

I named mine the overshadow

Darth_Leviathan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -21

Failure is a four letter word

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »

Theres another thread about this somewhere. I was GOING to name mine the Adjudicator but that's taken so I changed it to Lillith

HTC INCREDIBLE:
CYANOGEN ROM
Baseband 2.15
Current Theme: ICS

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 03:49:52 AM »

Every saber I own has a name. They have to. :]

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 03:57:12 AM »

@Kham- Yeah, your Bellicose called Praxis caught my eye. Great name for a saber,btw. Good names for all your sabers, actually!

Dark Side points, please

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 08:36:44 AM »

What Do You Do When You Want To Name A Saber...??

You Come To Me Wink  Grin

(Just Joshing... Though I Would Be Happy To Help Name A Few of Your Sabers If You Would Like... It's A Personal Point of Pride For Me Wink!!!)

I Name Every One of My Sabers:  (Here's Another Taste Wink!!!)

"The Sins of The Father" (My Soon To Be Luke V2 If He Were To Turn To The Dark Side... Though The Blade Shall Remain Green (This Is A Personal Retrospective That I Had On the Saber... As I Believe My Father's Greatest Sin To Be Greed... Which I Consider To Be One of The Factors That Pushed Me To The Dark Side...)

"The Demon of The Light" (My Vader ESB Custom, Dedicated To Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo)

"The Anguish of Cain" (My Soon To Be Completed 3rd MHS Custom Saber Wink!!!)

"The God That Failed" (My Starkiller V1...)

"Caliburn" (My Soon To Be Completed Luke ANH/ESB Custom (You'll See Wink!!!)... I Am Sending This Into Ultrasabers Soon To Be Converted... Translated From Ancient Celtic To The English Word: "Excalibur")

That's Just A Few Wink!!!

(I Would Highly Encourage Naming Your Sabers Wink!!!  I Feel It Grants Them A Special Place of Honor In Your Heart When You Grant It A Name Wink!!!  For There Is POWER!!! In Words and Names Wink!!!)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

TheChosenOne
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »

I have a Raven so I called it: 'Mors Brachium' pronounced "MOORS-BRACK-EE-UM"

Which is essentially Latin for "Clawed Death."

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »

I have a Raven so I called it: 'Mors Brachium' pronounced "MOORS-BRACK-EE-UM"

Which is essentially Latin for "Clawed Death."

Love The Name Wink!!!

This Is What I Like To See Wink!!!  Clever... Intelligent... Masterful Design  Cool

Well Done Brother Wink!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »

@Kham- Yeah, your Bellicose called Praxis caught my eye. Great name for a saber,btw. Good names for all your sabers, actually!

Thank you. Grin

What Do You Do When You Want To Name A Saber...??

You Come To Me Wink  Grin

(Just Joshing... Though I Would Be Happy To Help Name A Few of Your Sabers If You Would Like... It's A Personal Point of Pride For Me Wink!!!)

I Name Every One of My Sabers:  (Here's Another Taste Wink!!!)

"The Sins of The Father" (My Soon To Be Luke V2 If He Were To Turn To The Dark Side... Though The Blade Shall Remain Green (This Is A Personal Retrospective That I Had On the Saber... As I Believe My Father's Greatest Sin To Be Greed... Which I Consider To Be One of The Factors That Pushed Me To The Dark Side...)

"The Demon of The Light" (My Vader ESB Custom, Dedicated To Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo)

"The Anguish of Cain" (My Soon To Be Completed 3rd MHS Custom Saber Wink!!!)

"The God That Failed" (My Starkiller V1...)

"Caliburn" (My Soon To Be Completed Luke ANH/ESB Custom (You'll See Wink!!!)... I Am Sending This Into Ultrasabers Soon To Be Converted... Translated From Ancient Celtic To The English Word: "Excalibur")

That's Just A Few Wink!!!

(I Would Highly Encourage Naming Your Sabers Wink!!!  I Feel It Grants Them A Special Place of Honor In Your Heart When You Grant It A Name Wink!!!  For There Is POWER!!! In Words and Names Wink!!!)

God I missed all your colored text Wraith. lol

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 04:58:59 PM »

Wraith's post is great. That is what I'm talking about, naming the blade makes it important! It gives it an artifact kind of feeling. You don't see many named weapons in sci-fi, however. (I'll just die if someone names a saber Ol' Bessie lol Grin) Love the colored text, Wraith Smiley

Dark Side points, please

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »

Wraith's post is great. That is what I'm talking about, naming the blade makes it important! It gives it an artifact kind of feeling. You don't see many named weapons in sci-fi, however. (I'll just die if someone names a saber Ol' Bessie lol Grin) Love the colored text, Wraith Smiley

WHOEVER OWNS THE OLDEST, BIGGEST Ulatrasaber, Should name it Ol' Bessie. lmao.

Gaius
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Hello Jedi. How nice of you to drop in.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »

I have now named my GB Archon v.2 "Lior" (pronounced Lee-Or) which is Hebrew for "My Light".  Since this is more of a light side design (as compared with Sekarasu, my Raven with SS pommel) I wanted a kinder, gentler name.  I didn't want anything smacking of violence or death or maiming in the name.  It is a saber that fights for justice.  However, Lior has quick disconnects and will soon have DVA and SRD as other options for color.

I wonder if the other color incarnations should have their own names?  After all, the crystal is the heart of the lightsaber.  If you change the heart, do you change the identity?

Raven, Blazing Red, SS Pommel, Obsidian- Sekarasu
Archon v.2- Guardian Blue, DVA or SRD- QD, Obsidian- Lior
Prophecy, violet amethyst - [Name To Be Determined]
Dark War Glaive, Pyrestone with silver FOC, Obsidian, Black Claws red A/V- Enfer

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »

I named my saber the Crusader, I want to get another and name the other one Templar

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 06:33:45 PM »

When I get my Overlord in 2 weeks I will be naming it Demon Slayer. I find the Sunrider's Destiny color to fit the name perfectly. I just gotta get the saber. xp

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »

I Am Honored Wink!!! My Brother of The Night  Cool Thank You  Grin  Grin  Grin!!!

God I missed all your colored text Wraith. lol

Hey We Are Getting Closer To Christmas Wink!!!  It's More Appropriate Now Than Ever  Cool
I have now named my GB Archon v.2 "Lior" (pronounced Lee-Or) which is Hebrew for "My Light".  Since this is more of a light side design (as compared with Sekarasu, my Raven with SS pommel) I wanted a kinder, gentler name.  I didn't want anything smacking of violence or death or maiming in the name.  It is a saber that fights for justice.  However, Lior has quick disconnects and will soon have DVA and SRD as other options for color.

I wonder if the other color incarnations should have their own names?  After all, the crystal is the heart of the lightsaber.  If you change the heart, do you change the identity?

That Is A Truly Beautiful Design My Brother Wink!!!  I Love The Conception of Your Saber  Cool  Masterfully Done  Wink!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: