Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Launcher 2.45 and firmware 243!  (Read 2982 times)
dunis
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

« on: January 11, 2018, 02:44:04 PM »

new Diamond Launcher and firmware!
On the day this clueless guy finally connected to his sabers for the first time  😅
Can’t wait to customize soon 😮🙌🙌👍👍❤️

You cannot see the seer of seeing.
You cannot hear the hearer of hearing.
You cannot think the Thinker of thinking.
You cannot understand the Understander of understanding. That is the ātman.
-Brihadaranyaka Upanishad (3-4)

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 03:51:22 AM »

I have 2.45 and 243. Started experimenting hard with the effect editor and synchronizing light and sound yesterday. Started sampling .wav files today for future custom sound fonts. I think I have the hang of it now. The fun will be adding non-SW themed sound fonts and light synchros that are also serious and not stupid (like Mario, etc.). I have a few ideas in mind that I'm looking for the right sounds.

Also started using Audacity today to edit sounds- nice tool with plenty of features. I like it already.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 06:06:23 AM »

When you upload the firmware on your saber does it delete your stored fonts?  I have been afraid to update my firmware because I have my diamond saber pretty much just how I want it, and don't want a firmware update to erase my hardwork.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 03:02:37 PM »

When you upload the firmware on your saber does it delete your stored fonts?  I have been afraid to update my firmware because I have my diamond saber pretty much just how I want it, and don't want a firmware update to erase my hardwork.

I wouldn't think a firmware update wipes out the software you have stored. BUT you can just save all your .pfnt files on your computer and reload them easily. Not scary if you have this.

Obi Wan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:48:25 AM »

Upgrading the firmware on the saber does NOT wipe out the fonts on your saber. I have 4 Diamond sabers and have gone through like 4 or 5 firmware upgrades already with them and never had any issue with this.

However, it is very important to save all your fonts from your saber onto your computer so if something happens to the memory on the saber board, you can just reset it and then re-write the fonts.

I had  to do this once with my first Diamond saber many months ago when I was a Diamond noob and really screwed the board up to the point where I had to reset it and then re-write 10 fonts to it from the backups on my computer.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
   -The Force will be with you, alwaysl-

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 12:25:13 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation Obi Wan, I went ahead and upgraded my firmware and you were right, all my fonts stayed untouched.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: