Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Gray and the Unchained: The Cost of Freedom  (Read 25739 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2018, 10:00:23 PM »

BA wasn't there to meet Karmack...or was he...or was someone less dominanting...

LOL  um....   yes?  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2018, 01:01:38 AM »

And so two groups, so different and alike, step into an unknown future, allies perhaps, aligned in similar purpose for certain.  Though still, the questions linger, and the galaxy may yet burn for the unknown, while our purpose filled Master Singer moves towards his goals, seeks his opponent on the broad chess board of the stars...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

TheDrunkenConsular
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 44

Light Side

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2018, 12:21:05 PM »

This was amazing all the way through, and I really, really hope that there's a sequel planned!

Who says red is only for the bad guys?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »

This was amazing all the way through, and I really, really hope that there's a sequel planned!

DC, there is ALWAYS a sequel!  :-)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »

Argh! You wrote too many chapters for me to read while I was gone. Now I have can't comment on everything, because I forgot what I wanted to say before I got to say it. Angry
Seriously great finale guys. By the end, I began to actually like Scrubber. But I couldn't stand him up until the end of Ken's trial. That is when he showed himself to be a good man (Togruta Wink) By him not allowing the "jury" to vote, knowing that they would probably vote to have Ken killed when he knew that Ken wasn't at fault for anything except sending info to the Mak'Tor, that was what redeemed him. And then there's Ry. I'm still not sure about her, but we'll see where it leads. Prologues and Epilogues are pretty much always my favorite, and this one didn't disappoint.

"All we had left were Arnor and myself, our personal gear, three droids and three of the latest DCC units still in the hold.
Just like the old days..."

The droids strike back. Grin Plus we might finally get to see Two with his LIGHTSABER!!! (Nope, did not forget about that) Grin

And then this:

"Two of us, against who knows how many Sith Shadows... I smiled, a deadly light playing in my eyes as I watched hyperspace swirl past.

Pity them..."

Just perfect. We have grown to know Karm and Arnor quite well, and that is SO them. Excited for what lies ahead. Cheesy

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2018, 02:31:29 PM »

Thanks Teagan!  Writing this one was fun, the team effort with Dutchman was just amazing and so much fun.  We are certainly more together than either of us alone.  And I think we've gotten these worlds so interlaced now that we are all really telling our stories in the same continuity.  I like that.  :-)

To everyone:  Your encouragement has been amazing and let me say here that I am so glad that y'all have come along for the ride!  I know we have a small audience, mostly just each other, but I've posted stories here in the past and after a few posts it all just dies away.  That didn't happen this time, and that's thanks to all of you who have added content.  Big things like LSG's Aethan epics to little tidbits like the recent post by Lord Rapine - it all adds up.

Whatever happens down the road, thanks for making these past months so enjoyable!

Now ... go write something!  LOL

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2018, 04:41:54 PM »

Thanks Teagan!  Writing this one was fun, the team effort with Dutchman was just amazing and so much fun.  We are certainly more together than either of us alone.  And I think we've gotten these worlds so interlaced now that we are all really telling our stories in the same continuity.  I like that.  :-)

To everyone:  Your encouragement has been amazing and let me say here that I am so glad that y'all have come along for the ride!  I know we have a small audience, mostly just each other, but I've posted stories here in the past and after a few posts it all just dies away.  That didn't happen this time, and that's thanks to all of you who have added content.  Big things like LSG's Aethan epics to little tidbits like the recent post by Lord Rapine - it all adds up.

Whatever happens down the road, thanks for making these past months so enjoyable!

Now ... go write something!  LOL
I wish to reiterate Karm's sentiments: Karm is an outstanding writing partner!  Then, combined with LSG's storyboarding, this produced a fantastic narrative that became much more than the sum of its parts!  Truly, this has been SO much fun  Cheesy

You know Karm, I actually went back and read your earlier stuff.  It is enjoyable (although I was expecting "Karmack" and "Arnor"  Wink) but I can say that your writing has improved  Smiley  Not that it wasn't good before--it most certainly was--but...well, I definitely feel more of a connection to your Mak'Tor than the previous iterations...which is to be expected I guess, especially seeing as to how you've given us SO much to enjoy with everything that you've written about them!

Heh, plus I have to admit to a certain amount of pride when I see my own characters in other people's writing--you, LSG, TR--and it makes it just THAT much more enjoyable!

Long story (I know, "too late") short: you guys are awesome  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »

I wish to reiterate Karm's sentiments: Karm is an outstanding writing partner!  Then, combined with LSG's storyboarding, this produced a fantastic narrative that became much more than the sum of its parts!  Truly, this has been SO much fun  Cheesy

You know Karm, I actually went back and read your earlier stuff.  It is enjoyable (although I was expecting "Karmack" and "Arnor"  Wink) but I can say that your writing has improved  Smiley  Not that it wasn't good before--it most certainly was--but...well, I definitely feel more of a connection to your Mak'Tor than the previous iterations...which is to be expected I guess, especially seeing as to how you've given us SO much to enjoy with everything that you've written about them!

Heh, plus I have to admit to a certain amount of pride when I see my own characters in other people's writing--you, LSG, TR--and it makes it just THAT much more enjoyable!

Long story (I know, "too late") short: you guys are awesome  Grin

Too true...even if we are only writing for our own little group, its still fun and yeah it is great to see my ideas and concepts filter into others stories, and also a lot of fun to work with your characters and organisations (although they do tend to get battered around in my stories...). It is such an awesome thing as Karm mentioned we have our own little side continuity and are all so invested in it truly more than the sum of its parts as Dutchman often notes.

Amazing encouragement from everyone, and even better so many new ideas I get from comments - so long as you keep reading I'll keep writing!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: