Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Reconciling different li-ion battery storage advice?  (Read 709 times)
anonysquirrel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 12, 2018, 01:42:01 AM »

Hi all!

The instructions that come with the Ultrasaber say to take the li-ion batteries out of the saber and store them in the plugged-in charger between uses.

But everything I've read elsewhere recommends not to charge them to 100% and to leave them unplugged rather than pushing a full charge.

I'm not sure how to reconcile these conflicting instructions - has anyone got advice?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:30:24 AM »

Hi.  This is my recent reply to Li-Ion batteries and charger questions.  It may help you.  Generally I think that the majority of members have their own ideas about what to do and what is most optimal.  Using myself as an example... there is no way that I could have enough chargers to constantly be trickle charging my 20 or so batteries.  So I am using a method that so for has been successful for keeping my batteries healthy.

Most new owners tend to follow the written directions for the first few months or less... then let the batteries remain in the saber as long as it doesn't just sit idle for extended periods.  Sometimes I pick up a saber(s) and swing them around just for that purpose.  If I am storing a saber the battery pack is empty.  Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37237.msg604696#msg604696

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: