Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: NEW TUTORIAL: Converting entire soundfonts for Diamond in less than a minute!  (Read 4041 times)
EvilOttoJr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« on: January 12, 2018, 12:56:13 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm finally here with a meaningful contribution to this community!  Grin

After much experimentation, I have come up with a foolproof way to convert other soundfonts for use with your Diamond board! (In theory, this should also work with Obsidian V4 (or earlier if you use the LSU converter) but I cannot test this, feel free to chime in if it does).

The tutorial that has existed on here for a while is sadly broken thanks to Photobucket, and honestly, IMHO it is long outdated and this method is way simpler and WAY faster. Gone are the days of converting each file one-by-one. Now you can convert a whole font to work in the USLauncher in under a minute!

Without further bravado, here is the tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mjK-KR4kG0

The free conversion software:
https://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/

Out of respect for the rules of this forum I will not directly post a link here to the font I used in the example, but there is a link in the video description if you want it.

I DO NOT CONDONE SOUNDFONT PIRACY. Please do this legally.

Note: this method works mainly for Plecter-optimized fonts; it will still technically work for NEC, but those fonts are unmixed and so you're going to need to do extra work to mix the idle hum back into every effect before you convert it over. If you plan on buying fonts to use with this method, go Plecter if at all possible.

Also note: due to the normalization feature of the USLauncher/Diamond, there is a good chance your volume will be all over the place after this; you will need to tweak your volume in the Effects editor to make your idle match your other effects, at least until the hopeful day that RSX makes the normalization a toggleable option (pleeease <3 ).

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I hope this brings a lot more fun and versatility to the Ultrasabers community!

Current collection:
Emperor's Hand (Diamond, White AV Switch)
Dark Initiate V4 (Arctic Blue) (Mystery Box @RTX)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Silver) (Mystery Box Online)
And some OLD Ultrasabers!
Elder (Orange) (Copper Tube)
Tempest (Red) (PVC curved double-blade, complete hilt rebuild)
Archon V1 (Green) (PVC, hilt needs rebuilt)
Nemesis (Blue) (hilt rebuilt as sink tube)

Wishlist: Prophecy (Diamond), Quick Detach Coupler

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:54:45 AM »

Thank you sir!  Very concise and informative, hit all the major points and minor drawbacks, my Tech Writing instructor from all those years ago in college would give you an A!  This will help me a lot since I've already made the mistake of browsing one of the font websites and found several that I just had to have.  You've averted what was sure to be much frustration and many colorful metaphors on my part.  Thanks a million!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:56:11 AM »

Very interesting! I must try this this as I have been using a lot of third market soundfonts as of late.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -40

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE!

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 07:22:07 AM »

I will try it with the LSU converter later when I get off work and let everyone know if it works.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: