Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Zealots  (Read 14476 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 12:07:57 AM »

Two of the best ways to end a tale; with finality, wrapping up all the threads, leaving them neatly knotted and done, or leaving the door open to one or more tales to come.  You have artfully chosen the latter, and twined the curiosity of the reader into the threats to come!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2018, 12:29:17 AM »

*bows*  That's probably the best complement I've gotten in a while.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2018, 01:50:46 AM »

As much as I love your writing and characters Karm, I hate that you had to kill Illian. How things could have gone differently, I don't know, but maybe, just maybe we will still get the chance to see more of Illian. *cough*Aethansareworkingtobringbackthedead*cough* But the idea of more stories to come is intriguing. I almost hope that after the ordeal they just endured, Julwynn and Bal decide not to go on this "Starfire" mission, but at the same time, I do not think it would be a good idea for Karm to go on it either, based on what just happened here, and in GatU. Anyways, great writing, and I can't wait to see what you have planned next.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2018, 03:54:16 AM »

Writer's secret: When I wrote that scene I had worked my way to the point where I knew someone was going to die.  But I couldn't decide.  I wrote the scene over and over... 

In the end I flipped a coin.  :-/

Sorry.... 

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:24 AM »

As authors, sometimes we become but conduits, and the story takes us where it will, even to places we had not been certain we are ready to go.  As well, the characters, when coming so fully to life, must be real in all ways, including vulnerabilities, mortality, or they will always miss that essential trait of believability.  Well done, Karmack.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 04:44:33 AM »

Oh, I just had a thought as to who one of the two women are at the end. Could it be that one of them is Master Racc? Shocked Huh

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »

As authors, sometimes we become but conduits, and the story takes us where it will, even to places we had not been certain we are ready to go.  As well, the characters, when coming so fully to life, must be real in all ways, including vulnerabilities, mortality, or they will always miss that essential trait of believability.  Well done, Karmack.
THIS SO much!  

I know of a few times that I had a story aiming one way in my head until I got to writing...and went in a completely different direction  Wink.  

Seriously Illyiss, and the human fallacies, emotions, and imperfections create wonderful pathos!

Hmm...I think I may have something like that...

Oh, I just had a thought as to who one of the two women are at the end. Could it be that one of them is Master Racc? Shocked Huh
Oh nice TR! I hadn't considered that...

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »

No comment.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: